No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +3.6 Days

Search

Anniversaries

19th - Server

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » RE: Bombs
 Author RE: Bombs
Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-09-07 13:34   
To: Shi Ji Shipyards

--

Greetings Shi Ji Shipyards,

the current war effort against UGTO is not proceeding as swimmingly as we would hope, to say nothing of the alien incursions into our home systems.

As it stands, though, we feel that new weaponry will be able to turn the tide of war and humbly request the construction of new anti-planetary weaponry. Presently our options in dealing with planetary defences are limited to destructive bombardment or anti-personnel bombardment.

While this is a proven method to work against any planet, we would like to request a new type of bomb to expedite the bombing process and permit us to capture planets without need to repair its structures afterwards, while also disabling key structures efficiently and immediately.

A crewmember suggested the construction of EMP technology in our bombs. Surely we should have enough know of UGTO's EMP to construct this technology and refine it into bombs. I have no doubt UGTO will attempt to steal this technology, and it would be infinitely preferable if these bombs be made so that the shields can halt their EMP payloads and destroy the bombs when they attempt to enter the planet's atmosphere.

The idea is that these EMP Bombs shut down structures for hopefully enough time for additional bombardment deal with the military personnel on the planet or permit a swift escape from planetary interdiction fields, should such structures be disabled for a period of time.

We hope for a positive response to this request,

- Captain of the 'Bardiche'

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-09-07 14:43   
EMP = UGTO tech = no.

If anything ICC already lead in the planetary race with their shield generator (which no other race get). If anything, both UGTO and K'luth should gain a planetary mechanism, not ICC gain one.

In terms of bombs, the current ones we have need to be refined, and with the coming planetary redesign, I personally don't see a place for more types of bombs over the ones we currently have.
[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash on 2010-09-07 14:45 ]

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-09-07 16:18   
Quote:

On 2010-09-07 14:43, BackSlash wrote:
EMP = UGTO tech = no.

If anything ICC already lead in the planetary race with their shield generator (which no other race get). If anything, both UGTO and K'luth should gain a planetary mechanism, not ICC gain one.

In terms of bombs, the current ones we have need to be refined, and with the coming planetary redesign, I personally don't see a place for more types of bombs over the ones we currently have.
[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash on 2010-09-07 14:45 ]

at the way it stands planet shields slow icc down when we have to recap planets. due to the fact that alot of times planets are caped by tranny/or sation rushing. icc are about the only ones who can effectivly and quickly bomb planets.

Email Borgie
justin94
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-09-07 17:01   
I like the idea, but I don't really think it would work well in the game. Especially if only one faction gets it.

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-09-07 18:02   
shields bad? you kidding?
if you didn't have shields you would have to face an army of ecm bomber frigs, but your shields stop all mirvs

i have seen around 2 ICC who use above tactic and it worked wonderfully

*FTL*Soulless
Marshal

Posted: 2010-09-07 19:06   
Quote:

On 2010-09-07 18:02, SpaceAdmiral wrote:
if you didn't have shields you would have to face an army of ecm bomber frigs, but your shields stop all mirvs

the shield only works untill ya get that station or tranny that decides to rush and cap the planet

Email *FTL*Soulless
Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-09-07 19:58   
Quote:

On 2010-09-07 18:02, SpaceAdmiral wrote:

any time you do happen to come across an icc shielded planet 9 times outta 10 its an ai building it on there. and like a said bombing for both ugto and luth is kinda broken.

also that reminds me to ask is it possable to have icc planet shields removed from ai buildiers code since shields arn't really needed to defend icc planets?

Email Borgie
Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-09-07 20:02   
Shields do nothing to stop Neutrons/Bio bombs, thus they are worthless aside from defending against AI bombers which always use Mirv/Telekinetic. If they stopped Neutron/Bio as well, or at least stopped the population damage, they'd be worth the investment of workers and 20 power. There's a reason you almost never see ICC planets with shields in MV unless it's an inexperienced builder or an AI Engineer who puts it up, when a planet with a shield is captured it prevents ICC from retaking it via PSM bombardment.
[ This Message was edited by: Talien on 2010-09-07 20:02 ]

Okkam
Marshal

Posted: 2010-09-07 21:21   
I still stand by the thought that other race's structures that are specific to them should either require more to use or should not work for another race if captured.

ICC mastered shield technology while the others did not, while they can capture the machines and use them they are not ICC and thus should not really have the shield ability. To change this you could add in a factor of complexity as the planet's inhabitants do not understand how to use the technology quickly or you could just make it so you cannot repair the structure as you don't know how it should work.

I makes no sense to have a planet littered with ICC point defence, K'luth anti ship and a shield generator.... Or a K'luth planet with a shield generator or somthing along those lines. Human planets shouldn't use K'luth batteries or the other way around.

Just another thought to put into backslash's head ^^

*FTL*Soulless
Marshal

Posted: 2010-09-07 21:26   
hmm going off what Okk said why not a 50% reduction in effectiveness for non race buildinga on a planet (any building that is not the fraction's only works at 50%)

Email *FTL*Soulless
Page created in 0.015984 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR