Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +3.7 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Tellaris
17th - Oskar von Reuenthal

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Tactics & New Players » » Bombs, Beacons, and... Bacon?
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Bombs, Beacons, and... Bacon?
Anacker
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-08-09 11:50   
So I've went through the various methods of bombing. Fighter stacking, cloud bombing, cloak bombing...and everything sucks, except for going Kluth and using cloak; Was bombing intentionally phased out? When I first started playing Darkspace, bombing was the quickest method to gain Prestige, it also served to spark huge wars.

I came back 2ish weeks ago, with 24,000 Prestige +/-. I'm now sitting a little over 60,000 from nothing but combat. I have no reason to bomb, or build, or supply, because they're all mediocre Prestige gains. I end up playing other games untill the MV is medium, then hope that there is some combat going on.

Is there some trick to bombing that I'm unaware of? Please enlighten me. :[

Forget the Beacon part, read up a little. Not even worth wasting my time on a Cloak/Eccm/Beacon topic.

I'm eating Bacon. >_o

Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2010-08-09 11:58   
What will happen if no one opposes you, but every planet is your enemy. Surely you can't damage planets with your trusty cannon.
The whole point is to learn and use them to annoy enemies. Nothing better than roasting bacon and cheese on your oppenents hotheaded head.

Anacker
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-08-09 12:04   
I have no idea what your talking about. *_*;

Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2010-08-09 12:08   
Beaconing, bombing, building, supply, and electronic warfare are all support roles, hence the implementation of groups. Having just one experienced player in either one of those roles can dramatically increase the efficiency of a fleet in combat.

Email Sens [R33]
MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2010-08-09 12:12   
Bombing is broken, it's been broken for quite some time. Only ECM bombing really works.

I don't mean prestige gain is broken, I mean actually being able to do damage with bomb clouds. Prestige was necessarily lowered because it was completely OP.

I don't think anything is being done to fix bombing because a whole new planet system is in the works.

Anacker
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-08-09 12:15   
Quote:

On 2010-08-09 12:12, MrSparkle wrote:
Bombing is broken, it's been broken for quite some time. Only ECM bombing really works.

I don't mean prestige gain is broken, I mean actually being able to do damage with bomb clouds. Prestige was necessarily lowered because it was completely OP.

I don't think anything is being done to fix bombing because a whole new planet system is in the works.

^This. Thanks. Although, I'm not sure I would call the rate you gain Prestige through bombing overpowered, considering I'm ranking up far faster this patch, through combat, than I ever did through any means before.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-08-09 12:17   
Most likely will be lowering prestige gained from combat again by a small amount.

Leonide
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-08-09 12:21   
Quote:

On 2010-08-09 12:17, BackSlash wrote:
Most likely will be lowering prestige gained from combat again by a small amount.

although it was welcome, combat prestige gain was insanely high.

captain of the ICC Assault Cruiser C.S.S. Sledgehammer

Email Leonide
Jim Starluck
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-08-09 12:23   
Also, note that for a long time, bombing was extremely broken in the opposite direction--incredibly easy and prestige-earning. It got hit pretty hard by the nerf bat.

Email Jim Starluck
Necrotic
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-08-09 12:31   
prestige gain is high but there really isnt a death penalty either. If u jump a station in to a enemy fleet u can probably do enough dmaage and kamakazi damage on ur death to get positive prestige from throwing away a station. Pres loss should be increased to the point where it used to be. When we had to work t get the ships and ranks some of us worked years for. With the pretige gain so high and the death penalty useless. You watch in 6 months practicly everyone in the game will be cheif marshal. Its alot easier and better for the game if the pace was slowed down alot.

No matter how hard they have tried. They havnt figured out how to nerf skill yet :P

Anacker
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-08-09 12:31   
It's a very awkward cycle, from a professionalism standpoint.

Let's say that bombing was the end-all for Prestige gain for a few months, then it gets "fixed" all that does is hurt new players who have a harder time catching up. Now combat is the end-all, and it's going to get changed as well?

I'd like to see the formulas behind all the Prestige gains. For a time->Prestige conversion I would imagine everything should be pretty much the same.

If doing 1000 damage to a ship gives you 100 Prestige, and your ship does 100 damage per minute that means combat is rougly 600 Prestige per hour.

Then likewise shouldn't repairing be balanced out so that regardless of how quickly you repair a ship, that over the course of an hour, constantly repairing, you gain rougly 600 Prestige as well?

I see so few combat Supply Ships these days, it's just faster for new players to grab a Frigate and shoot stuff.

/endrandomthoughts

mandalore river
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2010-08-09 13:31   
seeing the word bacon makes me want to say this. WHY WAS THERE BACON IN THE SOAP!!!!! I MADE IT MY SELF!!

Email mandalore river
Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-08-09 15:15   
Quote:

On 2010-08-09 12:31, Necrotic wrote:
prestige gain is high but there really isnt a death penalty either. If u jump a station in to a enemy fleet u can probably do enough dmaage and kamakazi damage on ur death to get positive prestige from throwing away a station. Pres loss should be increased to the point where it used to be. When we had to work t get the ships and ranks some of us worked years for. With the pretige gain so high and the death penalty useless. You watch in 6 months practicly everyone in the game will be cheif marshal. Its alot easier and better for the game if the pace was slowed down alot.

I completely agree with this, it's completely ridiculous to watch people STILL throw away Stations, and even DNs by "suicide jumping" an enemy fleet and laughing about how they still gained prestige even though they died in less than 20 seconds. At least the resource system stopped them from repeatedly scrapping the destroyed one and spawning a fresh one.

Katejina
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-08-09 17:21   
Quote:

On 2010-08-09 11:50, Anacker wrote:
So I've went through the various methods of bombing. Fighter stacking, cloud bombing, cloak bombing...and everything sucks, except for going Kluth and using cloak; Was bombing intentionally phased out? When I first started playing Darkspace, bombing was the quickest method to gain Prestige, it also served to spark huge wars.

I came back 2ish weeks ago, with 24,000 Prestige +/-. I'm now sitting a little over 60,000 from nothing but combat. I have no reason to bomb, or build, or supply, because they're all mediocre Prestige gains. I end up playing other games untill the MV is medium, then hope that there is some combat going on.

Forget the Beacon part, read up a little. Not even worth wasting my time on a Cloak/Eccm/Beacon topic.

I'm eating Bacon. >_o

Yes now that you have to bomb every building and it takes 10,000 bombs to kill a planet no one cares or wastes the time.. its all about trannie rushing now

Marius Falix
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-08-09 17:32   
Quote:

On 2010-08-09 17:21, Katejina wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-08-09 11:50, Anacker wrote:

I'm eating Bacon. >_o

Yes now that you have to bomb every building and it takes 10,000 bombs to kill a planet no one cares or wastes the time.. its all about trannie rushing now

or station spam

We are the Falix Brothers...

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.026004 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR