No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +3.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

19th - Server

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » A new armor for ICC?
 Author A new armor for ICC?
DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-09-17 11:12   
We already know what ICC players think about shield, shield aux and depot. All the times, depot provides power to shield is declined. It's obvious. Shield is not armor, and depot is not aux gen. So I come with the idea, scilicet ICC abadon shield aux, and have more armors.

It's absurd, but let's have a discussion on the new armor I'm talking about.
  • What is the new armor?
    Endosmosis armor.
  • How does it work?
    It just works as composite armor, with the new ability is to recruit power to shield.
  • How can it recruit power to shield?
    Weapons have several damaging effects: kinetic, energy, elf, emp, psi. When activate, the weapon will draw N energy from the ship. Everytime Endosmosis get hit by energy type weapon, it will imbibe X% of N energy from the ammunition and conduct such power to shield.
    Example: a QST drains 0.22/s and its damage type is energy. When a QST hits Endosmosis, Endosmosis drains X% of 0.22 and conduct X%*0.22 to shield.
  • How about multi-type weapons?
    It's unclear. Torp's damage type is kinetic and energy, can't tell if kinetic part does A damage and energy part does B damage. X depends on B.
    The complex between power and damage type is confusing. Anyway, if this idea is unacceptable, then it's not important. If staff consider, they'll deal with this.
  • Is Endosmosis OP and ICC immune to KLuth?
    First, Endosmosis recruits power, it doesn't absorb energy damage. Endosmosis get damaged after hit and therefore must be repaired.
    Second, don't forget KLuth has multitype weapons and X may not be 100%.
    Third, Endosmosis only recruits power to the shield attach to it. Ex: Front Endosmosis recruits power to Front shield. An all-around armor will share 1/4 of X to 4 shield, there is no priority.
  • Shall Endosmosis impact on ICC style?
    Less shield means ICC can't rely pressing certain number to direct shield, they must turn the ships around.
    But the best affect is, team has more meaning to ICC now. In the past, the endurability of a sole ship doesn't change much despite of how big the fleet is. Now, the more calibre, the better.
    Depot is also as effecient to ICC as it is to other factions.
  • Promise of this idea?
    DIM, unfailingly.

Marius Falix
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-09-17 11:46   
I love you...

i think this is a great idea, would be nicer if it went to the gen core. as the shield would be shot up but either way i like it. ^^

well if it shields would make it survive longer, naturally. core would allow sustained fireing... not as usefull when dead =\

so yeah shields actually.

We are the Falix Brothers...

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-09-17 12:11   
Nope. No new armour for ICC.

JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2010-09-17 12:33   
I'm with Jack, there is no need for new armor with ICC.. If you come up with some suggestions for new shield systems (that are good suggestions) come on back.

Email JBud   Goto the website of JBud
Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2010-09-17 13:11   
It is an interesting idea, though. I don't know quite how simple it would be to program, as usually gadgets don't call on the information in other gadgets' files/definitions. Of course, damage would be easy to get as that is calculated on hit, but energy usage is confined to the firing ship and the armor of the receiver normally doesn't know that information.

That said, I'd rather the UGTO's (and I suppose Kluth, but they're not notorious for it) infinite repair ability be limited instead of giving the ICC better regen capabilities. The current depot fever isn't intended not entirely desired, so that seems a better target for reform in my opinion.

Email Shigernafy
Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-09-17 13:56   
ICC is fine.

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-09-17 14:06   
I'd advocate more for ICC to be a armorless faction, and having better shields than they have now. Right now they're really just UGTO's little brother.

-Ent

Dwarden
Admiral
CHIMERA

Posted: 2010-09-17 15:45   
i always though it's sad there is not more types of armor for every faction
like light/medium/heavy/special(N)

the difference would be in bulk space it eats out of available tonage thus e.g. less ammunition / resource etc onboard

also there could be some special armor types which can exist only for specific ship sizes or classes (like Elite ships or small ships only because of rift effect in space w/e your imagination can handle

so it would be possible to encounter fast ship which has light armor what helps him in manuevring and has more ammo
or slow bulky overweight tank with not that much ammo but capable withstand some beating

there is lot of possibilities in such concepts

[ This Message was edited by: Dwarden on 2010-09-17 15:46 ]

NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-09-17 15:57   
yeah, speed-stations with -50% hull, but running around at 9gu

(or tank-scouts with + 50% hull but crawling at 15gu/sec)

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-09-17 17:25   
so basically a defense mode every time we hit?
please no...

Okkam
Marshal

Posted: 2010-09-17 17:59   
Shields work just fine, just not on stations. On smaller ships it rocks and the issue with being out-done on depots is actually just a bug with being able to use as many depots as in range so ugto can insta-rep.

Shields on stations need to be looked at and changed so if you can come up with an idea to do with that then it'll be great.

The thing to do with planets is that depots work for ICC, just not fantastically because they don't have alot of armour. If you want to remove armour from ICC then we can probably talk about increasing/introducing an ICC based depot that increases energy/shields instead of armour. Although that structure would be just as flawed as depots and wouldn't really be ICC only due to the way planets and faction structures are captured like its nothing and faction buildings aren't really faction buildings.

Just throwing my two cents.

NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-09-17 18:13   
im still not sure how depots (rep-drones) work

either each depot repair x point of damage to first ship in range till its done
or each depot repair x points of hull-damage and x points of armor-damage to first ship in range till its done

in the first case, i see no differense, if it is k'luth, icc or ugto camping at a depot-planet since they all get x damage repaired per "tick"

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2010-09-17 20:08   
Drones repair x hit points per second on anything in range having less than maximum hit points, which includes gadgets and hull. Since they work concurrently on multiple things, factions having more items able to be repaired at once have an advantage, I suppose.

Email Shigernafy
Xydes
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-09-18 05:31   
Very Nice idea

"No new armour for ICC" Lol your own fault for giving ICC Shields in the first place. And then Defence Mode. So you might as well carry on making mistakes by giving ICC this Endomoisis Armour... Plus I like its capabilities.

But w/e its not gonna happen since BackSlash is stubborn on making ICC a Vegetable.

-Yebbo

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-09-18 06:50   
Quote:
On 2010-09-17 17:25, SpaceAdmiral wrote:
so basically a defense mode every time we hit?

When starting the idea, I think this armour should replace defense mode and shield aux. Ctrl + S will change Composite to Endosmosis. It's lighter than Composite, hence more nimble but weaker.
Quote:
On 2010-09-17 14:06, Saint Valentine wrote:
I'd advocate more for ICC to be a armorless faction, and having better shields than they have now. Right now they're really just UGTO's little brother.

Armour is like human skin, enclosing internal organs. Shield is like bulletproof vest. Vest may not be worn vest but human must have skin, also human's ships.
I believe ICC and UGTO are brothers, tracing back history. They're much alike to USA and Russian.
Quote:
On 2010-03-20 17:34, Jim Starluck wrote:
Personally, I think the solution for the larger ships is to include more slots for Auxiliary Shields, so they can employ those without having to sacrifice Aux Reactors. That will let them regen shields faster by diverting strength from the aux shields to the main ones, as those things recharge real fast.

This solution attaches special importance to ship's self-management. Personally, I like the solution in there, the important of teamates is esteem.
[ This Message was edited by: chlorophyll on 2010-09-18 06:52 ]

Page created in 0.035264 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR