No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +2.9 Days

Search

Anniversaries

19th - Server

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Electro Magnetic Pulse, and other fun stuff
 Author Electro Magnetic Pulse, and other fun stuff
MaGoo
Fleet Admiral
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2010-08-03 04:24   
Here to adrese something that i believe is really being looked at: EMP and the Flux wepons.
What does the EMP cannon do? it does heavy system damage when it strikes hull.

What do the Flux wepons do? they do heavy system damage when they hit hull.

At least, thats what their Supposed to do.
The UGTO factional ability:EMP systems damage, is heavily nurfed, The Flux beam and wave both just suck power while delivering a pretty light show to the veiwers. EMP also, i used to have an EMP dread for going after hulled ships, but now it makes you useless.
Id simply like EMP and Flux (especialy the Wave) to do what their supposed to do, kill a ship on the inside.

Other pop up ideas: like em or dont like em, everything began with an idea.

Make Fleets more pronounced.
A player and planet tag is great but why not more? say, make factions matter less, and fleets matter more, recently i heard someone say that no large fleet battles ever happen, i dont think thats true, but we can certainly make them More numerous. Make fleets the ones that matter? make Home server a ceasfire area, Fleets can join, or fleets can go to war, not depending on faction. lol luth vs luth thatd be cool. make FF penalty only aply to yer fleet.
New players get assighned to a newb fleet that goes with normal factional rules.

I think it would make DS much more fun and fast-paced

Cory_O
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-08-03 04:34   
I agree, I think that the flux weapons should do what they are supposed to do instead of simply providing an excellent way to run out of energy really really fast. Emp is only marginally better at killing shields than particle cannons are and are far less effective at messing up armor and hull. emp should probably also do what it is supposed to do and that is deliver some systems damage. i generally sync everything up with anumber button except the flux cannons when i have them so i dont just waste energy because they are useless... Everyone qq's about having cloak nerfed or shields nerfed or anything like that. Well where is ugto's ability to reduce sybsystems to smoldering heap? Its non existant.
I am the monster in your head. I am the phantom under your bed. I am the broken string when youre hanging by a thread. I am the darkness when the light fades away. When the buds of hope begin to sprout I am the harvester.

Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2010-08-03 06:34   
I agree to EMP and flux weapons becoming stronger against ship systems. I remember the flux cannon was given a damage buff, but not an anti-systems buff. Hope something is done for it in near future.

As for fleet wars, no one knows if it even comes in DS at all. Devs have their final words reserved =S
[ This Message was edited by: Dr. Michael Paradox on 2010-08-03 09:55 ]

Vice Admiral Onassi
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2010-08-03 06:35   
Yes! ive been waiting for someone to say that for awhile.. It seems that fleets are kind of a social club with MOAR SPACESHIPZ! in this game. Id like to see the fleets really mean something, And who wouldnt want to create more of that clannish fleet atmosphere!

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-08-03 07:01   
Already looking into fixing the Flux Wave and tweaking EMP. Watch this space.

Glaive
Commander

Posted: 2010-08-03 08:44   
Wait, Factional diplomacy? What is this?

Sopwith Camel
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-08-03 09:45   
Quote:

On 2010-08-03 04:34, Cory_O wrote:
i generally sync everything up with anumber button except the flux cannons when i have them so i dont just waste energy because they are useless...

They do give you extra PD beams.

Fleet Commander, Galactic Navy

Marius Falix
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-08-03 10:12   
Played Ugto and i was rather disapointed with this.

however they will be absaloute killing machines in this. may lure you guys into ur dreads and such more tho?

lets hope so.

cant help but picture a damaged ICC dread trailing smoke while limping away from a UGTO BD, unable to jump due to JD systems damage...
then getting obliterated as the rest of the fleet pulls into luyten from Cinci...

oh this will be fun

We are the Falix Brothers...

Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2010-08-03 10:21   
FLux beams do hull damage as well.

Email Sens [R33]
Rebellion
Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2010-08-03 10:35   
Quote:

On 2010-08-03 04:34, Cory_O wrote:
I agree, I think that the flux weapons should do what they are supposed to do instead of simply providing an excellent way to run out of energy really really fast. Emp is only marginally better at killing shields than particle cannons are and are far less effective at messing up armor and hull. emp should probably also do what it is supposed to do and that is deliver some systems damage. i generally sync everything up with anumber button except the flux cannons when i have them so i dont just waste energy because they are useless... Everyone qq's about having cloak nerfed or shields nerfed or anything like that. Well where is ugto's ability to reduce sybsystems to smoldering heap? Its non existant.

Sorry to tell you but if i have a hole in my hull EMP canons make my ship useless by killing all my weps it is quite effective if you ask me.

\"War does not decide who is right, but who is left\"
\"I stopped fighting my inner demons we're on the same side now\"

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-08-03 10:41   
Quote:

On 2010-08-03 08:44, Bardiche wrote:
Wait, Factional diplomacy? What is this?

Bit of rubbish a member of the community is spreading me thinks. Nothing in the works remotely related to factional diplomacy.

Page created in 0.024944 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR