- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +1.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Bizaro
15th - *Flash*
9th - Uziel Lt. Seraph

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Diplomacy » » A call to humanity
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author A call to humanity
Lark of Serenity
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2010-08-12 23:59   
Raven is interested in negotiating a joint attack between UGTO and ICC, with targets and strategy to be discussed at a meeting.

I invite all fleet leaders of the United Galactic Trade Organization and the Interstellar Cultural Confederation to take part.

I hope to have a meeting between as many leaders as possible, but interest in this venture can be expressed through private messages to my account.

For those of us with a better memory, I hope to repeat the events of 6 or 7 years ago.

-Daedalus-
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-08-13 06:53   
Quote:

On 2010-08-12 23:59, N'kra The Wolf wrote:
Raven is interested in negotiating a joint attack between UGTO and ICC, with targets and strategy to be discussed at a meeting.

I invite all fleet leaders of the United Galactic Trade Organization and the Interstellar Cultural Confederation to take part.

I hope to have a meeting between as many leaders as possible, but interest in this venture can be expressed through private messages to my account.

For those of us with a better memory, I hope to repeat the events of 6 or 7 years ago.

Request Denied.

Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2010-08-13 07:10   
Quote:

On 2010-08-13 06:53, Daedalus wrote:
Request Denied.

Request DeDaedanied.

Rebellion
Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2010-08-13 09:48   
Lark i will be thare, when and ware.

\"War does not decide who is right, but who is left\"
\"I stopped fighting my inner demons we're on the same side now\"

DubStep Santa
Marshal

Posted: 2010-08-13 13:37   
so you go kluth and capture all that space, then you go back to icc try and team up with ugto to take it all back. am i right ?

NUTS

Email DubStep Santa
Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-08-13 16:54   
We already capped our territory back.

Rebellion
Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2010-08-13 17:02   
Quote:

On 2010-08-13 16:54, Bardiche wrote:
We already capped our territory back.

And then some.

AKA epsilon eri.
[ This Message was edited by: Grand Admiral CRAZY45 *XO* on 2010-08-13 17:02 ]

\"War does not decide who is right, but who is left\"
\"I stopped fighting my inner demons we're on the same side now\"

Lark of Serenity
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2010-08-13 18:48   
well, for a brief history lesson:

6-7 years ago, Kluth were basically untouchable. They never lost territory if they were on, capping planets was a fair bit more difficult so we never gained very much when they werent, and most attempts by ICC and UGTO to fight were easily repelled, so ICC and UGTO had been fighting incessantly, with ICC mostly on the losing side at the time (very similar to now with a role reversal between the humans).

ICC managed to get its feet under it though, through the work of some very dedicated and talented pilots and leaders (pizza the hut, banshee, jim starluck, etc.). We decided Kluth could stand to learn a lesson in humility. We began making inroads against kluth where theyd never been conquered before. We took the barnards star system for the first time, like seriously, THE first time. before then it had been a deathtrap.

however kluth kept pushing back. our new offensives stirred them to be more aggressive, and UGTO and ICC began to suffer for it.

UGTO and ICC leaders were fed up. we were almost always on the defensive. so we hatched a plan. i led ICC and i think it was bobamaleius that led UGTO, and we launched a massive pincer attack. ICC had something like 100 ships on, UGTO 40. kluth knew about the attack in advance yet were not expecting so many vessels to attack in 2 places at once. their defense fell apart, and after a week of intense fighting the UGTO and ICC alliance reached Sirius, kluths last holdout, and took sag hothha.

some kluth were so aghast that what had repeatedly happened to ICC and UGTO had suddenly happened to them, that they quit the game. i honestly havent seen some of them since.

hopefully no one will quit, but, i think the situation is similar: if kluth wanted to they could probably push both of our factions back to our home systems, and in fact have demonstrated that this is possible. UGTO and ICC have been at eachothers necks, but to what end? who is winning that war? UGTO lose planets in cin and they cap them back, ICC loses some planets in luyten and we cap them back. it is a stalemate, and it is growing old.

and regardless, that stalemate is heaven for the kluth. playing from their vantage point, its obvious that our constant deep-space battles are easy pickings for them, and that our offensives are very often manipulated by choice targetting on their part.

so, if you want to continue being farmed, you are more than welcome to ignore this. but if you want to make some real gains, and see some real fighting, at least sit down and talk with me to see if what im proposing offers that possibility.

also, @ daed: you do not represent anyone. durpee dur.

DubStep Santa
Marshal

Posted: 2010-08-13 19:43   
it would be nice to take kluth down a peg or two. it really annoys me how they cloak hop and pick on weak targets there tactics are without honor and are downright shameful.

[ This Message was edited by: Thor's hammer on 2010-08-13 19:52 ]

NUTS

Email DubStep Santa
Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-08-13 19:57   
Quote:

On 2010-08-13 19:43, Thor's hammer wrote:
it would be nice to take kluth down a peg or two. it really annoys me how they cloak hop and pick on weak targets there tactics are without honor and are downright shameful.

[ This Message was edited by: Thor's hammer on 2010-08-13 19:52 ]

Face/palm

$yTHe {C?}
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2010-08-13 20:17   
This is a bad thread and you should feel bad.

Lark of Serenity
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2010-08-13 21:07   
+1 to pakhos

Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2010-08-14 00:57   
So, if I read it right (which I believe I did) then :-

You are angry or annoyed with the Human Stalemate.
    You are angry or annoyed with K'luth harnessing the stalemate.
    You want to organise a faction-wide alliance versus K'luth.
    You want to humiliate the K'luth by hurting their Home system, and satiate your grief.

Don't try to say you are not attempting griefing. You want a faction-wide alliance simply for 'teaching 'em a lesson' just because they are getting the benefit of not being forced to fight (cloak). It's their factional tactic to decide when to fight and when to fight back, and their specialty of hunting enemies when weak. So learn to live with it.
Think what would happen if ICC went wholly against K'luth. Then UGTO would, more or less, be feeding off the stalemate, with ICC getting fed upon more. Same is very much true if UGTO fought K'luth, ICC would get benefit of the stalemate.
It happens when a stalemate is achieved with a third party in the play.

In other words, I'm out of it, and I WILL shoot you if I want to and I can see you. Not to say I won't go after K'luth if I deem them better targets for myself, but that doesn't imply I'm helping you.
(This is what happens if you do a post in diplomacy...)

[ This Message was edited by: Dr. Michael Paradox on 2010-08-14 06:39 ]

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-08-14 08:06   

LOL. Nicely put Mike.

And there I tht Larky was seriously analyzing the Kluth's cloak. Then she brought the topic of the Krill into place.

Now this.

Srsly Lark, are you still pissed abt that cluster ambush?
Cos it seems that you have a personal vendetta resulting from that incident.

Lark of Serenity
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2010-08-14 08:45   
OR im roleplaying in a spaceship videogame? gawd get over yourselves. what would it even matter if a human alliance capped all of kluth space? we get to play in new maps we dont normally get to play in, try out new strategies and tactics, etc. and itd just be capped back later or the server reset. WHO CARES?

its like you people hate having fun and just want to do the same thing day in day out. its depressing.

maybe it has more to do with the fact that as kluth we wiped out most of ICC space and itd be nice to balance that experience out? or that itd be fun to play in systems OTHER than luyten/eps eri/cin every damn day?

its a game kiddies. seriously, stop reading into things like its some epic vendetta.
[ This Message was edited by: N'kra The Wolf on 2010-08-14 08:49 ]

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.024248 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR