Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Tellaris
17th - Oskar von Reuenthal

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » The Mycopia Incident [Classified D-3]
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author The Mycopia Incident [Classified D-3]
Xydes
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-08-22 08:30   
MI + Tractor Beam x Asteroid = Empty Planet

Maybe MI got a Tractor Beam D:

But yeah it sounds more like a Crystalline Entity...

MI Stepping up there game maybe?

MI sound more like the Borg each Patch... they have Adapted.. and will now Assimilate us.

-Mint

Vice Chancellor Kitashiro
Grand Admiral
United Galactic Trade Organisation

Posted: 2010-08-22 09:02   
To: Fleet Admiral Sopwith Camel, UGTO Galactic Navy Intelligence Operations; Brigadier Gejaheline, UGTO Navy Intelligence Director, seconded to GTN Intelligence Operations.
From: Vice Chancellor Kitashiro, Office of the Chancellor, UGTO High Command
Date: August 21, 2310
Subject: RE: The Mycopia Incident

Having just spoken with the Grand Chancellor, we both agree that if these reports are true the MI now presents an even greater threat than they did before. If news gets out the there are enemy ships out there with mass-produced, world-razing superweapons the levels of panic would be uncontrollable.

As such, Brigadier, you are to ensure that news of this weapon is never reported. Any incidents where this superweapon is deployed should be covered up, and your agency is to fabricate anything required to convince the people that razed worlds are still perfectly fine or have been captured by the ICC.

Fleet Admiral, you are to develop methods and procedures for the advance detection of MI ships equipped with superweapons and intercept them before they can reach their destination. If you have any issues with resources, forward them to me and I'll see what I can do. We cannot afford to lose entire worlds to the MI.

Finally, if either of you discover some method to capture MI ships or convince them to attack our enemies, please report it immediately. Deployed properly, that weapon could win all wars at a stroke.

Godspeed.

Vice Chancellor Kitashiro,
Office of the Chancellor.

The_Enforcer (The Vindicator)
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-08-22 09:09   
ok when i first read this report, i thought it was just a story to further the MI, but this is true? i would get into my BD and harass the hell outta the AI and CDs at fargo rock and atm it looked fine, as for mycopia and all the other planets you guys mentioned

Rebellion
Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2010-08-22 13:48   
Aregra got Wiped and then fargos rock soon after tharefor killing all of our SY's in the system so we had much truble defending from utgo.

\"War does not decide who is right, but who is left\"
\"I stopped fighting my inner demons we're on the same side now\"

henry700
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2010-08-22 15:24   
hey wait...

LOL I WAS WITH THE PEEPS WHEN WE KILELD THE PRETATORIAN AND THE LONGHEAD!!

Wow.

also they took out Sentri Levi

henry700
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2010-08-22 15:33   
Quote:

On 2010-08-22 08:04, Gejaheline wrote:
THE FOLLOWING IS CLASSIFIED LEVEL RHO. IF YOU DO NOT POSSESS THIS LEVEL OF CLEARANCE, CEASE READING IMMEDIATELY AND REPORT TO THE CLOSEST UGTO NAVAL INTELLIGENCE OFFICER.

To: All cleared UGTO fleet commanders.
CC: Fleet Admiral Sopwith Camel, UGTO Galactic Navy Intelligence Operations
From: Brigadier Gejaheline, UGTO Navy Intelligence Director, seconded to GTN Intelligence Operations
Sent: Date: August 22, 2310
Subject: RE: The Mycopia Incident

Gentlemen,

As always, any mention of MI is to be classified level Rho, in accordance with the Grand Chancellor's standing instructions and Navy Intelligence protocols. Please keep this in mind when reporting the events of the preceding communication to your subordinates, as standing orders from the Grand Chancellor also call for the execution or permanent incarceration of all non-cleared individuals who hear of the MI. Those who find themselves incapable of maintaining these sorts of security procedures will find themselves being visited by myself, and myself shall be very unhappy.

Analytical divisions of Navy Intelligence believe that the Machine Intelligence has stepped up its campaign against humanity and developed some form of powerful beam weapon capable of drilling through the crust of planets, causing a multitude of natural disasters ranging from tectonic shifts and eathquakes to the ignition of atmosphere, wiping out huge swathes of planetary assets at a stroke. Additionally, the electromagnetic flux created by such a weapon is capable of wiping electronic storage media and causing extensive brain damage to personnel planetwide, which can be treated by modern medicine but will typically cause permanent memory loss to those affected.
The effects of this weapon upon warships is currently unknown, although one suspects that it shall be rather unpleasant. All reports related to encounters with the MI are, as per usual, to be routed to Navy Intelligence.

Brigadier Gejaheline,
UGTO Navy Intelligence,
Mars.

There is a MI planet near Kaus Borealis, i recommend taking it out IMEDIATELY, since it is a possible staging point for any of those MI attacks.

EDIT: Oh god, it all began the last update,it began on Volme Septavus...

WE ARE DOOMED IF WE DON'T CLEAR MI OF THE SPACE!
[ This Message was edited by: henry700 on 2010-08-22 15:35 ]

Lazurkri
Fleet Admiral
Interstellar Cultural Confederation United

Posted: 2010-08-22 16:49   
Huh. Whats next, they capture our ships and use them against us? that would be BAD.....

Exodus™
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-08-22 17:43   
Quote:

On 2010-08-22 16:49, Lazurkri wrote:
Huh. Whats next, they capture our ships and use them against us? that would be BAD.....

Dont give the Devs ideas...

ADmiraLMaXimus (Bringer of Doom)
Chief Marshal
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2010-08-22 23:05   
A word from the kluth Galactic News Network:

Recorded feed from a rally in Sag Hotha.....
Supreme Commander Shin'ak Za'ur

"The Demons just wiped out every colony we had in the Procyon System"

"Over 8 billion lives were lost"

.......Live News Feed.......

"Now its been confirmed that the MI threat we face now is the very same threat that alsmot wiped our kind out of existance long ago."

...... Back to the rally on Sag Hotha.....

"It is belived the MI followed the technological signatures of human technology and our colonies were in a system which was in their path."

This mechanical technology, which caused the MI to almost bring our kind to extinction was the reason we created our biological technology.

"We left our true home system and with our new biological tech were thriving until the humans changed the couse of our history."

"Once again we have to face these demons"

"I blame the humans mechanical technology for bringing the MI here and they too must be destroyed if we are to truely rid of the MI."

"We must be more active in this universe to defend the rest of our colonies and our new home world."

"If we are to survive then we must........"

!!!! KILL M.I. !!!! and !!!! KILL ALL HUMANS !!!!

.......THE CROWDS BEGIN TO CHANT......

KILL THEM ALL..... KILL THEM ALL..... KILL THEM ALL.....KILL TH>>>>>>>

transmissin out.

[ This Message was edited by: ADmiraLMaXimus (Bringer of Doom) on 2010-08-22 23:06 ]

Email ADmiraLMaXimus (Bringer of Doom)
Kangaroosteak
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-08-22 23:46   
>>> Intelligence Report
To - UGTO Command HQ
From - Recon craft Iroma
Reviewed and Edited By Head of Galactic Relations

Recent scans indicate that Procyon A, Epsilon Ind, and Epsilon Caranie Aa systems; all held by K'Luth forces; has recently obtained radio silence on all channels known to the UGTO, the number of K'Luth ships that usually patrol the quadrant have decreased dramatically as well.
(Note: It will be assumed that either civilization on each K'luth planet was destroyed, or that marshal law has been past throughout the quadrant.)

We have also lost contact with all special forces sent in to gain intelligence on K'Luth of the Procyon A cluster, each special op will be assumed M.I.A until further notice.
(Note: Recessions will be held over the next few weeks and reparations will be paid to each of the agent's families.)

In regards of the MI, sensors indicate an increase in production of a new kind of super weapon on all MI homeworlds, though details on this Planet Destroyer are shoddy at the moment.
(Note: It has been noted that these weapons are currently being used on the "Longhead" Class Dreadnaught, the capital ship of the MI fleet.)

-End Message

Note: things noted have been added by Head of Galactic Relations

[ This Message was edited by: Kangaroo Steak on 2010-08-23 00:09 ]

Goto the website of Kangaroosteak
Sopwith Camel
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-08-23 01:44   
To: Vice Chancellor Kitashiro, Office of the Chancellor, UGTO High Command
From: Fleet Admiral Sopwith Camel, UGTO Galactic Navy Intelligence Operations
Date: August 23, 2310
Subject: Re: RE: The Mycopia Incident

It is with a heavy heart that I must report that several more worlds were recently destroyed by the MI. Attempts at boarding and capturing Praetorian-class cruisers and Longhead-class dreadnaughts with veteran heavy infantry have been met with failure. I have personally recruited several hardened and elite heavy infantry units that are ready for deployment.

From observations so far, it is seen that the MI attacks have focused either solely or almost solely on planets with functioning shipyards built on them. Surrounding planets without these structures were found to be mostly untouched.

It is unknown whether the MI will attack planets with inactive shipyards--I request that the Chancellor send a general directive to all UGTO Fleet Commanders to immediately deactivate the shipyard on a planet that is being approached by MI vessel. Results arising from this tactic, be it a success or a failure will be reported to both me and the Office of the Chancellor.

Should this tactic fail, the Chancellor is requested to order all UGTO Fleet Commanders to maintain at least one non-shipyard planet in each major system with sufficient population, energy, technology, and resource requirements for the building of a shipyard to allow for quick ship redeployment should a current shipyard planet be destroyed.

I would like to request your Office and the UGTO Senate Emergency Defense Subcommittee to grant extra resources to our fleets to construct extra sensor bases and platforms surrounding shipyard planets for better detection of enemy vessels. For now, it seems that conventional ECCM sensors are sufficient to detect MI ships. However, as Brigadier Gejaheline explained, the MI superweapon appears to be beam-based, so we have no defense against them once they are deployed. It is not understood at the moment how the beams bypass ICC planetary shield systems.

Please let me know what you think of these suggestions.

Also, because of the severity of this crisis, I assume that we'll be canceling our long-planned golf trip to Demaret this Thursday (unless it would make it appear to the public that nothing out of the ordinary is happening).

Fleet Commander, Galactic Navy

-Arkaeus-
Fleet Admiral

From: Definitely NOT under your bed, so dont even bother checking. ;s
Posted: 2010-08-23 17:08   
(Pretend this is in-character)

I suggest that if you see an MI Longhead, or any other MI with the ability to 'glass' (wipe) planets clean, heading towards an SY planet, maybe deactivate the SY and find a way to distract it and change it's order (send AI to attack, set up obstructions such as weapon plats, etc.).

I assume that the AI searches for planets with SYs as primary targets, and that it uses the "Shipyard" planetary trait. That trait is relinquished once the shipyard is deactivated. If the MI is too close and is not being distracted, however, it may continue forth and wipe the SY planet or target other planets in that cluster.

Lark of Serenity
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2010-08-23 17:34   
@ maximus: if youre going to repeat kluths origin story and reasons for fighting, at least be accurate =D ktnxbai

Kangaroosteak
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-08-23 17:40   
>>System Report Kaus Borealis

We have lost contact with our colonies in the Kaus Borealis System, after searching the now empty planet Melando Decimus, we've come across a colony log buried in the sand...

Admin>>> Login
Password: ******

Login Succesful
----------------------

Colony Log - Melando Decimus

Day One: After being dropped off by Command Dread
Kangaroo (What kind of name for a starship is that?) We've established a colony on this rock named Melando Decimus, we've been informed that another barren planet; Aeceru Quintavus; was discovered and the MI civilization was bombed by ugto forces.

Day Three: Further investigation on the sister planet's surface unveiled a functional SpaceYard; it was completely deserted; so all power will be rerouted to our other facilities, no use for it anyway, this system doesn't have any strategic value.

Day Five: A starport has been built on both planets, it's nice to see a dread helping out with all the construction, maybe they'll import my favorite food... Canadian Bacon...

Day Eight: Now we're talkin'! The planetary defense systems came online today, now we don't have to worry too much about all them pirates stealing our resources. Command Ship
Kangaroo left today, but I hear that an engineer ship will soon be replacing it... Better engy ship than no ship at all.

Day Forteen: The Interdictor system is online today, kind of strange seeing a giant red ring bulging out the side of the planet, but it'll help with defense. My trade request came in too; canadian bacon; straight from Earth! I can't believe it!

Day Twenty: Looks like all the construction is finished, the engy ship left, trading between us and the sister planet are going pretty well... I even got a raise! Nothing can ruin today.

Day Thirty Six: Noticed a giant blue ship floating up there, our radio op hasn't been able to communicate with it, maybe it's one of those secret projects conducted by the ugto... Anyway, it kinda freaks me out. That SpaceYard we found is still offline, piece of junk, we should just scrap it and turn it into a hospital, my wife's been sick for the past two days...

Day Forty: There was a giant flash of blue light last night, probably those crazy kids from down the street, where would anyone get fireworks way out here? Anyway, we've lost contact with Aceru Quintavus, our sister planet, we used to be able to see lights on the planet's surface from here, but now it's gone dark, hope everything's ok.

Day Forty Seven: Radio op's been getting some strange signals lately, seems to be all in some binary code... Doesn't make much sense to us right now, but we'll crack it.

Day Fifty: That big blue ship is back today, still getting that creepy vibe... Who knows, maybe it's a friendly, don't look like any of the pirate ships I've seen before-- Wait, what's that? Looks like it's beaming something at us... So... Blue.........................

>>>>>>>>>Corrupted Data

Please contact Admin for debug

[ This Message was edited by: Kangaroo Steak on 2010-08-24 03:15 ]

Goto the website of Kangaroosteak
Vice Chancellor Kitashiro
Grand Admiral
United Galactic Trade Organisation

Posted: 2010-08-23 17:51   
To: All cleared UGTO fleet commanders.
CC: Fleet Admiral Sopwith Camel, UGTO Galactic Navy Intelligence Operations;
Brigadier Gejaheline, UGTO Navy Intelligence Director, seconded to GTN Intelligence Operations.
From: Vice Chancellor Kitashiro, Office of the Chancellor, UGTO High Command
Date: August 21, 2310
Subject: The Mycopia Incident: Actions to be taken.

All fleet commanders,

Please refer to the attached article from Fleet Admiral Sopwith Camel on actions to be taken in order to minimise the dangers posed by the MI; it seems that they are primarily intent on attacking our shipyard facilities rather than simple wanton destruction, presumably to reduce our ability to resist further attacks.

This is not entirely bad news; it means that we can predict where they are going to strike and keep civillians away from high-risk targets. Naturally, we cannot simply allow them to destroy our warfighting capabilities.

<---Show Quoted Text--->

In order to combat the MI threat, I am hereby assigning the GTN to lead an MI task force; they are hereby given permission to requisition other units in order to defend against, gather intelligence from, and ultimately find ways to drive back the MI threat. In addition, they are authorised to issue increased security clearances to their personnel to allow them to perform their missions; since you seem to have the UNI Director on your staff at the moment, Fleet Admiral, sorting this out shouldn't be an issue.

As for the golfing... we can't really let killer machines get in the way of our day-to-day activities, can we? Security may have a fit, though, so I might have to get back to you on that one.

Vice Chancellor Kitashiro,
Office of the Chancellor,
Earth.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.032358 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR