No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +3.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

19th - Server

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » lil [suggestion] about mines
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author lil [suggestion] about mines
SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-09-11 10:57   
(note for fun suggestion)
DE-sup drones, slowly unweld armor, hull, break shields, and cause system damage once enough of hull is breached

on a more serious side we could have attack type drones that would work like sup drones, swarming an enemy ship. When im bored i swing by a uber depo planet in a dessie and watch a huge cloud of drones tailing me, ive always wondered what happens if those drones were hostile?

Red October
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-09-11 11:06   
Quote:

On 2010-09-10 08:10, Gejaheline wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-09-09 18:09, Challenger wrote:
I swear she sounds more and more like Demorian every day.

If it counts for anything I like the idea of mines being "magnetic" nothing wrong with a 100-200 gu radius for their effective range. With all of the technology out there with ICC, K'luth, UGTO, MI there should be no reason why you could not fit simple magnetic mines into the story line.

I would not increase or decrease damage till we see how the magnetic thing pans out.

Unless it's decided that we suddenly want to replace all weapon warheads with directed energy warheads, I'm suspecting that the homing abiltiy thing would be more likely to happen.

I know it's pure semantics, but engines would probably be more practical than making them magnetic. Same in-game effect, though. Keeping the range fairly modest would stop the entire minefield from homing in on a single ship, which would be undesirable from the point of view of the monelayer since they'll want some mines left to hit other ships.

Isn't this something I suggested a long time ago. Homing mines that move at it's own speed towards a target they locked onto. But if that target is fast enough, it can move outside it's detection range and the mine will come to a dead halt again. Only targets that would be hit is the ones that drive straight into the mine field or moving extremely slow. Stations would be more likely to get hit by these things then a scout would be.

Email Red October
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.006986 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR