No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Revolutionary Cloak
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
 Author Revolutionary Cloak
Lark of Serenity
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2010-08-26 19:30   
hit and run is about hitting and then running. no one said you got to be the first to hit, though. generally the idea is you do a fair bit of damage in your hit, but then have to leave very quickly to survive.

first strike means you get to shoot first. you do not necessarily leave after.

kluth are not first strike. they are hit and run. due to the lack of detection ability currently in place, first strike is also a kluth feature.

one that is making people quit the game, i might add.

Fatal Perihelion
Chief Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2010-08-26 19:39   
I would prefer the eccm ping still.
If i am alone i need just one ping to know how close Kluth are.

If it is the "Cloak Shield" at the cost of beeing able to ECCM ping, i would say: No!

The idea itsellf is interesting, but we dont need any nerf whatsoever.

Draxcyn
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-09-13 08:42   
If it replaces the cloak timer then I +1 aswell

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2010-09-13 14:59   
As a random nobody, this is one of the better ideas i've read on these forums. +1 for implementing this at the very least to test it out

Okkam
Marshal

Posted: 2010-09-13 15:15   
This is a great idea in my opinion. It stops people complaining about cloak and makes gameplay for K'luth more interesting.

It actually makes cloaking a tactical weapon instead of a pure advantage over the other races. It ties in with the idea of the K'luth and still gives them the ability for first strike alpha but means that they aren't as capable of serious hit and runs.

I'm not too fond of the idea of the emp beacon bomb but it is an idea none the less.

I would be for having this looked into and put into beta so that it can be tested as an idea once the admins and devs have looked over it to see if it can be implimented.

Great, somthing constructive to do with k'luth/cloaking for once.

Windless Storm
Admiral

Posted: 2010-09-14 08:44   

Quote:

On 2010-08-14 06:05, Chaoticstorm wrote:
I personally dont think its a good idea most on the icc and ugto side of them , how would they fare without being able to ping and detect us? even for a split second at least they would know we are here. what your speaking of sounds like a perfect cloak that takes damage which brings it down. but usually when a kluth player cloaks icc and ugto just target another uncloaked kluth player. so how exactly would this work?
and you call cloak a "godlike escape button" but in all truth if we wanted to escape our jd would be charged already with its "godlike" recharge times.
im not sure how this will rebalance cloak.

i agree with chaotic here ... without eccm's we will dont have ny idea in which direction the cloaked ship is or if there's a cloaked ship at all or not... so we cannot point fire in every direction in every few minutes .. right?

except this ..gr8 idea of cloak shield combo .. yerr a genius...

Goto the website of Windless Storm
Hakketak
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-09-14 08:56   
i think im gonna type a non-sarcastic message....

when i cloak...its because its gonna suck when i dont

this means im gonna get hit a lot. When i cloak i consider 20% hull byebye at least, maybe more if they track well. In this time i cant shoot. they can. cloaking is alrdy a gamble with so many eccm around. 2 dreads can ping me every alpha

now the idea is...to make cloak go away...when we get hit...riiiight. So i gamble to cloak, instead of shooting the enemy. In this time i know im getting shot a bit. And then the cloaking device turns off pretty fast after im getting shot...basically it means i cannot use cloak in combat anymore, just to prepare the hunt.

(I give u credit, u found a new way to nerf kluth cloaking:))

therefore i dont like the idea

GiggaShadow[+L.F.]
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-09-14 10:00   
Quote:

On 2010-08-26 19:30, Lark (Retired) wrote:
hit and run is about hitting and then running. no one said you got to be the first to hit, though. generally the idea is you do a fair bit of damage in your hit, but then have to leave very quickly to survive.

first strike means you get to shoot first. you do not necessarily leave after.

kluth are not first strike. they are hit and run. due to the lack of detection ability currently in place, first strike is also a kluth feature.

one that is making people quit the game, i might add.

Lark how is kluth the first to hit or strike when we have to wait 2-3 seconds before being able to fire after uncloaking I do not call that first to hit or strike anything. Just Curious.

Dakkron
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-09-14 10:22   
Seems to the first problem is the devs need to decide if Kluth are first strike or hit and run faction. I've always played Kluth as hit and run, the current cloak system fits that model best, especialy with the 3 seocnd delay between uncloaking and firing. That is another question, would firing delay be removed under the new system?

With the new propsed system Kluth become a first stirke faction. We will have no choice. A cloak sheild will not last long if its being pounded by 2 or 3 dreads. It can't or the propsed game balance is lost.

Fallen |3lood Angel*Kiyoh*
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2010-09-14 11:18   
+1 for a cloak shield, -1 for it failing

Don't waste your time, Or time will waste you.

Subtilizer
Grand Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2010-09-14 11:21   
Quote:

On 2010-09-14 08:56, HakkeTak wrote:
i think im gonna type a non-sarcastic message....

when i cloak...its because its gonna suck when i dont

this means im gonna get hit a lot. When i cloak i consider 20% hull byebye at least, maybe more if they track well. In this time i cant shoot. they can. cloaking is alrdy a gamble with so many eccm around. 2 dreads can ping me every alpha

now the idea is...to make cloak go away...when we get hit...riiiight. So i gamble to cloak, instead of shooting the enemy. In this time i know im getting shot a bit. And then the cloaking device turns off pretty fast after im getting shot...basically it means i cannot use cloak in combat anymore, just to prepare the hunt.

(I give u credit, u found a new way to nerf kluth cloaking:))

therefore i dont like the idea

This is pretty much my opinion awsell hakke put it perfectly.
Also im just wondering but wouldnt , if this took place have to have major amounts of rebalancing in multiple area's? (in truthit stopped being rebalancing a long time ago now its plain nerfing)
[ This Message was edited by: Chaoticstorm on 2010-09-14 11:24 ]

Lonectzn
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-09-28 06:14   
Let's not get unnecessarily cynical. It's a little premature to be crying nerf, especially considering there hasn't even been any numbers thrown around regarding how it might be implemented.

The way I see it, the K'luth as a faction are hamstrung in terms of development through the current cloaking system. It's far too difficult to adjust, and this has been reflected in the type of changes we have seen. Rather than being free to work in new toys for each side and ways in which K'luth can interact (in terms of cloak/cloak detection) with the other factions, we're limited to timers and other artificial limits. These have been wildly unpopular. This proposal at least would give the developers freedom to decide how it plays. If K'luth are too undetectable or dying in droves, it would be simpler to add new countermeasures, play around with the values and see what works best. They wouldn't have to worry about how it affects the rest of the signature system, because it won't.

In many situations, it will be a stronger cloak to escape with, as it gives an armour buff and won't be pinged, and you won't have unexpectedly long cloaking times. In those situations where we are under heavy fire, we have to deal with it the same way the other factions always have. It's a big adjustment, to be sure, but it comes with big benefits.

Talar
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2010-10-03 07:47   
Good idea. But what about an anti-Matter cloak. aTier two cloak that weapons fire flies threw. (uneffecting the ships with it)

Give it to a special type of ship (like carriers, and cruisers)
as on dreads it would be to strong (think about it, cloak hit, and recloak new invul and unstopable on a dread unless you make the recloak time like 1 minute).

Subtilizer
Grand Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2010-10-03 08:38   
Quote:

On 2010-10-03 07:47, Mikiel Abdullah wrote:
Good idea. But what about an anti-Matter cloak. aTier two cloak that weapons fire flies threw. (uneffecting the ships with it)

as on dreads it would be to strong (think about it, cloak hit, and recloak new invul and unstopable on a dread unless you make the recloak time like 1 minute).

ummm i suggest you reread the thread its about someone wanting to change the cloaking system. and your idea ...... well that would be game breaking i think , well im a lil tired atm.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-10-03 09:14   
Quote:

On 2010-10-03 07:47, Mikiel Abdullah wrote:

They're finding ways to nerf the cloak. Not boost it.

Your idea won't fly.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Page created in 0.027488 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR