Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Tellaris
17th - Oskar von Reuenthal

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Interdictoring Prestige
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author Interdictoring Prestige
henry700
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2010-08-22 13:08   
would be a good thing to add, me and my dictor helped in huge conflicts by blocking the enemies Jump Drives, and would like to get some prestige for it.

can be something like Time dictored(in minutes) X the number of enemy ships you dictored X damage that you or your allies did to the dictored ship /2

or something like that but just dont make it overpowered.

Mersenne Twister
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-08-22 13:11   
i thought this was why we added grouping

I wouldn't screw with it if I were you. The doctor already holds you in poor favor. Messing with this might really fry his shorts.

| Dark Hiigaran |
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-08-22 13:36   
actually .... what if you could gain 1 point if an enemy ship tries to jump in your dictor. make a badge out of it
[ This Message was edited by: | Dark Hiigaran | on 2010-08-22 13:37 ]

Email | Dark Hiigaran |
Wild Cat
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-08-22 14:09   
I'm happy with grouping as this indeed makes you gain some prestige for all the ships your team mates are blowing up because of the interdictor your flying keeps them trapped.

[off topic]
I don't believe the interdictor ship is really appreciated on the battlefield.

I'm happy when one is around, on my side that is, but if one is used against you, it hurts, for it often means you can't escape and your ships will be blown up.

Those who get blown up and had enhancements installed that they payed for feel the biggest sting, for it basically cost them money, for they will need to replace them if it happens to often.

It would not be the first time I've seen the presence of a interdictor change the game play in such away... Kind of hard to describe, but it "poisoned" the fun factor. Heck, I've even been asked by my own team to park the interdictor and get an other ship as it put the game play turned in to much of a careful sit and waiting game.

Not really sure what would be a good way to make the game play less feel poisoned.

I would not mind to see if if the interdictor ship has a limited use of the interdictor device like supply/repair drones on a supply ship.

But for now I'm waiting to see what the ship layout changes will do with it.
[/off topic]

Grand Admiral Trays
Grand Admiral
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2010-08-22 16:31   
Quote:

On 2010-08-22 14:09, Wild Cat wrote:
I'm happy with grouping as this indeed makes you gain some prestige for all the ships your team mates are blowing up because of the interdictor your flying keeps them trapped.

[off topic]

I'm happy when one is around, on my side that is, but if one is used against you, it hurts, for it often means you can't escape and your ships will be blown up.

Those who get blown up and had enhancements installed that they payed for feel the biggest sting, for it basically cost them money, for they will need to replace them if it happens to often.

It would not be the first time I've seen the presence of a interdictor change the game play in such away... Kind of hard to describe, but it "poisoned" the fun factor. Heck, I've even been asked by my own team to park the interdictor and get an other ship as it put the game play turned in to much of a careful sit and waiting game.

Not really sure what would be a good way to make the game play less feel poisoned.

I would not mind to see if if the interdictor ship has a limited use of the interdictor device like supply/repair drones on a supply ship.

[/off topic]

Agreed that a Dictor should have a limit such as supply ships. Although when the enemy brings a dictor it does nothing but change my primary target.

Lazurkri
Fleet Admiral
Interstellar Cultural Confederation United

Posted: 2010-08-22 16:41   
I've used a Dictor a lot, and I agree they poison the fun, but, really, If you can't kill a Dictor, you have problems, as all of the Dictors I've used are incredible fragile, and usually full prey to anyone who is fast enough to get through a enemy fleet to target them.

That said, I feel that you should get Prestige for Dictoring, as well as a badge, due to that very fragility issue...you are more vulnerable than any other ship save the support ships and transports, so you should be compensated for your usage of the Dictor, so long as you are actually keeping enemies from jumping away

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-08-22 16:57   
Quote:

[off topic]

[/off topic]

combat is a risk. you gamble your ship in the hope to gain pres. if your dictored you turn in man(woman) up and fight to the death.

Email Borgie
NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-08-22 18:14   
Quote:

On 2010-08-22 16:41, Lazurkri wrote:
I've used a Dictor a lot, and I agree they poison the fun, but, really, If you can't kill a Dictor, you have problems, as all of the Dictors I've used are incredible fragile, and usually full prey to anyone who is fast enough to get through a enemy fleet to target them.

That said, I feel that you should get Prestige for Dictoring, as well as a badge, due to that very fragility issue...you are more vulnerable than any other ship save the support ships and transports, so you should be compensated for your usage of the Dictor, so long as you are actually keeping enemies from jumping away

a dictor isnt that fragile
all you need to know your role (dont fight) and try to stay behind friendlies / around 900 gu away from the enemy

Wild Cat
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-08-22 18:20   
Quote:

On 2010-08-22 16:41, Lazurkri wrote:
If you can't kill a Dictor, you have problems, as all of the Dictors I've used are incredible fragile, and usually full prey to anyone who is fast enough to get through a enemy fleet to target them.

An interdictor isn't that fragile, it's a cruiser that can take a decent amount of punishment. An interdictor should have little problems with cannon fire and it's biggest threat are large missile volleys aka missile spam. With an interdictor field up, the interdict can jump to a safe distance and prevent enemy ships from getting in optimal cannon range.

Interdictors don't fly often with out a decent amount of combat ships for support.
Most fast attack craft that try to intercept the interdictor will get intercepted by friendlies and taken out (if not, poor teamwork).

Even though a interdictor will end up very high on the priority/threat list to be taken out ASAP, this isn't always an easy task to do. (with the exception to k'luth)

ADmiraLMaXimus (Bringer of Doom)
Chief Marshal
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2010-08-22 22:31   
Quote:

On 2010-08-22 13:11, Mersenne Twister wrote:

Enough said

[ This Message was edited by: ADmiraLMaXimus (Bringer of Doom) on 2010-08-22 22:31 ]

Email ADmiraLMaXimus (Bringer of Doom)
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-08-23 02:28   
Quote:

On 2010-08-22 13:11, Mersenne Twister wrote:

Yes. But some ppl have expressed disagreement with the way the stats are shared out.
Namely;

- pres is shared out evenly instead of the killer getting the lion's share of the pres and the others getting a smaller share

- kill/death/capture stats being spread out

So perhaps what is needed might be to give dictors some pres for enemy ships destroyed in the dictor field?

Alienfreak
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-08-23 06:37   
Quote:

You have to remove Kluth then, too. There is almost always 1-2 Kluth camping near the fleet waiting to kill people who retreat with less than 30% hull and just kill them.

The Interdictor is by no means more funkilling than those people.

NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-08-23 06:54   
95% of the game is about killing enemy ships

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-08-23 07:11   
I believe that dictor pilotsshould get prestige for every enemy player ship that is killed inside that players dictor field, based on the class of ship killed.

Not damaged, not that got away, outright killed. That means the dictor was doing its job and did it well enough to kill an enemy.

In the event that there are multiple dictors, the only dictor that gets the prestige is the first to cover the target with their dictor.

To avoid confusion it would need its own statistic such as Combat Support or something. Depending on the class, the dictor pilot would get more points towards the statistic the bigger the ship they kill. The reasoning behind this is that smaller ships are less of a threat and thus killing them is less of an effect on an overall enemy force than say, destorying a station which is a much larger blow. Every 1 full point of this statistic translates into three prestige.

For example:

.1 for a Scout = .3 prestige.

.25 for a Frigtae = .75 prestige

.75 for a Destroyer = 2.25 prestige

2 points for a cruiser = 6 prestige

5 points for a dread = 15 prestige

10 points for a station = 30 prestige.

Bear in mind as these are player kills, assume that a target force consists of 5 destroyers, 4 cruisers, 3 dreads, and 1 station. Even if a dictor pilot managed to cover all of them when they died, they would only have gained about 120 or so prestige.

Dictors are a big giant target. They only become this effective when operating in fleets. And they actually have to try to keep ships captured so they can be destoryed in order to gain anything from it. Supply ships gain so much more for just sitting in the back and pressing Y. I think its fair, it might even be a little to0 strict even.

I think a system like that would go a long way towards making support crafts like that actually used.

-Ent

[ This Message was edited by: Saint Valentine on 2010-08-23 09:22 ]

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-08-23 07:39   
Quote:

Some people just want to face each other off and pew pew mash spacebar. Leaving the brains at home. Leaving tactics or strategy. These are usually the people who loathe dictors, cloak, gate mining, etc etc.

Don't be pulled down into that quagmire.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.026149 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR