No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +3.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

19th - Server

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » RE: Right-click Context Commands
 Author RE: Right-click Context Commands
Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-09-04 21:40   
I love 'em. Seriously I do.

However, I'd like to offer some feedback on them, and namely the following.

On planets, the function works wonderfully. Orbiting a planet without targeting it is a very comfortable thing, and I like the build command so I don't need to map my build gadgets to a number anymore. It saves me much effort.

Naturally, the orders interface is fantastic. I'd like to propose that holding shift changes to an alternate order, however; such as ordering "Goto" instead of "Defend". I'd like to be able to order AI/players to "Go to" a planet or location rather than Defend it, and it'd be grand if I could do that without having to order twice.

It's not fun to receive two orders in quick succession, I don't think, and there's a clear difference between Go To and Defend, for those of us who like literal interpretations.

Naturally this applies to all ships. But for Scouts, I'd like an "Attack" command on enemy ships, and "Defend" on allied ones. Right now, it is a bit... lacking when you get Scout Allies and it spawns the attack Scout(s).

Moving on, I like how it "Attack"s your enemy within range. However, once they leave range it becomes "Follow", and I've at times accidentally followed an enemy rather than attack them. I'd like to see the "Follow" command stripped on enemy craft. You generally don't want to do this anyhow, so it should be a safe change. Worst comes to worst, permit it as a "Shift + Right-click" action that is always available, prioritising "Attack" and making the regular command unavailable when they leave range.

I strongly think this'd improve my joy with using the system and would like to humbly request these alterations to the system, barring player feedback going against it and decreeing my suggestions folly.

*FTL*Soulless
Marshal

Posted: 2010-09-04 23:18   
like the shift idea to do the alt command. And why not to shift plus right click to give orders in the main window (the one you pew pew enemies if you did not know) that was we can order AI or such around without going to F2

Email *FTL*Soulless
Page created in 0.012076 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR