No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +2.9 Days

Search

Anniversaries

19th - Server

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Random Suggestions
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author Random Suggestions
Spiderbloke
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-09-10 07:32   
Civilian pleasure cruisers that roam home systems like Elites, and when killed drop a small amount of credits, thanks to all the rich socialites on board.

Just want to make sure they dont hit any icy comets or James Cameron will make a film about it.
[ This Message was edited by: Spiderbloke on 2010-09-10 07:33 ]

Gejaheline
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-09-10 09:32   
Quote:

On 2010-09-10 07:32, Spiderbloke wrote:
drop a small amount of credits

Due to credits being how DS makes its money, I do believe it's policy to not give them out in any remotely farmable way.

Spiderbloke
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-09-10 11:57   
More of a joke than a serious suggestion.

But there wouldnt be any point in having civilian ships unless they brought something to the party.

SPaRTaN Z
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-09-10 13:50   
Quote:

On 2010-09-09 22:05, Leonide wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-09-09 20:24, SPaRTaN Z wrote:
While we are being random -

Although i feel the game is balanced, ICC are OP

> ICC are OP

what the hell have you been smoking son? ICC are not OPed, try to fly them once in a while.

Only the best haha,.
I do fly ICC .. ,. And they aren't [bold]uberly[/bold] over powered,. Having not played them regularly for a while, I had a good few hours with them last weekend.
ICC lay waste to planets far easier than UGTO do with basic tactics (mass stacking).,.. *sigh*, To the point that 3 MD's can completely remove all population in about,.. ? 1 - 2 minutes. A half organised band of ICC planet destroyers are worse than the MI. Atleast the MI longhead doesn't kill all the population/infantry and capture quicker than the time it takes you to SY,. Re SY nearby and jump in.
You can ecm bomb like us in frigates,. you don't have a bomber cruiser,.. but the bomber dessy and dread. UGTO equiv to MD,. Agincarrier?
Agincarrier,... ... .. . lol

Defence mode has been adjusted since I last remember,. tho its still too good imo., Not that i really care about it cuz its an option I really don't need to use, I'm old skool man.

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-09-10 15:47   
Quote:

Although i feel the game is balanced, ICC are OP >> there is no doubt in my mind that ICC have it fairly easy compared to what it used to be like for them,. *!DEFENCE!* mode is the killer,. I say this because when we duel ICC these days you have to kill them 2-3 times compared to before *!DEFENCE!* mode. I never had a problem as an ICC assault cruiser before *!DEFENCE!* mode,. but feel as though a better option for it would be to make ICC Shields Repair at Fast Rates while docked in garage.
Too late now aye?

UGTO repair drone spam. Enough said.

*FTL*Soulless
Marshal

Posted: 2010-09-10 15:53   
Quote:

On 2010-09-10 15:47, Talien wrote:
Quote:

Although i feel the game is balanced, ICC are OP >> there is no doubt in my mind that ICC have it fairly easy compared to what it used to be like for them,. *!DEFENCE!* mode is the killer,. I say this because when we duel ICC these days you have to kill them 2-3 times compared to before *!DEFENCE!* mode. I never had a problem as an ICC assault cruiser before *!DEFENCE!* mode,. but feel as though a better option for it would be to make ICC Shields Repair at Fast Rates while docked in garage.
Too late now aye?

UGTO repair drone spam. Enough said.

really find it funny how UGTO complain about Def mode when their drone, depots, supply ships actully DO something and are not a waste
[ This Message was edited by: soulless93 on 2010-09-10 16:10 ]

Email *FTL*Soulless
SPaRTaN Z
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-09-10 16:58   
Well,. I'm not giving away my cheat codes for ICC,. but really I don't think you need defence mode. Depots are just as effective for us as they are for you guys aswell.
The problem with all you new darkspacers atm (holy god its mostly the ICC ) is not because you are noobs, you are new .. To be fair, Defence mode @ the rate it recharges shields should drain energy to zero before it even starts working. Defence mode was never ment to be used in combat. My duel in the first post i refered too was a unmodded HC vs a TC.. Ablative armor I was allowed to fit.... I had to kill him 3 times over,.. Incidently he chose the ships. Thats an open challenge too

You just aren't using your faction to their full potential.. Hopefully that'll come with experience,. It really peeves me off when ya'll log off when the going gets. .. So Basically, if used right ICC are UBER OP, there I've said it..
Let me help you guys out,. cuz i'm such a nice guy and all.
Know your system, and key planets. Heck, why not put a depot or 2 on all of them? I know its hard to set up the systems these days cuz PEOPLE KEEP CHANGING THEM TO THE HIGHEST PRESTIGE EARNING DEFENCES.
Soooo,,. I spose anyone that wants to do some testing ... ICC vs UGTO in beta with me,. i'd be happy too,. or in the MV if your confortable with being ICC Muhhahahah

So another random suggestion. When a planet gets locked only the building that were destroyed can be rebuilt. I'm sure there is flaws in that idea ;P

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-09-10 17:16   
You're talking about duels, which are meaningless. Sure an unmodded ICC ship may have an advantage over an equivalent unmodded UGTO ship in a duel assuming both players are of equivalent skill because defense mode is standard equipment, but that's not how it works in actual battles.

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-09-10 17:31   
from what ive seen:
ICC/UGTO tension: high
ICC/Kluth tension: high
UGTO/Kluth tension: medium/low

i'll leave you guys to make some conclusions

*FTL*Soulless
Marshal

Posted: 2010-09-10 17:34   
Quote:

On 2010-09-10 16:58, SPaRTaN Z wrote:
Well,. I'm not giving away my cheat codes for ICC,. but really I don't think you need defence mode. Depots are just as effective for us as they are for you guys aswell.

last i checked ALL ICC ships have is one layer of armor then hull. On some UGTO ships there is 3 or 4 layers of armor and what does depots rep ohhh yeah ARMOR not shields. And without defence mode ICC would lose a lot more fights and not be able to do anything there after for a while

And an idea why not tweak ECCM times to better ballance the human fractions with luth

[ This Message was edited by: soulless93 on 2010-09-10 20:57 ]

Email *FTL*Soulless
Gin Ichimaru
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-09-10 21:31   
Quote:

On 2010-09-10 17:31, SpaceAdmiral wrote:
from what ive seen:
ICC/UGTO tension: high
ICC/Kluth tension: high
UGTO/Kluth tension: medium/low

i'll leave you guys to make some conclusions

Meh, we're cool with Luthies and ICC. its ICC that have problems with luth, they keep confusing them with burgers cause of those shields

SPaRTaN Z
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-09-10 21:43   
Quote:

On 2010-09-10 17:16, Talien wrote:
You're talking about duels, which are meaningless. Sure an unmodded ICC ship may have an advantage over an equivalent unmodded UGTO ship in a duel assuming both players are of equivalent skill because defense mode is standard equipment, but that's not how it works in actual battles.

yeah defence mode is standard equipment now..yeah fair enuf,. but defence mode isn't designed to be used in combat situations., plz correct me if i'm wrong? Thats the last i heard about it anyway.
I'd consider dueling a combat situation.

[ This Message was edited by: SPaRTaN Z on 2010-09-10 22:14 ]

Gin Ichimaru
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-09-11 01:26   
Suggestion # 4
This might be my most Controversial Suggestion yet and its not random but rather thought out. The Addition of a repair drone on Dreadnaughts.
Yes, but only 1, just to keep them in a fight longer instead of retreating to a depot planet or Station for cover. Add a drone to existing Setups or give them the choice to add a repair bay at the expense of an generator or so. With an repair Bay on dreads, fights could laster longer and more pres can be gained.(Side Note: Adding a repair bay to HUMAN dreads could even up the playing field with our Organic Cousin, twice removed.)

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-09-11 11:02   
id say sup drones on support dreads like command dread or maybe a weak one on carrier dreads

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-09-11 11:31   
Quote:

On 2010-09-10 21:43, SPaRTaN Z wrote:
yeah defence mode is standard equipment now..yeah fair enuf,. but defence mode isn't designed to be used in combat situations., plz correct me if i'm wrong? Thats the last i heard about it anyway.
I'd consider dueling a combat situation.

Duels are separate from actual combat and shouldn't be counted for any kind of discussion. The staff have already said there are no enforceable rules for duels anymore considering how easy it is for someone else to jump in if they feel like it, so basically a duel is an "at your own risk" situation. Complaining about defense mode in duels is like someone complaining about Ablative/Reflective armor in duels.

Quote:

On 2010-09-11 01:26, Gin Ichimaru wrote:
Suggestion # 4
This might be my most Controversial Suggestion yet and its not random but rather thought out. The Addition of a repair drone on Dreadnaughts.
Yes, but only 1, just to keep them in a fight longer instead of retreating to a depot planet or Station for cover. Add a drone to existing Setups or give them the choice to add a repair bay at the expense of an generator or so. With an repair Bay on dreads, fights could laster longer and more pres can be gained.(Side Note: Adding a repair bay to HUMAN dreads could even up the playing field with our Organic Cousin, twice removed.)

Bring Support Stations, that's what they're for.
[ This Message was edited by: Talien on 2010-09-11 11:34 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.029060 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR