No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +2.9 Days

Search

Anniversaries

19th - Server

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » [Suggestion] Core Weapon Falloff
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
 Author [Suggestion] Core Weapon Falloff
Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-08-12 15:39   
Quote:

On 2010-08-12 12:45, SpaceAdmiral wrote:
you say the carrier dread has a core weapon, thats because its basically a BD which gave up HALF of its cannons/cores for 2 fighters, 2 missles, and 2 EW.

I dont care how many slot it has. The point is If there is something needs to be changed , so it will be done. Your V.admirals can get carrier dreads while kluth doesnt have dreads for that rank. This is a dread¿?. Still much stronger than a cruiser. More hit points , better equipment.

Quote:

You can tell how effective a carrier is when you see all new admirals instantly ditch it.
Also, i believe the ganglia can equip psms.

Before you make a statement , you should check it by yourself. No , There is no such a technology on kluth.Period.

Quote:

So you "made your point krill is good at "long" rang"
so now we "nerf" both kluth and ugto cores?
or do the sensible thing such as tweak that problem ship?

Sorry, what is the question again?

Gejaheline
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-08-13 04:10   
Quote:

On 2010-08-12 12:40, Lithium wrote:
To Gejaheline.
Krill is not a superdread.
And EAD and AD have no weakness on rear armor. Actually only Siphon has rear armor weakness.

Battle Dread ranged weapons loadout
Fore: 2 QSTs, 2 missiles, 4 fighters, 3 heavy cannons, 5 cannons
Left Right: 2 QSTs, 1 missile, 4 fighters, 3 heavy cannons, 5 cannons

Krill ranged weapons loadout
Fore: 6 SIs, 2 cannons
Left Right: 3 SIs, 1 cannon

Battle Dread is still good compared to Krill I think.

According to the devnotes I have here, the Krill uses a superdread hull, alongside the Siphon, AD, EAD, and the command dreadnaughts. If you happen to have some hard evidence that my spreadsheets are wrong, please do enlighten me.

The assault dreadnaughts have traditionally had reinforced frontal armour and weapons at the cost of side and rear defence, and if that's not the case right now then, again according to my spreadsheets, they are going to have an armour imbalance again once they get redone.

And, finally: You missed out the beam weapons in that battledread-versus-krill fight, which the krill would definitely be wanting to employ since it has a lot more of them than the BD. Plus of course there's the cloak to let you sneak up behind them.

Marius Falix
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-08-13 08:06   
Quote:

On 2010-08-12 15:39, Pakhos wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-08-12 12:45, SpaceAdmiral wrote:
you say the carrier dread has a core weapon, thats because its basically a BD which gave up HALF of its cannons/cores for 2 fighters, 2 missles, and 2 EW.

I dont care how many slot it has. The point is If there is something needs to be changed , so it will be done. Your V.admirals can get carrier dreads while kluth doesnt have dreads for that rank. This is a dread¿?. Still much stronger than a cruiser. More hit points , better equipment.

point is invalid, luth get station capability sooner than any other faction (badges)
FA i believe with little to no badge requirements while for ICC you require gold for everything except privateer (i think)

Edit: this is compared to hive and supp station btw
[ This Message was edited by: Marius Falix on 2010-08-13 08:34 ]

We are the Falix Brothers...

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-08-13 09:54   
Geja u really need to get off the cloak's case already. You cannot factor in cloak when we're talking about weapons.

Kluth already takes an armor/hull hit in return for the cloak. Sure, a cloak makes u sneaky. But we're not talking about a 10 secs advantage here. Sometimes a UGTO dread can actually fire at a decloaking kluth dread first, due to the time it takes to transition to full sig.

Marius Falix
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-08-13 10:13   
which is directly affected by the amount of ECCM running. however you can still choose ur battles.

but this isnt the place for cloak talks...

We are the Falix Brothers...

Gejaheline
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-08-13 12:04   
Quote:

On 2010-08-13 09:54, Kenny_Naboo wrote:
Geja u really need to get off the cloak's case already. You cannot factor in cloak when we're talking about weapons.

Really? Let's remove the cloak from K'luth ships, then. Or add cloaking devices to, say, the EAD and AD. It won't affect how things are balanced at all, right?

On the contrary, you must factor in all variables when talking about ship designs. The cloaking device has a huge impact on how a ship will perform in battle, and allows a ship that would otherwise be at a disadvantage to only engage when the time is right, which is typically right behind an enemy. It doesn't matter how many guns an EAD has if none of them point backwards, and it doesn't matter how many missiles a missile dread has if they never reach the target.

You can't just assume that two ships will sit in front of each other at zero range hammering each other to death in order to determine which one is better. Because then I'd totally go for a superdread that replaced everything, including engines and such, with nothing but 175 forward-arc chemical lasers, which equals the cost of a Krill or Siphon.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Page created in 0.012595 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR