No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +3.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

19th - Server

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Prestige gaining ... screwed?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author Prestige gaining ... screwed?
Fatal Perihelion
Chief Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2010-09-13 10:13   
Quote:

On 2010-09-13 08:40, HakkeTak wrote:

kluth always get armor away in a second, its the hull that keeps us alive for 3 more seconds. ugto rely on armor, icc, rely on shields. All this means is kluth get lower prestige gains then icc or ugto.

There are other factors too.
For example: Kluth survive more often, so they lose less pres in dieing.

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-09-13 10:21   
Not to mention Luth break into our hull as fast as we break into theirs.

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-09-13 12:26   
Increase pres loss for dying. There's something wrong when someone can take a Dreadnought and SD it ontop of a platform cluster and GAIN PRES by doing so.

Pegasus
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-09-13 13:20   
Its been far too easy since v1.5 and you only just noticed it?
I prefered to work for my prestige than having it fall on my lap as it has been for the last 18 months. These overnight admirals, marshalls are a complete joke, and an insult for vets who played Darkspace for years. I understand its a balancing act to interest new players into the game but V1.5 took it abit too far.

Its not just the prestige gain/loss of .483 that can stop people playing, but the easymode of what we have now can also deter players, since when did you last see me play?

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-09-13 13:55   
After doing some tests in beta, I've lowered it further again. I'm not going to give out numbers, but I've lowered it to about 30% of what it is in release.

Alcedo
Chief Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2010-09-13 17:05   
Its not so much a question of prestige gained but of prestige lost.

If a player has high prestige points and a relatively low amount of time played, one should also look at their "killed" statistic (number of times they have been killed). Skillfull players, like Flash, are simply harder to kill, and therefore lose less prestige.

If one player gets killed 2000 times and another only 1000 times while they play the same amount of time, the prestige difference will be obvious.

[ This Message was edited by: Alcedo on 2010-09-13 17:07 ]

Email Alcedo
Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-09-13 17:26   
Quote:

On 2010-09-13 17:05, Alcedo wrote:
Its not so much a question of prestige gained but of prestige lost.

If a player has high prestige points and a relatively low amount of time played, one should also look at their "killed" statistic (number of times they have been killed). Skillfull players, like Flash, are simply harder to kill, and therefore lose less prestige.

If one player gets killed 2000 times and another only 1000 times while they play the same amount of time, the prestige difference will be obvious.

[ This Message was edited by: Alcedo on 2010-09-13 17:07 ]

You got it all wrong , didnt you?

Okkam
Marshal

Posted: 2010-09-13 18:08   
The whole press loss thing someone briefly mensioned before it was discounted. Maybe there is something to consider with it.

As was also said, prestige loss made people afraid to play because they might die and lose well earned pres. On the flip side pres is easy to come by and losing a cruiser wont offset how much is gained.

What you could do is instead of a pres loss system based on shiptype you could have a pres loss system based on ranks. People won't be afraid to play because only the highest ranking individuals would suffer the most. You would get a midshipman lose nothing all the way up to 1st RA for example then start to lose prestige after ship loss at a increasing rate per rank.

Before any of you high rankers (with me) complain, please... for someone whos that high a rank it normally means they have skill or with the current way pres is gained it is nothing to lose some, other than losing ships 4-5 times in a row.

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-09-13 18:43   
Glad I have made CM. Now I can laugh at all these stupid trifflings.

(go ahead, delete this post too. Apparently Im not allowed to point out the same things, as my threads get deleted.)

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
RonZo *FC*
Chief Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2010-09-13 23:01   
It really annoys to see all this Admiral, FA, GA made in 2 months . Some of them dont even have escential badges. Others dont know tacticals and strategies, just jump, fire and collect big pot.

My FFs has grown insanly because this called warriors that jump in our stations fireline (not talking only for me), thats because easy prestige, long lasting ships, and more...

All years of hard work to earn some decent prestige are useless in front this newly luck pres eaters.

SOLUTION: LEave same ridiculuos ammount of prestige but only when HULL DAMAGE. TAke out shield damage. And increase a bit supply point again. NOw everybody is in combat, we have no supplies other than stations and some AI.

Can Chief Marshal have a special ship?

Good luck!

Apehezt
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-09-14 04:43   
Yeah suppies should get more pres. Im not gonna bother running a suppie the way it is now.

And being a noob having played exactly two months, and only casually, i agree that pres is too easy to gain atm. But then again i have doubts that i would still be playing if presgain was less than half of what it is now.

I also have concerns about the state of the MV. There seems there is little to no point, not to mention interest, to capping systems other than, well, spite.
The result is an almost static MV.
We've been fighting around Fargo Rock for weeks damnit.
Maybe mad pres gain for entire faction(only the ones currently online on the server containing the system) when an entire system is capped? Not only plain pres, but also build, tranny, etc pres to help people get them badges?
[ This Message was edited by: Apehezt on 2010-09-14 05:00 ]

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-09-14 04:54   
Quote:

On 2010-09-14 04:43, Apehezt wrote:
Yeah suppies should get more pres. Im not gonna bother running a suppie the way it is now.

Wow, some people need to get some perspective! Supply prestige is where about we want combat to be in terms of prestige/productivity.

It seems some people have indeed been very spoilt by this change.

Apehezt
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-09-14 05:05   
Well i dont know how presgains were before, so i really cant be expected to have any perspective.
But the way things are now, supping is a waste of time, regardless of how things used to be.
In my opinion, nerfing combatpres waaaay down to less than a third of what it currently is will hurt recruitment of new players tho.

Code Red
Chief Marshal
Non Omnis Moriar

Posted: 2010-09-14 05:50   
Combat pres needs to be lowered back down as mentioned , it is way to easy to gain thousands daily from combat and these reductions will mean players will have to work harder again to get the pres they need to rank which is how it should be.

Code Red, For winning in the 1RA Fleet Wars event, here's your coupon for a week.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-09-14 05:51   
Quote:

On 2010-09-14 04:54, BackSlash wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-09-14 04:43, Apehezt wrote:

Wow, some people need to get some perspective! Supply prestige is where about we want combat to be in terms of prestige/productivity.

It seems some people have indeed been very spoilt by this change.

That sounds good to me.

Make bombing, building the same too, so the rest of the game's aspect will look more attractive. As it is, all I do is combat because it is the most profitable (and fun....)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.201891 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR