No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
03/30/24 +2.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Announcements » » Proposed Planetary Changes
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
 Author Proposed Planetary Changes
Marius Falix
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-09-15 16:19   
Only two points. i skipped the last few posts as i need sleep.

first, its a given that cloaked ships will not change the cap points.
would this be just Cloaked or ecm too?

two for incentive make it people who control a certain planet have a better chance of some good enh.
or a 5% speed boost.
(you can do this with all stats.)

im kinda thinking like DoW campaign. certain regions give you great advantages. and i think it would give a very saught after incentive.

p.s.

When are enh's getting fixed? they explode with the ship. perhaps a 5 second delay on the drop entering space?

We are the Falix Brothers...

hemlock
Grand Admiral
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2010-09-15 16:32   
I like the idea very much but would like to see some other sort of system control points added to help move the combat away from the planets, perhaps and asteroid base or a traffic control station at jump gates that if you could capture and adds to your control of the system in some way.

The bombing system I see working kind of like this, each planet has a base defense value when you have the faction specific hub built on the planet this could be say 35%. without any other defense structures added.
When a bomb is launched at the planet form a min range of say 150 GU there is a random roll made with a base 35% chance that the planet will take out the bomb, it will not matter how many bombs you have incoming 1 2 3 or 100 they all still have a 35% chance of being taken out, you can now add defense structures that add maybe 5% per structure but I think there needs to be a an upper cap of maybe 95%.

This is not the end of the world as I see it as your blockading the planet your lowering its score to that particular faction that could also lower the defense value. It sounds very promising look forward to seeing it in beta.

Tommas [ USF HunnyBunny ]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-09-15 16:41   
@backslash

Ofc its not just about the numbers, but as you have said earlier, its a BIG difference. And with the dreads/station space, makes it even bigger. But this is off topic.

I didn't say you had to have much skills to cloud bomb, said it was alot more fun.
Thats the essential of what im trying to say, i don't need it to be less lag if it takes away the fun.
Honestly i think it was more fun with combat in 1.483 even with all the bugs then its now, because combat was all about dodging and speed and all that stuff. Nothing is more fun then an cruiser or below battle.

However i haven't seen the discussion with cloak. As kluth have alot worse armor then ICC/Ugto, how are you planing to balance that? And with icc having that shield mode they will get an big advantage.
If you want kluth to be an hit and run faction then you cant really sit and orbit a planet? The main weapon for kluth is to hide, not sit as an open duck and wait for a planet to go green. So what will kluth do? get 10 stations and jump in, the result = Boring.

But im glad to see that you guys are planing to change the system on planets!

Kaoschan
Fleet Admiral
Interstellar Cultural Confederation United

Posted: 2010-09-16 04:09   
nice systems, let see how it will roll out with the population

K'luth Hunter - Recon ~Ping~ Scout - ECCM for the Team, to beat the K'luth!

Goto the website of Kaoschan
Marius Falix
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-09-16 14:28   
Quote:

On 2010-09-15 16:41, Tommas [ USF HunnyBunny ] wrote:
@backslash

Ofc its not just about the numbers, but as you have said earlier, its a BIG difference. And with the dreads/station space, makes it even bigger. But this is off topic.

I didn't say you had to have much skills to cloud bomb, said it was alot more fun.
Thats the essential of what im trying to say, i don't need it to be less lag if it takes away the fun.
Honestly i think it was more fun with combat in 1.483 even with all the bugs then its now, because combat was all about dodging and speed and all that stuff. Nothing is more fun then an cruiser or below battle.

However i haven't seen the discussion with cloak. As kluth have alot worse armor then ICC/Ugto, how are you planing to balance that? And with icc having that shield mode they will get an big advantage.
If you want kluth to be an hit and run faction then you cant really sit and orbit a planet? The main weapon for kluth is to hide, not sit as an open duck and wait for a planet to go green. So what will kluth do? get 10 stations and jump in, the result = Boring.

But im glad to see that you guys are planing to change the system on planets!

Yay defence faction has a perk for being defencive ^^
well yes. it is gonna be hard for luth. just better work together and kill em while ya can.
granted ya cant sit around a planet but you can move around killing ships one by one VERY fast.

planet camping is also very unintresting, specially with ugto -_- yeah we aint even gonna WH to the planet, we are gonna sit here, get bored, shoot alomst nothing while we get spammed by missiles -_-
LEARN, JUMP TO THE ENEMY!! u aint long range.

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-09-16 14:41   
Ships will be redesigned when these new planetary system comes in game for sure.

I already post some question in last post. Hope you may take time answer.

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-09-16 14:43   
I hold utmost faith that the staff will ensure a ten-Station stomp will not be the catch-all for victory you fear it to be.

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-09-16 16:54   
seems like this new change will favor the already over populated ugto faction. as well as promots station spamming while hugging planets.

Email Borgie
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-09-16 19:21   
Quote:

On 2010-09-16 16:54, Borgie wrote:
seems like this new change will favor the already over populated ugto faction. as well as promots station spamming while hugging planets.

We've already got some nice ideas on what to do with station repairs, and depots in general. Watch this space.

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-09-17 08:36   
Quote:

On 2010-09-16 19:21, BackSlash wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-09-16 16:54, Borgie wrote:

We've already got some nice ideas on what to do with station repairs, and depots in general. Watch this space.

sounds good.

Email Borgie
Hakketak
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-09-18 05:41   
well....it sounds like a nice system. infantry capping is so lame usually, to easy. A nice addition might be that elite/hardened infantry have higher loyalty and therefor help allegiance-meter more?

I just see 2 problems:

1- mass ai spawn> luth arent very good at that:) icc are. i think icc gonna cap a lot of planets and its going to be impossible to cap theirs. I have killed manymany ai, only to see twice as many come back. Killing enemy ai is totally useless there just sick amounts spawning.

A solution would b, to make planet allegiance only influencable (or..manipulated might b better spelling) by human players.

2- Cloaked ships dont help allegiance? Cloaking is big part of kluth strength. Almost all of the rest is alrdy weaker. With the huge ping amounts it should be no problem for a fleet to detect a cloaked ship near the planet and kill it.

If we cant cloak defending our own planets...cant cloak near enemy planets well...ugto only leaving their planet with mass station force ping power...where can we cloak?

Maybe add the feature that a ship must be in orbit to change allegiance, instead of a range. That way there is a cloaked luth in orbit, so easier to kill for u, yet it can at least cloak a bit while defending/ finding good attack moment

And for the offense: a planet alrdy detects cloaked ships nearby, so u dont have to worry about 3 claoked luth taking over a planet...We dont care much about em anyway, its usually the faction hoppers that take cappin a bridge to far.

Its good there so much development going on for the game...keep things movin, upgrading:)

[ This Message was edited by: HakkeTak on 2010-09-18 05:54 ]

Marius Falix
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-09-18 05:55   
Quote:

On 2010-09-18 05:41, HakkeTak wrote:
well....it sounds like a nice system. infantry capping is so lame usually, to easy. A nice addition might be that elite/hardened infantry have higher loyalty and therefor help allegiance-meter more?

I just see 2 problems:

1- mass ai spawn> luth arent very good at that:) icc are. i think icc gonna cap a lot of planets and its going to be impossible to cap theirs. I have killed manymany ai, only to see twice as many come back. Killing enemy ai is totally useless there just sick amounts spawning.

A solution would b, to make planet allegiance only influencable (or..manipulated might b better spelling) by human players.

2- Cloaked ships dont help allegiance? Cloaking is big part of kluth strength. Almost all of the rest is alrdy weaker. With the huge ping amounts it should be no problem for a fleet to detect a cloaked ship near the planet and kill it.

If we cant cloak defending our own planets...cant cloak near enemy planets well...ugto only leaving their planet with mass station force ping power...where can we cloak?

Maybe add the feature that a ship must be in orbit to change allegiance, instead of a range. That way there is a cloaked luth in orbit, so easier to kill for u, yet it can at least cloak a bit while defending/ finding good attack moment

And for the offense: a planet alrdy detects cloaked ships nearby, so u dont have to worry about 3 claoked luth taking over a planet...We dont care much about em anyway, its usually the faction hoppers that take cappin a bridge to far.

Its good there so much development going on for the game...keep things movin, upgrading:)

that would work. the bit about orbiting.

beacaaaause the new insta detect with planets being installed (which i forgot about) because lets face it. 5 dreads cloaked around a planet capping it... all theyd have to do is move near the planet and not die (a luth speciality)

Tellaris
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-09-18 14:15   
Easy to address dreadspace in the confines of this idea. You could take a dread or a station to attack the planet with... It'll do a good job against the enemy fleet... But it can be weighted less then a cruiser. So while a dread can inflict plenty of damage, the amount of "capturing power" it adds is less then that of a cruiser.

Also. What about transports? What value to capturing are they, even if they only remove enemy infantry? Will they still have bombs? Will infantry be subject to the same roll system?

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Page created in 0.018936 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR