No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Soap Box » » The Ancient Empire [Part 1]
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author The Ancient Empire [Part 1]
Brundon
Admiral

Posted: 2010-08-29 21:30   
Before Humans developed the technology to reach into space. There existed an Empire that no other Empire today can rival. This Empire placed the Humans on Earth, and gave them enough to start on their own. Within this Empire there were beings known simply as the Ancients. The Ancients developed powers that some beings today only wish they could control. The few people who know about the Ancients today believe that they even had the power to pull together gravity and create planets. Some even believe that the Ancients still exist today. Evidence of the Ancients exists on every home planet of the Humans, and even the Kluth. This gives an idea that the Ancients may have even started all the life of modern beings. All that is known about them is some left over technology such as sub-light engines and various weapon systems left over that were discovered by the beings of today. Over the years rumors of the Ancients lost Arc, a ship that is supposed to have information on them and their technology, is supposed to be waiting to be discovered. Only one faction has really spent time searching. Kluth has searched hard for years to find this 'Lost Arc'. ICC and UGTO know of this lost Arc but have yet to put anything into it. Kluth have found relics of these beings. Some time back they found a relic revealing a power now despised by Kluth's enemies. This power is now known as a cloaking device. Since then, Kluth has continued to put effort in not only capturing planets, but continuing it's search for the Lost Arc. It is not known if ICC or UGTO will ever search for it. It is believed by many Ancient believers today that the Ancients are a mix of Kluth, Human, and an unknown Reptilian species.
[ This Message was edited by: BlackShot on 2010-08-29 21:31 ]
[ This Message was edited by: BlackShot on 2010-08-29 21:31 ]

Walrus of Apathy
Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-08-29 22:07   
Epic Stargate rip-off. Try thinking of something original.

Email Walrus of Apathy
JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2010-08-29 22:07   
WTB Whitespace!!!

Otherwise the Intro was quite interesting, waiting for part two.

Quote:

On 2010-08-29 22:07, Beastkiller wrote:
Epic Stargate rip-off. Try thinking of something original.

Yea, because stargate invented the word "Ancient" right? which happens to be the only connection I made to this and stargate.

[ This Message was edited by: JBud on 2010-08-29 22:24 ]

Email JBud   Goto the website of JBud
Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-08-29 22:13   
how exactly does this have any bearing on darkspace?

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2010-08-29 23:52   
It's obviously a metaphor for k'luth cloak issues.

SpaceGK
Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2010-08-30 00:04   
Quote:

On 2010-08-29 22:13, Doran wrote:
how exactly does this have any bearing on darkspace?

Don't be hatin'

0mni
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-08-30 00:10   
"There existed an Empire that no other Empire today can rival."

This is EXACTLY how the ancients in Stargate are portrayed in the past.

"This Empire placed the Humans on Earth, and gave them enough to start on their own."

Same thing, they came to earth through the stargate and found the humans to be this under developed world. They helped spread the human seed across the galaxy.

"The Ancients developed powers that some beings today only wish they could control."

Need I say more ... Ancient technowlogy is far more advanced than anything that is currently in use or in the past in the stargate universe.

"Some even believe that the Ancients still exist today."

Ditto ....

"All that is known about them is some left over technology such as sub-light engines and various weapon systems left over that were discovered by the beings of today."

Ditto ....

"Over the years rumors of the Ancients lost Arc, a ship that is supposed to have information on them and their technology, is supposed to be waiting to be discovered."

The same ... Were u just watching "Stargate: The Ark of Truth" when you wrote this ??

Goto the website of 0mni
Java~Tweak
Fleet Admiral
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2010-08-30 02:08   
ok about everythin has been done today its hard to be original these days so cut him some slack

Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2010-08-30 02:44   
Its basicly stargate. Humans are still humans, kluth are goa'uld. Traces found on every planet, only kluth really know they existed and went searching, etc.
I mean stargate has a nice story, so im ok with that maybe, but atleast use the whitespace.

xplosiv
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-08-30 06:23   
Quote:

On 2010-08-30 00:10, 0mni wrote:
"There existed an Empire that no other Empire today can rival."

This is EXACTLY how the ancients in Stargate are portrayed in the past.

"This Empire placed the Humans on Earth, and gave them enough to start on their own."

Same thing, they came to earth through the stargate and found the humans to be this under developed world. They helped spread the human seed across the galaxy.

"The Ancients developed powers that some beings today only wish they could control."

Need I say more ... Ancient technowlogy is far more advanced than anything that is currently in use or in the past in the stargate universe.

"Some even believe that the Ancients still exist today."

Ditto ....

"All that is known about them is some left over technology such as sub-light engines and various weapon systems left over that were discovered by the beings of today."

Ditto ....

"Over the years rumors of the Ancients lost Arc, a ship that is supposed to have information on them and their technology, is supposed to be waiting to be discovered."

The same ... Were u just watching "Stargate: The Ark of Truth" when you wrote this ??

+1

Rebellion
Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2010-08-30 11:35   
Stargate.

\"War does not decide who is right, but who is left\"
\"I stopped fighting my inner demons we're on the same side now\"

Brundon
Admiral

Posted: 2010-08-30 13:23   
Quote:

On 2010-08-30 11:35, Grand Admiral CRAZY45 *XO* wrote:
Stargate.

Actually no. I made this completely off the top of my head for fun. I don't watch stargate so I wouldn't know anything about it. xD I'm more of a Star wars fan then Star trek and Stargate. How I came up with this off the top of my head points to Stargate having a dull story. No real thought was put into this. No Offense to Stargate fans though. I just don't think Stargate has a good story if I could come up with the story on the top of my head with not knowing Stargate itself.
[ This Message was edited by: BlackShot on 2010-08-30 13:24 ]

[ This Message was edited by: BlackShot on 2010-08-30 13:27 ]

Gejaheline
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-08-30 17:50   
Geja's Law of Sci-Fi and Fantasy:

Every element you can think of has already been done. The only question is how you put it all together into an interesting story.

Brundon
Admiral

Posted: 2010-08-30 18:20   
BlackShot's Law of Sci-fi and Fantasy :

No matter what you put as a Fan fiction story. People will think it's copied from something else.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-08-30 18:24   
Quote:

On 2010-08-30 17:50, Gejaheline wrote:
Geja's Law of Sci-Fi and Fantasy:

Every element you can think of has already been done. The only question is how you put it all together into an interesting story.

LOL that's true. Just like what a music teacher once told me.

There are only twelve notes (or semitones). Every possible scale and chord progression has been written. The only thing left is your arrangement.

That being said, I believe the lore did mention about a race of beings who created the MI. They are prob the equivalent of a B5 'First Ones' type of race, having transcended but are still around, watching their creation, and the younger races.

[ This Message was edited by: Kenny_Naboo on 2010-08-30 18:28 ]

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.026050 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR