No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +3.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

19th - Server

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Darkspace: Red October
 Author Darkspace: Red October
Red October
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-08-02 19:27   
Darkspace: Red October

----------------------------------------------

117th Fleet of the Intergalactic Cultural Confederation United
Luyten System, Luyten Mist
August 10th, 2274
0100 Hours

A young adult, 25 years of age, stands before a brightly lit heads up display that shows information of the surrounding celestial bodies in the Luyten system with the locations of all intergalactic cultural confederation ships. Behind his black rimmed glasses, his hazels flickered back and forth, taking in the assessment of his fleet. The young man shows concern not about the fact that there been a recent incursion from the UGTO, but about fact that the K’luth had lured few ships in his fleet away from their designated squads and killed them before the incursion.

Swiftly raising his right hand, he taps his forefingers on a still image video and scales it up. When the H.U.D. displays the still image video, he then spreads it taps is fingers again to spread the video to all ships within his fleet. On the image showed a K’luth Dreadnought from one of the hundreds geostationary sensor satellites within the Luyten system. After finishing preparations for the announcement, he leans over and picks up the 117th Fleet Intercom.

He calmly begins to announce himself, “This is Fleet Admiral Alanstar of the C.S.S. Red October, and I have an announcement to all ships within my fleet.” He then presses the play button while still talking on the intercom.

The image shows the K’luth Dreadnought slowly moving past the G.S.S., heading towards one of his squads. G.S.S. then pans out rapidly and switches over to infrared cameras instantly revealing five other dreadnoughts surrounding the uncloaked K’luth dreadnought. G.E.S. while tracking speed and trajectory of the K’luth Dreadnought, it notices a signature sent out from the K’luth Dreadnought that was leading the pack just one of the scouts breaks off to go tag it with a beacon. Chaos then ensues as the other five dreadnoughts uncloak and massacre the scouts.

He then pause the video and speaks into the intercom. “As you can see, we intercepted a signature before the K’luth massacred one of our squads. Normal this happens to let all other K’luth in the vicinity know they are attacking, but this was set on a different broadband signal. This is a dedicated UGTO communication array signal, used during the first time UGTO began an offense against us. If my theory is correct, the K’luth and UGTO have formed alliance against ICC. If this is so, then there must be some type of bargaining going on between the two. Normally UGTO is at constant warfare with the K’luth, but it seems this might be another story all together. “

Taking a deep breath, he then sighs. “To cut to the chase, we might experience lost of men and certain defeat in some systems, but I want to be frank with you. I don’t want any of you to lose your lives, but if it came down to it, I hope you are willing to put them on the line for our children. UGTO has in the past used Bio Bombs on ours civilians, killing yet millions and K’luth kill whole populations so they could colonize the worlds. I too have family members in the Luyten System. We shall not do it for ICC, but for our family and friends. This system is the key to our victory or defeat against the UGTO and K’luth. We shall defend this system at all cost.”

As soon as he was done with his speech, a loud and sudden thud, followed by a muffled sound of air rushing passed the gaping hole in the hull could be heard. Bringing down the Video on the H.U.D. display, he barks orders to sound the battle alarm as the ships lurches slowly on its side from the sudden impact from whatever hit them. While signaling the crew to get his ship turned around, he has the H.U.D. analyze the residue from the impact. A match quickly displays across the screen, UGTO Battle Elite Dreadnought.

He then picks up his squad’s intercom as Red October faces opposing five UGTO dreadnoughts. “This Fleet Admiral Alanstar from the 117th fleet, we have come under heavy fire from UGTO and requesting backup form the 122th fleet located in the Mycopia vector.” After his slamming his intercom down on its hitch, he braces for another impact.

Red October tilts forward as five plums of flames shots out from its stern and quickly disolves into the vacuum. Servicemen and cargo gets sucked out into space from the gaping holes in the hull of his ship.

“How the hell are they hitting us through the shields?” He demands from his crew.

A small, slender female with bright blue eyes turns her chair and faces Alanstar. “Before each impact, I am detecting a small energy signature of wormholes. I suspect there might by a hidden K’luth Station nearby helping the UGTO bypass our shields. They are not hitting our shields, but firing between the shields and our hull!”

Growling lowly, Alanstar stands up as the ship once again lurches to the side. “Do full spectrums sweep of the area; I want that K’luth station destroyed! And someone please give me the status of the damage on Red October?”

The two of the crew members then bark, “AYE AYE SIR!”

[ This Message was edited by: Alanstar on 2010-08-02 20:02 ]

Email Red October
Lark of Serenity
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2010-08-02 20:58   
Alan - like your modelling you start out with a good idea but the execution needs work! I used be an English major so if you want help with editing or some such let me know =)

$yTHe {C?}
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2010-08-02 21:25   

Rebellion
Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2010-08-03 00:19   
.........lol?

[ This Message was edited by: Grand Admiral CRAZY45 *XO* on 2010-08-03 00:19 ]

\"War does not decide who is right, but who is left\"
\"I stopped fighting my inner demons we're on the same side now\"

Page created in 0.008701 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR