No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +3.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

19th - Server

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Supply Ships :/ A QQ brought to you by Ironhawk.
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Supply Ships :/ A QQ brought to you by Ironhawk.
Ironhawk
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2010-08-31 00:28   
To: The powers that be.
Subject: The ponderous, i daresay, flatulant ships known as supply ships.

IMHO, I think Supply ships could use a little beefing.

It's like they're made of paper, but they fly like a brick. // T.T

I dont even think they are very good at thier primary function,
let alone anything else.

IMHO, Flying supply is not fun in Darkspace.

If I didnt need or want the badges, I'd never fly these things.

I would not blame anyone else who didn't want to either.

It used to be somewhat fun to fly these ships. They seemed as if they could take more damage back in the day.

I flew supply at times because I enjoyed it. It was not easy, but it was rewarding.
You could fly with your Fleet and be useful.

Now, you had better jump when the battle starts, or else if your targeted it only takes a few seconds before your floating with Major Tom. // QQ

I dont mind being killed... it's part of the game. If some dread jumps me and alpha's me... well, I was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

But when I need to put down some super fast repairs, or I need to manvoer in fleet engagements, the designers of these ships
should have know that defense, and the ability to TURN would be required.

They should have been aware that these ships will be targeted and required to be flown along side combat ships.

Thus inheriently, they are in harms way, and should have been designed
with a military mindset.

As it is now, these ships feel like the Yugo's of Darkspace.

My sugestions... faster acceleration, better turning radius, 3 repair drones,
and more armor,and or shields.

Thank you for your time, and consideration.

Ironhawk.

P.S. I Could be wrong.. and the intended function of these ships is to sit around being bored until someone is willing to let me repair them somewhere....

Althought Honestly, that doesnt sound like fun game mechanics to me,
Thus, my QQ.

Alcedo
Chief Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2010-08-31 04:07   
I agree with you 100%.

Email Alcedo
Marius Falix
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-08-31 04:35   
agreed except the extra rep drone.

the Ead for example could tank a hell of alot.
and could (if the suppy/ead were skilled) take out atleast 2-3 ships. if by some chance they dont run out of E

We are the Falix Brothers...

NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-08-31 05:15   
i think the supplys repair-rates are just too slow

the ships themselfes are fine
you can outrun the bigger ones (those who pose a real threat) but survive most of the smaller ones (and luth-ultimate workers can take a dessys and, if youre lucky, cruisers on their own)

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-08-31 09:11   
If Doran can fly them all perfectly fine, so can you.

justin94
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-08-31 11:46   
I agree that supply ships should have better supply drones, but everything else is unecessary. Even heavy supply ships take a LONG time to supply dreads and stations. I guess that is what the support station is for, but it would be nice to have a better supply rate for the little guys. Armor is not very crucial on supply ships, though. They can repair themselves, and can acutally take a LOT of damage, as long as they aren't hit with a lot at one time. As for acceleration, they seem to do fine. I'm able to dodge anything except lasers in my heavy supply ship, and with a 25 gu/s top speed w/o enhancements, I can outrun anything down to a cruiser.

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-08-31 17:07   
learn to dodge and jump.

Email Borgie
0mni
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-08-31 20:02   
To be honest, heavy supply ships should have 4 reload drones and 3500 res like on the stations. It's a joke the reload speed and res that they hold ....

Goto the website of 0mni
SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-08-31 20:04   
unlike combat ships, most support class ships are unlocked early and thus aren't as great later on

if we say a dessie can't do as much damage as a dread (more faster and agile though) we can compare the heavy suppy to the dessie but probably only stations as the dread

this is the same for other support class ships

if we had a whole slew of suppy ranging from scout sized to dread sized then A. people will complain about uggie repair rates B. however you could have a suppy to fit and be as effective as your rank

currently alot of uneeded work would be required to implement more ships, and actually isn't needed

Ironhawk
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2010-08-31 23:25   
Quote:

On 2010-08-31 09:11, BackSlash wrote:
If Doran can fly them all perfectly fine, so can you.

?????
Here, let me help.....

A professional reply looks like this:

" The game mechanic in question is working as we intended.
We feel that no review, or updates to it are needed at this time.

Please feel free to submit any other ideas to the team, as you feel nessasary, as we value all players feed back, and enjoyment of our game.

Thank you for playing darkspace!

-Development Team."

I've heard more professional replys from teenagers running private game servers in thier garages.... no joke.

Having tried Game development myself... i can say it's not even remotely close to easy.

However, Nothing is worse then having someone in authority who is not mature enough to handel it.

Truely a disgraceful way to address your playerbase.

I can put up with alot... unprofesionalism from a person who is by his station expected to act, and be profesional is not amoung them.

Time to move on.

Thanks to all the other posters in the thread for your thoughts and opinons, weather you agreed with me or not.

To the Captins i flew with during my short return,

Thanks guys, you all rock!

To Faustus... keep living the dream dude, I know it's got to be one hell of a hard road to travel.

The fact that you havent given up is a testiment to the man and his dream, truely you are a Oak amoungst men.

My best wishes to you, your team,Darkspace, and all it's players!!!

-Lord Ironhawk.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-09-01 06:05   

It's a FREE GAME, ppl. Do you seriously expect to be served your game suggestions or request on a silver platter?? Take a step back n think for a moment before you bang your fist on the table and demand to be heard or served.

I'm just happy to be able to enjoy the game without paying a subscription. Know where you stand.

IRL, supp ships, or fleet oilers are slow and vulnerable. They're not speedboats. They're thin hulled tubs with the manueverability of bricks. So do your resupp out of combat, or risk it all by entering the battlezone.

[ This Message was edited by: Kenny_Naboo on 2010-09-01 06:24 ]

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-09-01 12:29   
If you fly a supply ship into combat you're just begging to get ganked by a luth. It's better to set up supply platforms away from the battle area and double jump to get to them instead of dragging supply ships with them, if you want mid battle repair/ammo then bring support stations.

Okkam
Marshal

Posted: 2010-09-01 12:52   
I don't see a problem. They are supply ships used to re-supply in the field but it does not say re-supply during combat.

Basic supplies work just fine and it's only hull that takes a long time and at that, only on larger ships.

You don't need a battle supply because when you think about it then thats the role of a station.

That being said, it would be 'interesting' to see a cruiser class supply ship with the same repair ability as the basic supply. It isn't moving any faster and it has defence but isn't OP in terms of repair rate.

Depo planets are created for a reason.

NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-09-01 13:28   
Quote:

On 2010-09-01 06:05, Kenny_Naboo wrote:

It's a FREE GAME, ppl. Do you seriously expect to be served your game suggestions or request on a silver platter?? Take a step back n think for a moment before you bang your fist on the table and demand to be heard or served.

I'm just happy to be able to enjoy the game without paying a subscription. Know where you stand.

IRL, supp ships, or fleet oilers are slow and vulnerable. They're not speedboats. They're thin hulled tubs with the manueverability of bricks. So do your resupp out of combat, or risk it all by entering the battlezone.

[ This Message was edited by: Kenny_Naboo on 2010-09-01 06:24 ]

thats why there are 2 classes of supp ships
those for resupps in safe areas (with more drones // less armor ) and those for resupps in combat (with less drones // more armor // afaik faster)

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-09-01 14:26   
The only difference between the two supply ships is one has more weapons, 1 drone, and is available sooner, while the second version has 2 drones and less weapons. The "heavy" in "heavy supply" is misleading as it does not have more armor than the regular supply ship, same with the ICC supply ships.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.024256 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR