Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Tellaris
17th - Oskar von Reuenthal

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Movie ideas.
 Author Movie ideas.
Okkam
Marshal

Posted: 2010-08-30 11:28   
I have alot of ideas down on paper about making short clips for Darkspace.

The ones I would like to try at some point are brief showoff movies of each race and their supposed benefits. To do this I will eventually need volunteers but that comes at a later time once I figure out exactly what I need.

I want to know what everyone would like to see in a short clip advertising Darkspace or one of the many races in Darkspace, their ideas on how it should be shot and made.

I would also like to know if anyone has any ideas that might be a great watching experience for everyone to do with Darkspace. Some sort of special fight or somthing that advertises darkspace and what its for. None of that 'watching a AD go steaming forward mashing spacebar to the soundtrack of Metallica' but somthing more.

Brief rundown of my advertisement ideas.
K'luth:
You see a human convoy of a Cruiser or two, a supply ship/transport ship or two and some voices overhead from comms chatter that suddenly goes static near a jump gate only to find that K'luth ships are uncloaking from all sides and attacking the convoy, reducing the convoy to small flaming chunks.
-- OR --
A small K'luth force go forward to engage human forces, who are working together, only leading them into a trap where slowly but surely more K'luth uncloak around them and surround them leading off to a firefight.

ICC:
Using a dictor and other tactical means I want to create a bait trap for UGTO fleet where they take it and then get dictored. This is where MDs and MCs come rolling in at range and begin their rain of death.
-- OR --
MCs and MF in the distance from the UGTO fleet while there is ICC close combat ships in the fray exchanging blows with the UGTO, the UGTO try to jump and attack the missle ships only to watch them jump away by a small distance to be at range again.

UGTO:
POWER!!! Showing a ICC defence fleet getting pulverised by a UGTO offence fleet. Leading the Offence fleet will be a EAD with a couple of supporting dreads (maybe) and an assortment of cruisers. Being in a kind of arrowhead formation.
-- OR --
UGTO capturing somthing in a dictor field only to send in a few combat ships and a BD with the support of a CarrierD and 2 agincourts. Taken from a fighter's point of view on the battle. To maximise how good the UGTO look the ICC's PD will be limited and they will not be able to use their wave module to destroy them all.

These are ideas i've been thinking of and how to get them done ingame. But they do require volunteers.

Does anyone else have any ideas or thoughts on the matter?
[ This Message was edited by: Okkam's Razor on 2010-08-30 11:33 ]

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-08-30 11:31   
Up for volunteering. Can also spawn some objects for you to use (IE, spawn some 'dead' AI (they don't move or react). So you can get the 'image' of a HUGE fleet, but only have a few players doing the acting .

Deth *CO2*
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2010-08-30 11:32   
thats all good with me but i can say i got bored about haff(i dont know how to spell the thing thats a corcle cut in to two peaces lol)way through but the haff i read was good idea
[ This Message was edited by: *F*A*Insanity* on 2010-08-30 11:39 ]

Rebellion
Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2010-08-30 11:34   
I can help as long as im online.

Edit: make a scen with lines of utgo vs icc fleets attacking head on.

i love AD's
[ This Message was edited by: Grand Admiral CRAZY45 *XO* on 2010-08-30 15:18 ]

\"War does not decide who is right, but who is left\"
\"I stopped fighting my inner demons we're on the same side now\"

Deth *CO2*
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2010-08-30 11:40   
and i can help 2

Gin Ichimaru
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-08-30 11:41   
Oh, i'll be one of those Aggys xD
Or the EAD lol
[ This Message was edited by: Fallen Valkyrie on 2010-08-30 11:42 ]

*Obsidian Shadow*
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-08-30 13:08   
DIBS ON THE UGGY EAD CHARGE!!!

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-08-30 15:14   
Hey, I *like* watching an Assault Dreadnought steam forward, smashing the spacebar while Metallica's blaring in my ear.

Depending on the time I could probably lend a hand. This will be in Beta server, or am I staking my prestige for the sake of community spirit here?

Marius Falix
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-08-30 15:25   
well u could do a mix.

have an ugto fleet near a brightly lit terran planet looking majestic and awe inspiring.and minor combat seens mixed with complete annihilation of a planet getting dwarfed by a station.

then darkness surounding (easy space and all) Icc ships small ships interweaving between the dreaadnaughts and stations. setting traps and using range to take down target after target (much like ur idea)

then luth in a red nebula with eeire/tribal music... invisible.

nah id say the convoy one would be good.

anyway, thats what i can see happening.

We are the Falix Brothers...

Rebellion
Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2010-08-30 15:35   
i dont think MD's should be ICC flagships thay are useful in battle but look plain ugly AD's and HC's look good tho

in my opinion Assault Dreadnaught is the best looking ICC ship
[ This Message was edited by: Grand Admiral CRAZY45 *XO* on 2010-08-30 15:36 ]

\"War does not decide who is right, but who is left\"
\"I stopped fighting my inner demons we're on the same side now\"

Okkam
Marshal

Posted: 2010-08-30 15:39   
Looks is a manner of opinion, personally the Md looks better to me, but MD was first choice because ICC are first and foremost a missle race.

Please may I draw your attention to the other thread made in unison with this one to do with the UGTO advert.

Page created in 0.019637 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR