Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Tellaris
17th - Oskar von Reuenthal

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » thoughts on current game version
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author thoughts on current game version
Fatal Command (CO)
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

From: over here in New York noticing some ppl are like canoes.....they need to be paddled.
Posted: 2010-07-13 04:16   
1. what is the frigging point of building SY planets when you can spawn at the gate? Either make gates faction specific or do away with spawing at them.Gate spawning is more beneficial to the enemy than it is to the faction that owns the gate.

2 .having to gate spawn is MOST beneificial to kluth because they can do as they have been,sit at gate cloaked til some poor sucker spawns cause planet doesnt have res or SY blockaded or planet capped and get killed by said campers because you cant see them prior to said spawn.Dont give me the jump out crap either,half the time JD is recharging and you have no idea what it at because you cant see you ships status til you actually spawn (except for curent amt of hull damage).

3.If my dumb ass logs out 500,000 gus from a Sy then I should spawn 500,000 gus from the SY.

4.get rid of enhancements or limit certain types to certain factions as you did for ship class.Kluth should not get extra armor from an enhancement that works for ICC/UGTO as thier ships are ORGANIC.However that said,ICC/ UGTO should not get the energy recharge ones but kluth should as 90+ % of ship comonents are energy based,UGTO only needs E for weps,ICC for weps and shields,But ICC has a system in place for faster recharge (defense mode) of shields.

5.either make torps actually do more damage or allow us (all 3 fasctions) to replace em with weps that do.sucks to hit a target in ICC AC with 7 torps and do so little damage that the piercer repairs as fast if not faster than you can damage em.

6.go back to 32 inf per planet or up it to 40 max per planet.Would make bombing a required component of planet capping and eliminate tranny rushing altogether til AFTER said infantry was destroyed.

7.how can 4 different ppl be bombing (all using ecm frig to cover said bombs) and not 1 hit when there is no shield and 1 eccm base on planet and a frig's sig at 350 gus away is at a - 18 .if the frig is =18 the bombs should be way under as its moving due to inertia and not under its own power.Now its been blamed on desynch yet when 1 of those players changes to a fighter bomber type ship (SCB in this case) he bombs just fine.HOW/WHY please explain.

8.ok..last one.

There used to be a Beta Tester badge way back when.Why not bring it back,attach it to certain type enhancements/ships.would have more ppl going to beta more often and actually trying things out and would prevent a LOT of the confusion/issues this last patch suffered from.

as more and more things are getting improved,Im enjoying the game less and less.I realize the need and desire to improve the game,but fixing what we have til it works as intended would be a better way to keep players than slapping in a patch that only 35% of the players think is fine.When I first started playing Ds,the main issue was lag..OMG...ask any vet,,we play in a lag free zone now (YAY!!) but the ships weps/modding options and battles were epic and FUN to the extreme.now its log in..system all capped...log out or log in...no metals for spawning ships and some fleet/faction camping the sapwn gate..log out..or crap..shot em with everything i have repeatedly and I cant kill/damage em in an equal class ship..log out.almost everything ends in log out rather than respawn and go again.

ok...it your turn.

Email Fatal Command (CO)
Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-13 05:36   
1&2. Make gates faction locked (like in scen) so the enemy wouldn't be able to see them in F2 map, So what? They will have to find it the old fashioned way if they want to head into said server.

3. no, the old system worked it did stop spamming and did slow down response time to invasions. Wasn't much of an issue with the old MV map.

4. I agree on. Enh do need to go, or at least some of them.

Wep plexers are one of them. These things can make a ship do 3-5x more damage then it was originally made to do. As such it upsets the balance of the game. Stock ships to Stock ships everything is, for the most part, fine. As soon as you put something in there that adds more def or more off power, you start running into big time issues. You get krills that can pop a station from 800gu with all wep plexers, in 7 hits (stock station ICC) or less (UGTO). Or EAD's and AD's that can annihilate a station or fellow dread in 30 seconds flat.

On the flip side, Def enhs. You get can a Kluth station to take more damage (and with unmodded weps) then a ICC station, AND deal out gobs of it back. Better yet, a UGTO station that can sit there and laugh at a missile spam, with all def enh (HP) and ablative armor, missiles are pointless. Even my own SCB that I dearly love, can take a tonn of damage before it runs out of shields and energy (all adv def power + def mode (for a short time) can regen shields over 1% (total on the target screen) a second). Or my Line Station, can hull any Kluth ship in one volly, if an ICC station can do that, think of the power of a BS or Nest doing that. Thats right, an ICC station, ICC! A faction NOT known for its offensive power can do that. And people are wondering why noobs don't sick around, or people are always in scen. Those who don't or can't get enh will be sorely overwhelmed by those who do.

Overall DEF enh and WEP enh are the ones that really tip the scales in combat. Speed enh are fine, you can go faster, so what, you get a little more energy regen then I do. Its not like your going to annihilate me in 30 seconds.

So if ENH are out of the question then what is DS going to use to get more people to sub? The games gotta have some sort of income to keep the servers running.

Why not bring back the old free mod system? Something everyone loved, but bring it back with a twist. You can mod your ships like you used to but with faction only weps (duh). However you can only mod 3 things if your unsubbed, if you sub you can mod away and level the weps as well (unsubbed you can't). For something even better for people who sub (maybe for the people who do it for 6 mos) you can have ONE ship you can design yourself. You can add whatever you like to it (within reason of hull/wight/points), but this would be a M or CM only ship (M for dessy down, CM for Cruiser up). It would be just like any other modding, only each slot isn't locked to the type it can have (core weps are excluded). So the torp MDs may come back who knows, but they wouldn't be as powerful as they were back then.

6. agreed

7. Something is up with ECM bombing again. For some reason the bombs get PDed by bases on the OTHER side of the planet just before they hit.

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

There is a thin line between knowing when to give up and when to try harder.

Email Starcommander
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-07-13 06:22   
Ships will be locked to whichever planet they were docked at, so spawning at gates shouldn't be as easy after that. Also looking at adding faction flags to the gates so only a particular faction can spawn from said gate.

We've also added a build queue, so people can select a ship they want, add it to the queue, then select another ship and continue playing. When the resources are available, the ship goes straight into their hanger, and they are told their ship is ready.

This should solve some of the issues people have with having to wait in the ship select screen hoping to be the first to get the ship before anyone else, as well as solving the issues with spawning from gates.

Fatal Perihelion
Chief Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2010-07-13 06:55   
Starcommand of ICC wrote:

"Why not bring back the old free mod system? Something everyone loved, but bring it back with a twist. You can mod your ships like you used to but with faction only weps (duh). However you can only mod 3 things if your unsubbed, if you sub you can mod away and level the weps as well (unsubbed you can't). For something even better for people who sub (maybe for the people who do it for 6 mos) you can have ONE ship you can design yourself. You can add whatever you like to it (within reason of hull/wight/points), but this would be a M or CM only ship (M for dessy down, CM for Cruiser up). It would be just like any other modding, only each slot isn't locked to the type it can have (core weps are excluded). So the torp MDs may come back who knows, but they wouldn't be as powerful as they were back then."

This is a good idea!
Maybe its possible to sell a custom-kid for skins too.
I am sure many would pay for their ship looking unique!
Espacilly if they could choose and apply the colours or even"Vinyls" themself.

Sry for off topic

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-13 07:01   
Quote:

On 2010-07-13 06:22, BackSlash wrote:
Ships will be locked to whichever planet they were docked at, so spawning at gates shouldn't be as easy after that.

The lock has been removed in beta.

Quote:
Also looking at adding faction flags to the gates so only a particular faction can spawn from said gate.

They're already in on the new Sag map I've made.. I'm just waiting for Faustus to approve a beta test of it.
(Though I might need to move the Transfer gates to make them more easily findable so players can use them, just not spawn from them)

[ This Message was edited by: Shigernafy on 2010-07-13 07:02 ]

Email Shigernafy
Kaoschan
Fleet Admiral
Interstellar Cultural Confederation United

Posted: 2010-07-13 07:28   
Quote:

On 2010-07-13 04:16, Fatal Command (CO) wrote:
7.how can 4 different ppl be bombing (all using ecm frig to cover said bombs) and not 1 hit when there is no shield and 1 eccm base on planet and a frig's sig at 350 gus away is at a - 18 .if the frig is =18 the bombs should be way under as its moving due to inertia and not under its own power.Now its been blamed on desynch yet when 1 of those players changes to a fighter bomber type ship (SCB in this case) he bombs just fine.HOW/WHY please explain.

It seems to me that Mirv/Neutron Bombs take a few seconds to get their own signature under 0

If your too close to enemy Defence Bases (not the planet bore, but to the base) the Base can still track the mirv beacuse the mirvs sig was above 0.0 for a sec. Just stay a bit further away from enemy def-bases. (350-400gu from the base, not the planet core)

K'luth Hunter - Recon ~Ping~ Scout - ECCM for the Team, to beat the K'luth!

Goto the website of Kaoschan
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-07-13 08:40   

I can only say this about the recent spate of changes.... and re-changes in directions.

While I'm glad that the Devs are listening to the playerbase, I also hope that you guys stick by your guns at some point. You have a vision of what DS is gonna be about..... as do everyone else. But you're the guys doing the work, so you can't always bend over backwards to please everybody.

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-13 10:56   
Quote:

On 2010-07-13 07:01, Shigernafy wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-07-13 06:22, BackSlash wrote:
Ships will be locked to whichever planet they were docked at, so spawning at gates shouldn't be as easy after that.

The lock has been removed in beta.

A wise decision, as we have more issues to deal with now (like blockades) than we did last time we had the lock. Plus with no lock and no way to spawn at gates in enemy systems, there's incentive to go and build a shipyard there.

Quote:
Quote:
Also looking at adding faction flags to the gates so only a particular faction can spawn from said gate.

They're already in on the new Sag map I've made.. I'm just waiting for Faustus to approve a beta test of it.
(Though I might need to move the Transfer gates to make them more easily findable so players can use them, just not spawn from them)

Another great idea, one I've wanted for a long time. But what about neutral gates like RR and Procyon? Not like Procyon gate matters, but RR matters for Luyten. They aren't faction gates, so in my opinion nobody should be able to spawn at them. Same goes for Ursa Minor gate.

And in reverse, how would this work for a faction assaulting a home system? Kluth can't spawn at Cassiopeia gate in BD, but what about spawning at the gate on the other side in the Cassiopeia server?

I would think those gates should get faction flags too, so you can't bypass any Sag systems when attacking a home system.

PhiliChez
Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-13 17:38   
i think there should be a way to gradualy earn credits so after some amount of time i could buy this enhancement... i dont really care how that is dealt with because i cant buy them except that u should be able to earn ehnhancements the way it has it right now. i have earned around 33 enhancements in MV by fighting MI and such and i dont want that wasted.

i still think that you should be able to spawn simple ships from gates so if i happened to wind up in sag that might be completely occupied by luth or icc, ill be able to start somehow.

and i wish MV could be similar to scen in which i can go from system to system i a fight sort of like what happens in scen but with the ability to win or lose ur home system and have it all start over. i had a much better idea of this in my head a moment ago...

i also wish that in scen, u could have ai trannies constantly taking res from planets and sending it to the sy planet or a planet the doesnt have enough res to spwn inf. and that ai engies auto build planets with a sophisticated mining infrastructure. i also wish that ships like my BD wernt so expensive, we need a way to start up the dread battles again. and mines need to yield far more then they do now because they game needs to go faster, not longer.

we need a much more complicated commend structure so that we can oder ships to attack, defend, mine, transfer res from 1 planet to the next, give priorities to fill up this planet with res, build up a planet for def, mining, depots, and anything else, along with the ability to scrap buildings or upgrade them because they cant get very far on the current system.

the main thing i always wanted was a better command system and easier way to get into my dread.

sry devs but u need to fix it. today is the first day i spontaniously logged off because i was bored.

Quote from Caboose on the Red vs Blue siries by Rooser Teeth.
Go to YouTube and watch all 100 humorus and only slightly appropriate episodes!

Email PhiliChez
Fatal Command (CO)
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

From: over here in New York noticing some ppl are like canoes.....they need to be paddled.
Posted: 2010-07-13 18:50   
get used to it then

Email Fatal Command (CO)
Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-13 19:19   
Quote:

On 2010-07-13 10:56, MrSparkle wrote:
what about neutral gates like RR and Procyon? Not like Procyon gate matters, but RR matters for Luyten. They aren't faction gates, so in my opinion nobody should be able to spawn at them. Same goes for Ursa Minor gate.

And in reverse, how would this work for a faction assaulting a home system? Kluth can't spawn at Cassiopeia gate in BD, but what about spawning at the gate on the other side in the Cassiopeia server? I would think those gates should get faction flags too, so you can't bypass any Sag systems when attacking a home system.

1. The RR gate has been moved out of luyten per the design of the new Sag map. It is now in one of the peripheral systems, and since Luyten is one of the cores, it doesn't have any transfer gates.

2. That said, all gates have a faction affiliation. The BD gate is ICC; the R33 gate is UGTO; the Eri gate is K'Luth. Kaus is MI, Tharnak is Teros, and Ekorat is pirate. So you can ONLY spawn from your home sytems' gate.

3. The transfer gates in the faction home servers are currently unaffiliated, but the logical extension of this move is to give them a factional owner so that you can't just stroll into a foreign home system without either establishing a beachhead or coming from a connection cluster (ie, Sagittarius).

This is, however, not currently implemented. Once I get approval from Faustus for the new Sag layout and design, I'll see about tweaking the home systems in this way. That way every faction will have a dedicated fall-back spawn point, but only in contested space.

Email Shigernafy
MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-13 21:06   
Quote:

On 2010-07-13 19:19, Shigernafy wrote:
2. That said, all gates have a faction affiliation. The BD gate is ICC; the R33 gate is UGTO; the Eri gate is K'Luth. Kaus is MI, Tharnak is Teros, and Ekorat is pirate. So you can ONLY spawn from your home sytems' gate.

Umm...what?

The rest sounds good.

Lunatiq
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-07-13 21:16   
Quote:

On 2010-07-13 04:16, Fatal Command (CO) wrote:

5.either make torps actually do more damage or allow us (all 3 fasctions) to replace em with weps that do. Sucks to hit a target in ICC AC with 7 torps and do so little damage that the piercer repairs as fast if not faster than you can damage em.

*** ICC AC used to rule. Now there is no point in flying it ***

6.go back to 32 inf per planet or up it to 40 max per planet.Would make bombing a required component of planet capping and eliminate tranny rushing altogether til AFTER said infantry was destroyed.

+2

And I agree with all of the gate faction affilitation recommendations. Faction specific enhancements is a great idea as well.

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-13 23:56   
Teros are the space hippies. There's nothing there at the moment but a faction id, but it does at least keep the gate reserved.

Email Shigernafy
-Shadowalker-™
Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-07-14 02:31   
ya know, theres a fourm on the xfire page DSNetwork thats just for these disscusions, since noone uses i dont keep it updated that much but theres a thread for each release( there should be). try that

Email -Shadowalker-™
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.023639 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR