Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Tellaris
17th - Oskar von Reuenthal

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » current beta (536)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author current beta (536)
MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-12 15:41   
I prefer Ent's idea to be honest, since logging out in space defeats the purpose anyway.

Plus as has been said, there's gates in every system where people can spawn, so who cares if you don't have a nearby shipyard.

Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-12 16:13   
If you log out in space, it takes res for spawning at a SY since you didn't "dock". This system was nice back in the big MV, and if the next 2 or 3 updates brings that unified map back this system will make more sense then it would now. Not to mention this is a "new" thing for noobs who, with out a doubt, are going to QQ about it.

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

There is a thin line between knowing when to give up and when to try harder.

Email Starcommander
Faustus
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2010-07-12 17:11   
FYI...

If you log out in the middle of space, it will dock your ship to the closest spawn point ...

-F

Goto the website of Faustus
MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-12 17:14   
Quote:

On 2010-07-12 17:11, Faustus wrote:
FYI...

If you log out in the middle of space, it will dock your ship to the closest spawn point ...

-F

Really bad. What happens if the planet is blockaded? You're just screwed? If your faction has 1 shipyard, and you're docked there, and it's blockaded, what do you do?

We didn't have to worry about blockades last time we had this.

Wild Cat
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-12 17:25   
Quote:

- Docked ships now cost zero resources to spawn, BUT they are now locked to their last docked location. Unless that location has been captured.

Will gates be effected by this change? Do we maintain the option to spawn ships, even those stored our garage?

If we can still spawn ships from the gates, even those docked at planets or under blockades or no longer under our control then I don't see that much of a problem.

Jar Jar Binks
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-12 17:54   
Quote:

On 2010-07-12 05:28, SPaRTaN Z (Star Fox) wrote:
Test it, and let us all know if its a prob

Well, since its nearly the exact same system as we used to have back in the days, theres really no need to test it to see that its gonna be a problem.

they removed it before for a reason after all.

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-12 19:08   
And now we get the return of having to rebuild a sy on a planet, because the enemy capped it while you were gone, and it's been recapped, but now there is no sy. Thus making you have to rebuild the freaking planet to a sy planet all over again to get your locked ship(s) out. Oh so fun to spend a half hour of the hour of spare time you had to play doing this.

That was one main reason we would "log" ships. Now those are returned to a nearby sy, meaning you will never be safe from having ships locked in non sy planets.

AWESOME! Thank you, thank you thank you!

It's funny how we get roll back's and returns from days of yore, and it's usually the crap we hated, and seldom the things we have begged for.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-12 19:36   
Quote:

On 2010-07-12 19:08, Azreal wrote:

It's funny how we get roll back's and returns from days of yore, and it's usually the crap we hated, and seldom the things we have begged for.

Lol I know! It's only the stuff from way back when that we didn't like that we are getting again.

To be fair though, easily hopping around the galaxy by using shipyards is a bit ridiculous, but most of that is because we can enter a shipyard and spawn at a gate. We don't even need a shipyard in an enemy system to spawn there, and we can bypass all the gates that connect systems to each other so we don't have to travel long distance.

That's the problem, spawning at gates. Not spawning at shipyards.

Coeus
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2010-07-12 19:44   
While I loved being able to deep-space log, it really did make the system pointless if you had an extra 10 minutes to spare.

I'm not entirely sure how this will hurt or help the combat in the MV - but it should certainly be interesting - and a hell of a lot better than "Spam what you've got from anywhere."

Gatespawning going byebye with this?

ICC Security Council Chief Enforcer

Email Coeus   Goto the website of Coeus
Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-13 03:28   
Quote:

On 2010-07-12 17:11, Faustus wrote:
FYI...

-F

Thank god. I hated how the entire system was undermined last time because people would just log all their ships and be able to spawn them anywhere. A million tanks.

-Ent

Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-13 04:07   
If thats the case then log out close to a gate. Its a spawnable location so it will log it to the gate. Unless gates are also considered locked locations.

This system was nice with the big MV and accurate WH's that could cross systems. As it stands now, WH are inaccurate and only a fraction of what they used to be in range. A station WH (WHII) could get you from Ooi in BD to Sentry Levi in Cinci, a good long distance and great for "stealth" attacks by "skipping" a system and attacking from the back. A Worm Hole Cruiser used a WHI device, and would allow you to go from Ooi in BD to Mycopia in Luyten. I forget what the CC could use (WHI or WHII). (using those references for people who didn't know the old ranges, since BD and Luyten were not next to each other back then and luyten was the size of the entire Sag server now).

Get rid of gate spawning altogether and give us those WH's back, at least if you were an enemy (and paying attention) you could see it coming.

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

There is a thin line between knowing when to give up and when to try harder.

Email Starcommander
Lonectzn
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-13 05:31   
Here's an idea, that brings together a few things that the devs have been striving to achieve:

Let's say, while you are locked to using the shipyard you docked at, you can also always use any shipyard in a system under your faction's control (not blockaded ones, of course).

This way, we simultaneously create an incentive to compete for system control, avoid the issues of having your ships perma-locked, and institute an effective defender advantage. Then, even marginal outlying planets may end up being strategically important in large system contesting, as both sides fight to gain the shipyard advantage. Having planets may actually matter, in a small but significant way.

In a fight where all your ships are locked at a front-line planet that doesn't have a shipyard or is blockaded, you can still spawn and get back in the fight, but have to spawn in a system you control. For attackers, this means spending time working your way back to the front line. It also prevents people from docking in an enemy-controlled area, spawning at another depot planet in your home system, then coming straight back (or doing ultra-quick tranny runs).
[ This Message was edited by: Lonectzn on 2010-07-13 05:32 ]

Jar Jar Binks
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-13 06:45   
Quote:

On 2010-07-13 04:07, Starcommand of ICC *XO* wrote:
If thats the case then log out close to a gate. Its a spawnable location so it will log it to the gate. Unless gates are also considered locked locations.

betting my right arm that you cant pick a gate to spawn from after this patch has gone live.

sometimes i fail to see how they think when they "balance" this game. they puke all over our ideas and then they turn around and come up with stuff thats 10 times worse.

they act like this game has a healthy number of players and try to balance it thereafter when its far from the case.

this change might have worked if there were a constant 100+ players per side online in MV. but not when theres 30 - 50 online in total on different servers and half is afk'ing...

Kaoschan
Fleet Admiral
Interstellar Cultural Confederation United

Posted: 2010-07-13 07:30   
Quote:

- Docked ships now cost zero resources to spawn at their currently docked location or a jump gate. They cost 10% of their build cost to spawn at another ship yard.

nice! but fee should be upped to 15 %

K'luth Hunter - Recon ~Ping~ Scout - ECCM for the Team, to beat the K'luth!

Goto the website of Kaoschan
*Flash*
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-13 09:37   
i say the res should be upped to 50-60 .. maybe its better ? Or the highest rank should be captain to play all in the cruisers! what do u think i played this game and ranked up to play with dessy or cruisers, well i dont think so!

Email *Flash*
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.032768 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR