No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +22.9 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Shadow/Follow jumping
 Author Shadow/Follow jumping
Silent Threat { Vier }
Marshal
Anarchy's End

Posted: 2010-09-02 20:36   
Shadow/Follow jumping is currently broken in this version. Not sure if the devs know this or not but i'll post my findings here. Before the "redline stop safety" feature was added. It at least worked well enough for us all the jump to the same spot at the same time, tho we would end up piled on top of each other with Shadow.

Me and my brothers would really like this fixed as we use it quite often for combat. We are concidering trying another faction besides K'luth but this is stopping us. As K'luth we can jump in, cloak up, then form up before attacking. With another factions we would at least want to be able to jump in at the same time to the same area. Now if this was completely fixed where when jumping on shadow, you ended up in the same position from the one you were shadowing at the end of the jump, that would be most excellent.

Testing done in Beta using ICC Recon Scouts. Each of my jumps was about 10K (plus or minus about 50gu's) with my brother's ship on shadow or follow. Also most jumps were done sitting still or moving at about .4 to keep the 2nd ship aligned with mine (another annoying bug). Also our ships we right beside each other when jumping.

Jumping 10k with Follow with White Line: 2nd ship jumped 1.4K then stopped. After jumpdrive recharged, it jumped the rest of the way to me, tho it fell 2K short.

Jumping 10K with Shadow with White Line: same as above

Jumping (over 10k) with Red Line on Shadow: 2nd ships jumped 3.4 k then stopped. Because I was still jumping when the scouts jumpdrive recharged, it jumped again because it was still on Shadow, jumping 6.6k away from our starting place before jumping. It then recharged then jumped the rest of the way to me as I had stopped by then.

Now with 2 ICC Assault Dreads:
10k jump with Shadow with White Line: 2nd AD jumped 200 gu's then stopped. After recharge it jumped right up to me.
10k jump with Follow with White Line: 2nd AD jumped 3,300 gu's then stopped
10k jump with Shadow with Red Line: 2nd AD jumped 300 gu's then stopped

We'll help with any further testing with this if we can.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-09-02 21:03   
Thanks for the feedback, I'll add this into Mantis.

Silent Threat { Vier }
Marshal
Anarchy's End

Posted: 2010-09-02 21:09   
Thank you. It would be greatly appreciated if this was fixed : )

Marius Falix
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-09-03 07:08   
noticed this, thought it was just me.

We are the Falix Brothers...

Aldreagon { Vier }
Marshal
Anarchy's End

Posted: 2010-09-24 16:57   
Any idea when this might be worked on or not really? We just don't want it to be forgotten.

justin94
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-09-25 07:59   
I also noticed this, and it has been a major problem for me. I often resupply stations and dreads during battle, and they take most of the fire. Then they jump out to a supply planet, but I only jump 300 gu, and then all the ICC/Kluth players kill me in 0.7302 seconds while my jump drive recharges and I franticly dodge, repair myself, and press "j" like my life depends on it. follow mode has resuled in at least 12 deaths, and the only alternatives are to get out early (impossible for my single-track brain), or wait for dread to get to its destination, which usually takes 3-10 seconds, which is more than enough time for ICC to gut my ship, recycle the parts, and laugh at my stupidity.

NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-09-26 14:26   
ill never trust autopilot... never since he decided orbiting a planet is much easier when you jump right through it (in a station.... -.-)

Page created in 0.029864 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR