No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +3.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

19th - Server

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Random Suggestions
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author Random Suggestions
Gin Ichimaru
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-09-08 18:15   
Ok after being GA for almost a month and kinda bored for 2 weeks outta that said month, I was sitting in my Battle Station and i was just thinking of some cool stuff that could possibly be benefical to Us.

Suggestion # 1
A Cruise Liner Ship, a new ship and or a new ability for original ship classes .. Create a new ship that can transport Population to new planets and or allow transports and stations to.

Suggestion # 2
Bombardment Station class, a new station fitted out for the Complete and utter destruction of planets. Similar Design of that of the Battle Station with 2 repair drones but cut down on the amount of QSTs to fit the large array of Missles, Bombers and Cruise Missles, That of a Support station.(NOTE: that even though this station can take out a system almost by itself, it is not meant to be left alone in a heated battle. Its not a Main Battle Station anymore.)

Suggestion # 3
(I was thinking about luth with this one) Since Luthies are the Zapping close range faction, How about a beam that could Destory buildings ? I dont mean the MI DEATH Ray but something that could do damage overtime, Like Starcraft 2's Warp Rays. Would Require you to click on the building to do damage with a very short range. (Larger Suggestion is to allow the user to target the planet as a whole but would require around 4 or more to give the entire planet damage.

I have a feeling that 1, most likely all of these suggestions would get shot down but like i said, it was Random
[ This Message was edited by: Gin Ichimaru on 2010-09-08 18:16 ]

0mni
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-09-08 19:17   
Neat ideas, but they will never be implimented ... Due to the lack of developers, new ideas are on the Two Decades list Just not enough of them to add these kinds of things, but I would really like to see the transport population idea, that would be a really good thing to impliment.

Goto the website of 0mni
Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-09-08 19:50   
Quote:

On 2010-09-08 18:15, Gin Ichimaru wrote:
transport Population to new planets

and that wouldnt get boring in 2 weeks?

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-09-08 21:04   
Quote:

Suggestion # 1
A Cruise Liner Ship, a new ship and or a new ability for original ship classes .. Create a new ship that can transport Population to new planets and or allow transports and stations to.

Transports and Stations already can. Jump to a planet, disband troops to increase population, drop your troops to replace the ones you just disbanded.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-09-08 21:32   

What he means is AI ships to transport population around, probably based on orders you give to a planet.

eg. You go to Earth and access a menu. U order a move of 10 pop to UrAnus .... A cruiser liner spawns and 10 pops load up and it begins its journey to the dark dark planet.

This will make the MV a little more exciting. More civvy ships around. It'll also be good if there is some kind of balancing mechanism to automatically equalize pop levels (meaning, population that aren't workers assigned to a building or def on a planet can be moved automatically)

So if these ships are intercepted and destroyed enroute... you lose them.
Better defend them....

Gin Ichimaru
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-09-09 10:31   
Quote:

On 2010-09-08 21:32, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:

What he means is AI ships to transport population around, probably based on orders you give to a planet.

eg. You go to Earth and access a menu. U order a move of 10 pop to UrAnus .... A cruiser liner spawns and 10 pops load up and it begins its journey to the dark dark planet.

This will make the MV a little more exciting. More civvy ships around. It'll also be good if there is some kind of balancing mechanism to automatically equalize pop levels (meaning, population that aren't workers assigned to a building or def on a planet can be moved automatically)

So if these ships are intercepted and destroyed enroute... you lose them.
Better defend them....

Yes, basically what Kenny said, see i knew i can rely on Kenny

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-09-09 11:14   
I like that idea. (by the way, kudos to whoever added "Goto last post" in the latest topics link. It's great.)

Some people, like me, get attached to their planetary population and being able to evacuate them or migrate them would be neat.

I still want to see a minelaying Station if not only for the hilarious inefficiency with which it would work, and a miner Dreadnought to expedite the mining process.
[ This Message was edited by: Bardiche on 2010-09-09 11:16 ]

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-09-09 12:28   
Quote:

On 2010-09-09 11:14, Bardiche wrote:
I still want to see a minelaying Station if not only for the hilarious inefficiency with which it would work, and a miner Dreadnought to expedite the mining process.

I like Minelayer dread, perhaps change Aricourt or Mandi into one.

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-09-09 12:37   
Miner Dreadnought as in, Extractor Beams.

Minelaying Station would be hilarious because it'd NEVER move out of its own mines in time and make hilarious shishkebab out of itself when you pulse. :V

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2010-09-09 12:50   
Quote:

On 2010-09-09 11:14, Bardiche wrote:
(by the way, kudos to whoever added "Goto last post" in the latest topics link. It's great.)

That was me!

Though standing on the shoulders of Backslashes, who added it in the main forums and provided the framework to make it work.

Email Shigernafy
Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-09-09 13:35   
nice idea ..
no..
wait...

You can already turn infantries into population...

SPaRTaN Z
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-09-09 20:24   
While we are being random -
1. Interdictors should stop ALL Wh's opening,. Friendly or enemy. Although you should still be able to WH into one. ( No more station spam hit n run )
2. Ally enhancements should spawn particular ship types,. not random type over classes. Stupid missile cruisers with an attack order will jump an enemy, not fight over the distances they should.
Perhaps Spawnable AI could also have the ability to have their equipment swapped somehow. The ablity to Load infantry/enhancements/resources onto them, the ability to then select those items and either attach enhancements or unload them onto yourself.
Heck,. Why not even the ability to make Ally Spawn enhancements, purpose built allys,. You can name it,. select the equipment, and when u use it that ship spawns everytime.. you could even buy those uber enhancements to put on them to make them even more appealing.
3. I cannot order captured AI,. Capped AI needs that ability too.
Jack says you should be able to,. it just isn't so atm,. so perhaps a bug
This is confirmed and does not work.
4. A button to turn captured ships into an enh for later use?? (Spartan Z with 4 nautilaus stations at my command aww )
5. A way to have targets/locations as quickselect buttons, or shortcuts buttons.
In the heat of battle it can be hard to quickly press F2 to find ur retreat spot, then tab to find its location respective to your facing. Shift J for the human factions more oven than not means death. This purely stems from the fact that after doing all of the above ur armor has be blasted away and ur hull is at 50 or less. 50 hull or less is basically instant pop. Being able to preplan our escape means that gate camping players wont be such an issue as you could set your location for your jump and reselect it with a simple press of buttons,. not F2,. click,. esc *die* shift J *die*. ATM the closest thing we have is CTRL Y,. target parent,. tab (hope its not behind you ,. else ur gonna have to SHIFT J and prob die.)
6. Upgrade build drones..? should it be a unique enh? at 1250 the price qualifys,. also still no effect on building plats and such.
--> The MD needs to be scapped or altered. Or have its PSM ability reduced or the inability to shoot IT missiles at planets, or halve the IT missile in favor fighters OR make the missile load out unswitchable (so no changing AR's to IT's). I mean ICC get (pros & cons) Pulse lasers,. that blue ring from V that kills all projectiles, *!DEFENCE MODE!*, Faster JD than UGTO? (dam seems like it) better handling on average. Its seems like ICC is equipped to be the Ultimate enemy to itself. UGTO have,... Flux,. EMP ( hey don't forget you guys over nerfed it ages ago !! ), what seems like a longer JD,.
Those who think that the MD is useless against the Kluth aren't thinking outside of the box.
But the issue i have,. Is when ICC decide to start capturing planets with MD's. Sitting well outside planet DEF range, usually with ecm cover, an experienced MD pilot can start bringing down the planet or planetary shields in the first barrage (timing right? PSM's don't travel as fast IT's.,) Here lies the issue, even an inexperienced pilot can sit at 2.7k gu and hit space,. by the 4th volley the timing will be right and the planet will take hits,. regardless., then the 8th volley will get hits or when the timing is close enough,. at this point particularly if the planet is all DEF II its usually dead and will lead to a quick take from there on in..
Yes,. An equal force of UGTO dreads could probs put a stop the the invasion quick enuf,. sure sure,. but why can't our planets prioritize the nasty projectiles from the harmless ones?

Although i feel the game is balanced, ICC are OP >> there is no doubt in my mind that ICC have it fairly easy compared to what it used to be like for them,. *!DEFENCE!* mode is the killer,. I say this because when we duel ICC these days you have to kill them 2-3 times compared to before *!DEFENCE!* mode. I never had a problem as an ICC assault cruiser before *!DEFENCE!* mode,. but feel as though a better option for it would be to make ICC Shields Repair at Fast Rates while docked in garage.
Too late now aye?

Excuse my spelling/grammar - quickone
SPZ

[ This Message was edited by: SPaRTaN Z on 2010-09-09 21:07 ]

Gin Ichimaru
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-09-09 21:47   
Quote:

On 2010-09-09 13:35, Pakhos[+R] wrote:
nice idea ..
no..
wait...

And u don't get tired of wasting troops on a frontline planet to deal with the population after a recent bombing ?

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-09-09 23:21   
Quote:

On 2010-09-09 21:47, Gin Ichimaru wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-09-09 13:35, Pakhos[+R] wrote:
nice idea ..
no..
wait...

And u don't get tired of wasting troops on a frontline planet to deal with the population after a recent bombing ?

Think like that, You have a perfect planet. Enough food for pop, enough power for planet and enough pop to make it work. If you have more pop than you normaly need, those planets will lack defense power. So in any case it isnt a good idea to transport population.

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-09-09 23:33   
transporting pop would probably be a last resort to hold the front lines by weakening closer/home systems

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.022413 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR