Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Tellaris
17th - Oskar von Reuenthal

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » The Mycopia Incident [Classified D-3]
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
 Author The Mycopia Incident [Classified D-3]
henry700
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2010-08-24 16:07   
To: All ship commanders

It seems that when i Order the Automatic Pilot System to move on any place near Kaus Borealis, in one of the gates it only keeps getting in, turning, getting in that same gate again, creating an infinite loop.

It seems that the MI did sabotage our Automatic Pilot System by corrupting the data that leads to Kaus Borealis.

Pilots interested in going to that system should look at the blue gate destinalion lines at the Metaverse map and manually enter one of the gates that leads to the Kaus Borealis system.

---------------------- End Transmission ------------------------------------
[ This Message was edited by: henry700 on 2010-08-24 16:08 ]

Rebellion
Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2010-08-24 18:27   
Quote:

On 2010-08-24 14:32, Lucious Falix wrote:
Protip: Participate or dont post ^_^. Trying to have a bit of fun here. Investigation. and .Contact .Support; ICS. Its not a ship registry, its a Unit Acronym. But I will edit my post for the sake of you shutting up. Thanks for dampering my fun.
[ This Message was edited by: Lucious Falix on 2010-08-24 14:34 ]

Hostile much?

my god people i was just trying to help.

[ This Message was edited by: Grand Admiral CRAZY45 *XO* on 2010-08-24 18:29 ]

\"War does not decide who is right, but who is left\"
\"I stopped fighting my inner demons we're on the same side now\"

henry700
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2010-08-25 18:25   
To: Everyone

It looks like the MI did not sabotage only our auto pilot for Kaus Borealis,but also,theirs.

when a MI ships tries to return, it can't, and it will keep getting in the gate and getting in the same gate again... just like our autopilot.

it looks like MI wants their ships to fight at force.

=====================End Transmission=================
[ This Message was edited by: henry700 on 2010-08-25 18:25 ]

Sopwith Camel
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-08-26 02:08   
To: Vice Chancellor Kitashiro, Office of the Chancellor, UGTO High Command
Cc: Brigadier Gejaheline, UGTO Navy Intelligence Director, seconded to GTN Intelligence Operations.
From: Fleet Admiral Sopwith Camel, UGTO Galactic Navy Intelligence Operations
Date: August 26, 2310
Subject: MI Longhead Captured

I have good news and bad news, Vice Chancellor. My ship was able to deploy 12 veteran heavy infantry units onto a MI Longhead dreadnaught that was heading towards our Arcona colony and was successful in capturing it. Unfortunately, the ship was able to launch its Death Beam approximately 20 seconds before our boys were able to take control of the ship. The Arcona colony no longer exists.

Here is what we have learned about the MI ship's system complement:
Singularity Jump Drive (FTL Drive)
Singularity (SE) Drive (sub-light drive)
Automated Hull Repair
Reflective Armour
2 x ECCM
6 x Energy Torpedo
7 x Focused Energy Pulse Overload (advanced beam weapon)
10 x Focused Energy Pulse (beam weapon)
Tractor Beam
3 x Auxiliary Reactor
Death Beam (approx. 800 gu range)

The files with information regarding the MI and the ship's previous orders are deeply encrypted. It may take us almost ten months to figure out the decryption protocol.

We have attempted to control the ship's navigation, but we are still in the process of learning how to fly the ship. It is presently in the Tau Ceti system, appearing to be ready to attack the K'Luth-held planets in there. However, for some reason it is travelling only at sub-light speed. Attempts at engaging the Singularity Jump Drive failed. We are fairly confident that after the capture of the ship, and the replacement of its stellar cartography system to reflect friendly and enemy objects, that the Longhead will not turn back and attack any UGTO-held planets.

I guess capturing a Longhead makes up for me shooting +16 over par yesterday, eh?

Fleet Commander, Galactic Navy

The Fridge
Chief Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-08-26 12:13   
Quote:

On 2010-08-26 02:08, Sopwith Camel wrote:
shooting +16 over par yesterday, eh?

You did what!!

Kangaroosteak
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-08-26 14:32   
Quote:

On 2010-08-26 02:08, Sopwith Camel wrote:
I guess capturing a Longhead makes up for me shooting +16 over par yesterday, eh?

Play golf 'errday

[ This Message was edited by: Kangaroo Steak on 2010-08-26 18:14 ]

Goto the website of Kangaroosteak
Gejaheline
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-08-26 16:32   
To: Fleet Admiral Sopwith Camel, UGTO Galactic Navy Intelligence Operations.
Cc: Vice Chancellor Kitashiro, Office of the Chancellor, UGTO High Command.
From: Brigadier Gejaheline, UGTO Navy Intelligence Director, seconded to GTN Intelligence Operations.
Date: August 26, 2310
Subject: MI Longhead Captured

Jolly good. See if you can get it to Mars and I'll get some teams looking at it, ideally without anyone noticing. I suggest wrapping it in a giant tarpaulin.

... Okay, on a more serious note: Find somewhere discreet to put it; I'll send some people over to take it somewhere secure, which naturally will be somewhere you're not cleared to know about. Good work.

"I guess capturing a Longhead makes up for me shooting +16 over par yesterday, eh?"

Alas, even taking into account your sterling efforts, your punishment for such heinous golfing crimes is only downgraded to a quick death.

Brigadier Gejaheline,
UGTO Navy Intelligence,
Mars.

Lark of Serenity
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2010-08-26 18:02   
To: -

I've been informed that the project on Fargo Rock went better than expected. Samples for 26000 subjects could not be located, so we had to make up an incident. Family outside of the colony have yet to raise any red flags we should worry about. Severe memory dysfunction in some of the subjects, but otherwise exact copies. General amnesia in many subjects, approximately 5 million. We've explained that one with an atmosphereic event, gas release from subterranean vents across the planet, etc. etc.

The MI actually helped in the project. The science team was having trouble finding individual samples since so much of the planet had been wiped clean. They did however locate a handful of nanodrones of MI origin. We applied the decoding algorithm from our friends. I wasn't expecting it to work on such a small item but apparently the MI don't believe in diverse security. In any case, the amount of information a single nanodrone contained surpassed any storage capability we have of comparable size. Data on the planet and biological data on nearly every subject was downloaded off the drone. It had space to spare. Unfortunately some of the data was corrupted, including its operating systems, which explains why it was laying around. It's unclear whether it was part of the deployed weapon, some sort of targetting tylemetry system, etc. The proposal from the science team is that it was auditing the planet for resources.

In any case, if the UGTO hadn't forced us to bomb the whole thing a few days later it would have been a wonderful success in bioengineering at the very least. It certainly was a novel attempt to bring loved ones back to their families. Of course I'm filing the usual ethical concerns with this report. I also can't imagine this working very often. One or two communication blackouts sure, but you do it too many times and people get suspicious. It's probably better to just aclimbatize the population to the fact that the front is a hazardous place where people die. It's a lot of resources to expend on public relations anyways.

The purpose of the other nanodrones has continued to elude us. My head researcher says attempts to access their basic subroutines triggers a self-destruct sequence. He's lost 12 tool kits, which have been added to the expenditures filing. We are bringing the remainder back to the lab to see if they can be remotely accessed.

soberlife420
Admiral

Posted: 2010-08-27 01:12   
well, this sucks, my girlfriend got vaporized by those dirty MI before our datenight now im going to have to find VENGENACE

Email soberlife420
Trent_
Marshal

Posted: 2010-08-28 06:41   
To: All ship commanders

It seems that the MI are now going after non-sy planets with this "death beam". I just witnessed "Aeceru Quintavus" vaporized by a Longhead.

Mr Fate
2nd Rear Admiral

Posted: 2010-08-28 08:46   
To:Brigadier Gejaheline, UGTO Navy Intelligence Director
Date: August 28, 2310
Subject: MI

im pleased to inform you that a preatorian cruiser and MI longhead have been captured. Both were used in securing the Fargo cluster this morning, unfortunately before we could find out anything about the cruiser it was destroyed.

we will continue our efforts in capturing MI ships but we have troubles finding then keeping up with their ships.

Side Note: a Pirate "nautilus" station was also captured however navigation issues (possibly sabotage) left it tranfering constantly between gates.

~Fate~

Rebellion
Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2010-08-29 20:02   
To: Grand Admrial Lark of Serenity, all cleared ICC personel, ICC High Command.
Date: August 29, 2310.
Subject: MI attack on UTGO and ICC forces.

A few hours ago we were attacked by a force of 1 Nexus 14 node, 3-4 smaller nodes and a number of longheads, cruisers and other MI warships During the joint UTGO ICC engagement with the MI nodes we noticed that some of the nodes seemed to use a new type of teleportation device to quickly disengage and escape from us. during the ending of the engagement a MI Nexus drone E declocked on my rear it fired a single shot into my Flag ship the Assault Dreadnaught C.S.S Insanity it decimated my right side shield & armor and cut into my hull killing over 400 of my crew insantly, my hull was below 67% integrity. my ship then limped back to Argrea ware it may take weeks to repair the shattered hull.

We must take more steps to stop the MI before thare is nothing left for us to fight for.

[ This Message was edited by: Grand Admiral CRAZY45 *XO* on 2010-08-29 20:09 ]

\"War does not decide who is right, but who is left\"
\"I stopped fighting my inner demons we're on the same side now\"

Gejaheline
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-08-29 20:23   
Report title: Preliminary investigations on MI "death beam".
Date: 29/09/2310
Classification: Rho.
Distribution: Office of the Chancellor; all cleared UNI officers.
Author: Brigadier Gejaheline, UGTO Naval Intelligence Director.

This report contains a brief summary of information gleaned from initial investigations of the captured MI "death beam" and related systems.

Fleet Admiral Sopwith Camel and several other brave officers inspired by his actions have brought in a surprising number of captured MI ships; it seems that equipping our marines with electromagnetic pulse weapons has been highly effective for disabling these ships from within, and the MI doesn't seem to have constructed its ships with boarding actions in mind.

As a result, we have several examples of "death beam"-armed ships, stored at a secure location. These ships are very large; the "Longhead" dreadnaught is roughly the size of one of our stations, and their internals are very convoluted.

While we have secured the areas relating to the "death beam" and its operation, we lack the personnel to sweep the entire ship, and several teams have gone inexplicably missing whilst investigating more remote areas.

The weapon itself is highly advanced, but the basic principles have been known of for hundreds of years; it fires an extremely high-volume, high-velocity stream of charged particles at a target, transferring huge amounts of energy to the target in a tiny period of time, resulting in a huge explosion of vaporised material.

Attempts to operate the weapon have ended in nothing at best; it appears that the weapon is missing some essential control system. Since capturing the ships requires that its main control systems be disabled, it is quite possible that the intelligence that controls the entire ship is also necessary to operate the weapon. We are currently examining the possibility of producing a replacement control system.

Study of the ship's power systems have been put on hold whilst we investigate the main weapon, primarily on the grounds that the power plants appear to contain captive black holes; having the entire ship be compressed into a singularity would be detrimental to our investigations.

Studies are continuing. Since the test teams have already broken one gun, it would be helpful if captains made more attempts to capture MI dreadnaughts. In addition, more high-clearance marines would be useful for securing the insides of said ships.

Brigadier Gejaheline,
UGTO Naval Intelligence,
Mars.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
Page created in 0.027588 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR