No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +2.9 Days

Search

Anniversaries

19th - Server

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Random Suggestions
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
 Author Random Suggestions
Red October
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-09-11 11:37   
No no and no... no nerfing ICC. There is no way I am going to allow you guys to take away the missiles and increase the drainage on the shielding. This arguement that ICC is OP ends here.

1. ICC barely got any ships for close range combat. AKA they are ment for long range with a exception of AC and AD.

2. Even then, AD energy usage along with the shields completely drains the Dreadnought extremely fast. After I am done with a battle, it takes atleast 5 to 10 minutes to repair, regen shields, and regen energy to get ready for the next battle while it takes very little time for you guys.

3. Shielding on the ships dissapear faster then UGTO's armor does during a battle with UGTO or K'luth.

4. UGTO has the SAME strength to take out the number of population that we do. Just because you guys DON'T use that tactic doesn't mean it gots to go.

5. You guys also complain that ICC is massing up alot of players on it's side. How else are we going to balance the fact that UGTO has the same amount of players we due but all are Fleet Admiral or Grand Admiral?

6. I have met and seen UGTO EAD who will win against a ICC AD. Reason being they heavily invest in Advance Weapon Multiplexers. They have the defense in armor which allows them to sacrifice a few defense for offense in this case. That extremely hurts with couple with the fact that shields drain fast and we have very few armor.

7. ICC doesn't have a single PWN all ship, K'luth have the Krill and the UGTO has the Battle Station. This gets tiring hearing that the UGTO or K'luth want to nerf the ICC even further. At times, all I am thinking that you two want easy prestige.

8. Missile Dreadnoughts being based around our Faction's theme, they do extremely poorly against K'luth. Reason being, the K'luth can cloak easily to loose these missiles. Fair eh?

9. Command dreadnought is worthless at the moment. UGTO's verison far surpasses this version that it is a joke.

10. AD is the equivalant of Krill? Not really, Krill can easily cloak and maintain's energy while AD is completely drained within the first 30 seconds of battle, after that, it is over.

11. Battle Station vs ICC stations. Really now, Battle Station trumps all of ICC stations and continues to do so. Matter of fact, any ship from ICC that gets near it dies a horrible death. Even the supposely almighty AD.

12. ICC is not noob friendly. Matter of fact, more times then not that people die needless deaths.

I mainly fly the Assault Dreadnought and Missile Dreadnought for two reasons. Assault Dreadnought can deal some nice damage against K'luth and it deters them from attacking so openingly. Missile Dreadnought is good for repell UGTO's slow moving stations, but they can be easily destroyed if they are draw into close combat. These two are the most effective ships we got against your classes... and lately, I been hearing you guys crying for these ships to be nerf. WAH WAH... why not just keep things fair for a change.

Email Red October
SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-09-11 12:33   
UGTO have been nerfed to the point of being generic faction

we got:
armor (good)
emp (extremely bad, waste of cannon slot)
flux (jim starluck please remove flux as they are hogging points with their uselessness)
fighters (actually useless atm)

so we end up being the generic faction with armor
i would like to request the buffing of flux, emp, and fighters

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-09-11 15:17   
Fighters are currently being worked on, from what I understand. It's what's holding up the rest of the ship layout overhauls.

Gin Ichimaru
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-09-11 22:27   
Quote:

On 2010-09-11 01:26, Gin Ichimaru wrote:
Suggestion # 4
This might be my most Controversial Suggestion yet and its not random but rather thought out. The Addition of a repair drone on Dreadnaughts.
Yes, but only 1, just to keep them in a fight longer instead of retreating to a depot planet or Station for cover. Add a drone to existing Setups or give them the choice to add a repair bay at the expense of an generator or so. With an repair Bay on dreads, fights could laster longer and more pres can be gained.(Side Note: Adding a repair bay to HUMAN dreads could even up the playing field with our Organic Cousin, twice removed.)

Quote:

Bring Support Stations, that's what they're for.
[ This Message was edited by: Talien on 2010-09-11 11:34 ]

I obviously said in the Suggestion. the one You quoted is that the reason of putting a drone on Dreads is to keep the fight going without the need of retreating to a depot or relying on a station.

[ This Message was edited by: Gin Ichimaru on 2010-09-11 22:29 ]

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-09-11 23:11   
I know what you said in your post but it makes no sense. Going by that logic, why stop at Dreadnoughts? Might as well give every ship a repair drone so they can stay in a fight longer too.

Gin Ichimaru
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-09-11 23:37   
Quote:

On 2010-09-11 23:11, Talien wrote:
I know what you said in your post but it makes no sense. Going by that logic, why stop at Dreadnoughts? Might as well give every ship a repair drone so they can stay in a fight longer too.

Well being that they are large enough to accommodate a repair crew as well as the weapons that they are able to use, im only suggesting dreads because they are the Battleships of these game, the Heavy Hitters( Currently not including Stations ), the Spearhead of any invasionary force and the fact that they have to retreat to repair cause the invasion to fall apart. This yes, would reduce the need to use Support Stations and Heavy Supply ships but also make them more Valualbe when they are in play.

SPaRTaN Z
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-09-12 00:47   
Quote:

On 2010-09-11 11:31, Talien wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-09-10 21:43, SPaRTaN Z wrote:
yeah defence mode is standard equipment now..yeah fair enuf,. but defence mode isn't designed to be used in combat situations., plz correct me if i'm wrong? Thats the last i heard about it anyway.
I'd consider dueling a combat situation.

Duels are separate from actual combat and shouldn't be counted for any kind of discussion. The staff have already said there are no enforceable rules for duels anymore considering how easy it is for someone else to jump in if they feel like it, so basically a duel is an "at your own risk" situation. Complaining about defense mode in duels is like someone complaining about Ablative/Reflective armor in duels.

You miss the point,.
To balance something you start at the beginning, then work your way up.
There has to be some sort of balance at 1v1 level for there to be balance with greater numbers. Defence mode is nothing like armor choice, Choosing our armor doesn't give us repair,. it gives us resistance against a certain type of weapon damage. .. no comparison to repairing during combat. no balance

jamesbob
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-09-12 01:33   
Quote:

On 2010-09-09 11:14, Bardiche wrote:
I like that idea. (by the way, kudos to whoever added "Goto last post" in the latest topics link. It's great.)

Some people, like me, get attached to their planetary population and being able to evacuate them or migrate them would be neat.

I still want to see a minelaying Station if not only for the hilarious inefficiency with which it would work, and a miner Dreadnought to expedite the mining process.
[ This Message was edited by: Bardiche on 2010-09-09 11:16 ]

you get attached to your population.

WHAT NONENCE IS THIS

remind me to show up while your building to bomb your planet to see what you do .

but moving pops is not a bad idea. for the sole reason more things to shoot
and more things to use as meat shields

Gejaheline
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-09-12 08:12   
Quote:

On 2010-09-11 23:37, Gin Ichimaru wrote:
Well being that they are large enough to accommodate a repair crew...

All ships have damage control teams that repair system damage. What damage control teams can't do is replace damaged armour and bend the hull back into shape, particularly in the midst of combat. Warships (except perhaps traditional Royal Navy ships) dispense with the ability to repair anything and everything in order to fight more effectively, leaving it to dedicated repair ships to repair any major damage that the ship might suffer.

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-09-12 08:22   
We call it Automated Hull Repair, and K'Luth have it.

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-09-12 11:31   
there was self repair in the age of sail

but then again you couldn't really repair extreme hull damage without beaching or docking

Gin Ichimaru
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-09-12 12:12   
Alright, I understand my opposition but can we make a compromise ?
All drones on dreads but can't repair pass 50% hull or something Double-edged ?

Gejaheline
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-09-12 12:34   
Quote:

On 2010-09-12 12:12, Gin Ichimaru wrote:
Alright, I understand my opposition but can we make a compromise ?
All drones on dreads but can't repair pass 50% hull or something Double-edged ?

If memory serves, armour and shields make up a goodly proportion of one's total hitpoints.

Armour and shields regain health over time.

Ships already have an element of self-repair, and bigger ships repair faster. There's no need to give dreadnaughts and such an extra self-repair device.

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-09-12 13:12   
a bombing station? ugto players really love those shrooms

Email Borgie
SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-09-12 23:23   
ill do some random suggestions

Mining Beams: will do damage and mine resources off enemy ships, at a slower rate however
Attack Drones: desup drones which unwelds enemy ships or attack drones which fire stuff at enemies
Mining Dread: faster mining!!!
Non-moving asteroids: to make some locations and/or planets more valuable to have and mine

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Page created in 0.026597 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR