No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +3.7 Days

Search

Anniversaries

19th - Server

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Prestige gaining ... screwed?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
 Author Prestige gaining ... screwed?
Hakketak
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-09-14 08:49   
as long as combat prestige in general is lowered, not just amror/shield dmg, then ok it would sound fair

It would cause ppl to take more diverse roles in darkspace i think. like bombin and building

Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-09-14 09:12   
Quote:
On 2010-09-14 08:49, HakkeTak wrote:
as long as combat prestige in general is lowered, not just amror/shield dmg, then ok it would sound fair

It would cause ppl to take more diverse roles in darkspace i think. like bombin and building

Currently there are two ways to earn combat prestige, Armor&shields + hull. In the past we only had hull damage, so gaining combat prestige was not just a little harder.
Some people ran away before you even got to hull due to the very little HP the hull had, so you had a high risk of getting killed due to that.
So we added the flavour of adding Ship damage points when you did damage to armor and shields. This increased the gain from general combat without the need of knocking down a enemy's defences.
Looking back on it the percentage we used was 25% compared to hull damage, was way to large. Especially when you consider that armor/shields can get repaired much faster and people still tend to break of combat or run away when they get hull.
Currently i think when we are looking at ships damage points 90% or more is gained trough armor/shield damage. so we need to find a balance between armor/shield and hull damage prestige gain. This is what jack is trying to do. And what WILL happen.

For the other statistics, we will be looking at them at some point and scale them accordingly. but our first priority is with combat and repair. since these are centered around darkspace its focus "ship to ship combat".

E.

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-09-14 14:09   
Sad to think repair pres gains are where ya'll think they should be. I have been running a supply pretty often lately, just wanting to increase my ranking in that one stat line. As it is, I pretty much decided it's not worth it. At least not right now. Gaining less than 1 pt for each hull point repped seems really...I dunno....dumb? Always had the same issue with combat pres. If I lose 500 pts (as an example only) for a death in a dread, why do I not recieve 500 points for soloing another player's dread?

The idea that pres gain vs pres loss should be so lopsided is one I just do not understand.

And if we are going to only get points for hitting hull, I'm just the stingy, spiteful kinda bastage that will never let an enemy get my hull for more than a second before I am zipping out of there. Especially since most human dreads can get to hull in less than 2 full alphas vs K'Luth. That makes us the faction to be farmed. AGAIN.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Maroc
Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2010-09-14 15:57   
Quote:

On 2010-09-12 17:50, Pakhos[+R] wrote:
1*Steveyk* Chief Marshal 716459-275 days, 18 hours
2 Coombie Chief Marshal 690878-241 days, 15 hours
3 Lithium Chief Marshal 542963-68 days, 19 hours
4 *Flash* Chief Marshal 535162-56 days, 8 hours
5 Code Red {Fallen Angel} Chief Marshal 493649-162 days, 20 hours
6 Don Nukey of ICC *CO* Chief Marshal 444813-184 days, 1 hours
7 ADmiraLMaXimus Chief Marshal 439554-210 days, 5 hours
8 Sheng Chief Marshal 421235-246 days, 19 hours
9 Pakhos[+R] Chief Marshal 399879-137 days, 12 hours
10 Necrotic Chief Marshal 392094-94 days, 13 hours
11*COMMANDERHAWK* Chief Marshal 364688-154 days, 8 hours

Cant say much about it. Numbers say everything.

If u saying this just waching at time played than u might be mistaken because for some players it was reseted or something. For myself it sayes that i played just 17 days and i remember that it was much more. Press gaining might be screwed but it isnt accurate if u just useing time played to prove it.
PS. Its just an opinion.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-09-14 21:58   
What a person does after he logs in also matters. If you've gotten into the game and spent most of your time orbiting a rock, and then going AFK, your playing time VS pres gain will be negatively impacted.

I've done this too many times already.
Log in.... then get distracted by RL matters and just leave my ship parked somewhere while I go do something else... which includes leaving the house or going to sleep ...

Some people are more prolific players. They get into a game and get into the action. Others will take it easy.
[ This Message was edited by: Kenny_Naboo[+R] on 2010-09-14 21:59 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Page created in 0.023501 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR