No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +3.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

19th - Server

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Navigation meny
 Author Navigation meny
Tommas [ USF HunnyBunny ]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-09-17 15:34   
Well i don't play much anymore but today i went in to have some fun.

But when i got online i saw just nothing. I saw none of my team members, i felt completely alone! An online game you should never feel completely alone! why! because its boring.

Now i love the idea of having the whole universe at one map! And i thank the developers of doing that! But when doing so i think you should implant more in it. I don't know why you don't have the whole map in one server but i guess that's because of things i don't understand.
But that's my point.

Im not a game developer but a customer, i expect when going into a game ill get action or fun. Now im going into a game feeling lost. Lost is the word im trying to get forward here. I login in and there's nothing!

Ive seen other been suggestion this, but there has not been any words of changing it, that's why im making this post.

I see some things that could fix's this, and bear in mind, im not a developer or any other computer expert, just a regular customer and have only one wish, to have fun. But this is my suggestions:

- An complete list of where your allies are in the server
- Where combat with your follow allies are
- Where Enemies(not AI) are attacking)

And maybe "at all times" i sound negative, but im just trying to make the game better then it is,in my mind.

The dev team is doing a super job in this game and i think that without them this game would be lost a long time ago. So i hope you take my words in mind when reading this and just don't ignore it as another bash tread.

Thank you.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-09-17 17:29   
Hit the "Filter AI" button in the nav menu. Problem solved.

Lrd_Hunter
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-09-17 19:06   
backlash i think your missing the point here lol. i agree i mean we have this resource system now so it kindof hurts in the fact that when you log in all you see are red circles around planet but cant tell if it is ai or players. and ontop of that you dont know were if any of your faction members are on and were they are at.

Tommas [ USF HunnyBunny ]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-09-19 05:13   
mm suggest u re read it

Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2010-09-19 06:11   
Quote:

But when i got online i saw just nothing. I saw none of my team members, i felt completely alone!
I think you should implant more in it. I don't know why you don't have the whole map in one server.
I login in and there's nothing!
- An complete list of where your allies are in the server
- Where combat with your follow allies are
- Where Enemies(not AI) are attacking)

Everything is finite. Some things are less finite than other's, but they're rare. DarkSpace is not an exception, it has a limit on how much it can do because of the cpu-consuming Medusa Engine, which is the DS equivalent of the Quake Engine. Because of how much it has to calculate (trajectories, locations, damage, collision, AI actions etc), the developers cannot push in very fancy things at the same time.
Perhaps this may change with v1.542 (read Devlog to know why) and the Devs' work on the Medusa engine to make it better. The staff may plan to bring in more resources to facilitate fancy things.
Or we just stay stuck with this until Intel launches the HexCore, which will make things much better...only time will tell, my friend.

Page created in 0.009307 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR