Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.6 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Tellaris
17th - Oskar von Reuenthal

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » thoughts on current game version
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author thoughts on current game version
NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-14 03:56   
Quote:

On 2010-07-13 19:19, Shigernafy wrote:

3. The transfer gates in the faction home servers are currently unaffiliated, but the logical extension of this move is to give them a factional owner so that you can't just stroll into a foreign home system without either establishing a beachhead or coming from a connection cluster (ie, Sagittarius).

This is, however, not currently implemented. Once I get approval from Faustus for the new Sag layout and design, I'll see about tweaking the home systems in this way. That way every faction will have a dedicated fall-back spawn point, but only in contested space.

can the gate affiliatin be changed dynamicaly ? so if a faction conquer the system, the gate become a valid spawnpoint for that facton ?

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-07-14 04:30   
Quote:

On 2010-07-13 23:56, Shigernafy wrote:
Teros are the space hippies.

LOLWUT?!

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-14 04:34   
I approve the idea of making it harder to get together and fight. This should rescue the game tremendously.

Oh, wait......

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-14 11:54   
Quote:

On 2010-07-14 03:56, NoBoDx wrote:
can the gate affiliatin be changed dynamicaly ? so if a faction conquer the system, the gate become a valid spawnpoint for that facton ?

The idea is that the gates connected to home systems are owned by that faction. Being able to spawn there is like assuming a player logged into their home server, spawned, flew to that gate and came through to Sag the long way. This is just a shortcut.

Having it change ownership would be bad because it defeats one of the purposes of this, which is making sure a faction always has at least 1 place to spawn any ship.

It also makes no sense that an enemy faction could spawn at a gate that's not actually supposed to be a spawn point, but is merely a connection to their enemy's home server (same is true for gates like RR and Procyon). Assuming like I said above, that these gates act like someone took the time to spawn in their home server and travel the long way to Sag, why would an enemy be able to do the same? They have no place to spawn in that server.

Maybe, just maybe, gate affiliation can change if an entire home server is capped.

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-14 12:37   
There's no current code for dynamically assigning jumpgate ownership based on any particular conditions.

and @Azreal, this isn't TF2. We're not trying to create an FPS in space, we're trying to create a game with some depth and strategic elements which happens to have a large role for space combat. Yes, there are some prerequisites to jump endlessly spawning ships, but the goal is to make it deep enough to be enjoyable to a broad audience while simple enough to manage for all. This isn't new.. if anything, DarkSpace has been growing progressively simpler over the years and becoming more combat focused, so this is just a slight swing of the pendulum the other way.

Email Shigernafy
DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-14 17:02   
Quote:
On 2010-07-14 12:37, Shigernafy wrote:
This isn't new.. if anything, DarkSpace has been growing progressively simpler over the years and becoming more combat focused, so this is just a slight swing of the pendulum the other way.

How about buff bombing pres, transport pres, supply res and building res a bit?
I cleaned a 32 strucs planet with brood, and all I got was about 10 bombing pres. Then cap it and got 0.2 transport pres. Took 1 hour.
I built an AI planet to off II and bomb II... 10~15 pres... Took 30 mins.
I rep a 5% station to full, 20~25 pres, 15 mins.
I attack a station, 5 mins, 500 pres.
Should I (and others) not focus on combating?
I was lucky to get platinum bombing badge due to capturing a whole system while nobody on for some days.
I was lucky to get platinum support badge when play in UGTO and rep those stations spam. KLuth players don't have many chance to rep others.
I was lucky to get platinum engineerring badge because not all Kluth players have 8 upgrade build drones on advanced drone.
I'm not the only one hungry for pres. I want to get all badges, thus I'm involted in all aspects of the game. Some players don't. They just need the rank to get big combat ship. Why? Cause nobody has time to do all actions. Oh, if you only has less than 1 hour to player DS a day or even week. What will you do to get almost the ships? DS has become dreadspace just because they gain pres so fast from combat, while took ages to gain other pres types.

Slow down everything? Sign, youth and desire last shortly...

Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-07-14 22:13   
Quote:
On 2010-07-14 17:02, Diep Luc wrote:
I was lucky to get platinum engineerring badge because not all Kluth players have 8 upgrade build drones on advanced drone.

LOLWUT?

Great Budda
Fleet Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-07-15 05:21   
I'm more of a supporting role type player and have more experience in a suppy/tranny/dictor/engi/extractor than actual combat. I wish there were more opportunities for players like me to gain pres without having to rely on combat. For instance I think we should get pres for running interdictor for a fleet... or resourcing a engi to build needed plats.... or ferrying troops from point a to point b (non capture scenario).

Fatal Command (CO)
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

From: over here in New York noticing some ppl are like canoes.....they need to be paddled.
Posted: 2010-07-15 10:29   
diep...you got all those badges faction hopping.if you stayed in 1 faction and actually EARNED em then I'd said grats..otherwise...dont count on my support at ANY time in game.

Email Fatal Command (CO)
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-15 10:54   
Quote:

On 2010-07-14 17:02, Diep Luc wrote:

Um. You would have gotten that pres faster using a regular drone. U get pres for time building, not structure built, so u actually shorted yourself by at least 48%, and twice that if using two builds per structure.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.017602 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR