No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +3.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

19th - Server

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Mining Platform
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author Mining Platform
Rebellion
Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2010-08-22 11:37   
Quote:

On 2010-08-22 09:41, Rocko Willis wrote:
There was, once upon a time, a way to route from which planets to which planets the resouces would go to. I not sure what happened to that feature but I do believe it had something to do with players farming AI Transports.

make the ai transports not give prestige if killed.

\"War does not decide who is right, but who is left\"
\"I stopped fighting my inner demons we're on the same side now\"

Lark of Serenity
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2010-08-22 13:52   
suggestion: give high ranking players a better option than the extractor. mining dreadnaught of some kind, big bulky ship with poor defense and offense but lots of mining beams.

Rebellion
Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2010-08-22 14:47   
Quote:

On 2010-08-22 13:52, N'kra The Wolf wrote:
suggestion: give high ranking players a better option than the extractor. mining dreadnaught of some kind, big bulky ship with poor defense and offense but lots of mining beams.

Bulk Barge jump drive of a station and 13 gu's speed and lots and lots of mining beams

\"War does not decide who is right, but who is left\"
\"I stopped fighting my inner demons we're on the same side now\"

NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-08-23 04:52   
stolen image !

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-08-23 12:09   
mining station

Vice Admiral Onassi
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2010-08-23 18:56   
Me no understand why we cannot haves this. You guys wouldnt have to make any new models, we could just use the supply plat ones. I could even see a mining variant of every class, Sitting around watching your Extractors lasers can be almost hypnotic in their extreme boredom.

Lazurkri
Fleet Admiral
Interstellar Cultural Confederation United

Posted: 2010-08-24 03:58   
Again, why have it exclusively near a planet? why not have a mining plat that hovers near a moon or in a heavy asteroid belt and either stores the resources, acting as a sort of self replenishing "Resource Warehouse", or calls AI transport ships to ship it to a friendly planet? wouldn't need much coding to alter the AI to come to the plat...

Why not make the Plat a AI unit? you build it in a asteroid field, for example, then moves to a new source of mine able resources once it has mined out the area? Be a interesting scenario mission; defend the plats as they mine out the region, and destroy the enemies if at all possible...

Fatal Perihelion
Chief Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2010-08-24 04:08   
Quote:

On 2010-08-21 15:01, MrSparkle wrote:
Guys even Faustus a while ago made the suggestion that mining platforms could be a possibility. I don't remember the thread but I think the discussion was about starports and AI transports being broken (edit: nope the discussion was about mining, duh!) . It was at least around that time.

I'll see if I can find it.

EDIT: Found it, page 2 of this thread http://www.darkspace.net/index.htm?module=forums.php&page=/viewtopic.php?topic=49234&forum=1&28
[ This Message was edited by: MrSparkle on 2010-08-21 15:05 ]

Exactly, Faustus came up with this Mining-Platforms himself.
But right now it is working fine with mining planets, especialy if people take the res from starports themselves, it goes quite fast.
The problem is, often one side is stronger and then has to wait for the
other faction to get ready.
This way people sometimes joke around if we should give the others a mining planet to speed things up in Scenario.

So if both or all 3 factions have good builders and there is not tranny-rush terror all the time, a good game may evolve (in Scenario).

DubStep Santa
Marshal

Posted: 2010-08-24 04:37   
Quote:

There was, once upon a time, a way to route from which planets to which planets the resouces would go to. I not sure what happened to that feature but I do believe it had something to do with players farming AI Transports.

now people farm all the ai, so i think it should be re instated, no point in haveing transports atall if they cant do there job

NUTS

Email DubStep Santa
DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-08-24 06:17   
Quote:

On 2010-08-24 04:37, Thor's hammer wrote:
Quote:

now people farm all the ai, so i think it should be re instated, no point in haveing transports atall if they cant do there job

Now even AI farm themselves...

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-08-24 13:06   
actually there are no asteroids in the mv atm

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-08-24 13:08   
I think it's silly that DarkSpace maintains that "resources is a player's job", given that you get no in-game reward for anything involving resources at all.

It feels like a weird thing to focus on given how every other task you could be doing is rewarding in some way, but mining and resource ferrying isn't worth anything.

Lark of Serenity
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2010-08-24 13:21   
and is also boring

Scorched Soul[+R]
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-08-24 14:19   
i believe the point that is trying to be made is that we need a more effiecent method that can be more easly defended than the options we have now.

If you get everyone in an extractor and start mining it is rather slow. on the other hand managing to build the 2 or 3 mining planets to supply the SY planet you are trying to build tends to fall apart when people have no intrest in building because they either find it boring or have never attempted it and dont know how.

In my mind the options are

Improved extractors with some rank hopefully some engineering badge requirments so you have to know how to build a mining planet before you giveup and go for an extractor.

a mining platform that you can defend while it mines

probably the most code writing intesive would be to make the AI more effecient at building helpful mining planets instead of not so helpful almost mining planets

make it possible to designate the direction and destination of starport resource transports

Email Scorched Soul[+R]
Lark of Serenity
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2010-08-24 20:20   
again, improved tutorials would help a lot of issues as well. many people dont know how to build and dont want to try for fear of ruining a planet.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.033788 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR