Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Tellaris
17th - Oskar von Reuenthal

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Since Patch
 Author Since Patch
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-11 17:08   
I have been having to cntrl/alt/del to get out of game about every two or three times I sy.

Also, I dont know what happened, but point jumps and planet jumps are all kinds of screwy now.

SY planets still are not highlited in the sy screen for easy location like before. Dont know it it was intentional.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Maroc
Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2010-07-11 17:28   
If u click to enter SY and it freezes than try to click Esc and if windov changes click play and u should be able to continue.

Sops
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-07-11 17:45   
I have also had a problem recently, if I let the GCQL client idle for a long time it will ask me to log in again but the client just locks up and I have to close it in task manager.

Tommas [ USF HunnyBunny ]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-07-11 18:05   
Yeh happens to me sometimes to, when i dock me ship the Darkspace client freeses

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-07-11 18:39   
Thats not new. It was present before the patch (for me). Sometimes i have to press ESC to bring up play/option/observe/quit and sometimes it freezes totaly!

Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-07-11 18:41   
Quote:
On 2010-07-11 17:45, Sops wrote:
I have also had a problem recently, if I let the GCQL client idle for a long time it will ask me to log in again but the client just locks up and I have to close it in task manager.

Only happens to me when i use the log-out button on the webpage accidentally. Or when my routing to the internet is changed.

Kaoschan
Fleet Admiral
Interstellar Cultural Confederation United

Posted: 2010-07-12 01:05   
Quote:

On 2010-07-11 18:39, Pakhos wrote:
Thats not new. It was present before the patch (for me). Sometimes i have to press ESC to bring up play/option/observe/quit and sometimes it freezes totaly!

same here, but happen already before the latest patches.

I need to press esc almost all the time to enter the ship selection after entering the SY and sometimes the game locks up and i need to use the taskmanager to close it.

i always send the crash-dumbs hope it helps

K'luth Hunter - Recon ~Ping~ Scout - ECCM for the Team, to beat the K'luth!

Goto the website of Kaoschan
*Flash*
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-12 01:10   
ok i found another bug ...when im trying to jump near a planet or a ship i always jump 400 gu away from it....and btw bombing still not working(even with -10 sig) and last night all Ugto fleet tryed to cap a planet in cincinaty and we couldnt thats why ppl has to tranny rush(i saw someone said something about tranny rushing).

Email *Flash*
NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-12 04:36   
fighter-bombers seems to work (at least the luth ones)
TK-/Bio- bombs explode with no effect most of the time

dont know for MIRV/neutron though

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-12 04:57   
There are 2 different bugs when you log in SY:
1/ The screen pauses, you must click Esc to enter selection ship screen.
2/ The game crashes, you must shut it off by Task Manger.
I had encoutered 2/ many times in BD and 1/ in R33 or Eri. Now I've been encoutering 1/ in BD and Cin, 2/ in Eri.
In the past, some players told me that having resources and logged into SY might crash the client, then I logged without rescources and it fixed the bug. But now my client still crashes even I have no resource.
Most of the time the client crash when I use Advance Drone with 2 mining beams. Unmodified AD doesn't crash the client.
Sens admit this was a misterious bug and tried to fix. We can hope. But as almost DS "mysterious bugs" take age to fixed (res cost for example), ctrl+alt+del is the only lifebuoy.

I don't think there is desync with bombs. You see the bombs explode when they reach the infs, actually they're destroyed by def bases on the planet. Ship's signature is not important, bombs' are. There was time I played as Kluth, I didn't see the ICC bomber fri who was bombing the planet, but I COULD SEE THE BOMBS IN F2. Thus, your ship is not detectable, but your bombs are in the case.
Solution: test bombing various distance to the planet 300gu, 350gu, 400gu etc... until you see your bombs work. If not, ask for more ECM. Failure to experiment, feel free to tranny rush. After all, tranny rush gives more transport pres than bombing.
[ This Message was edited by: Diep Luc on 2010-07-12 05:12 ]

*Flash*
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-12 08:13   
Yes ofc i will tranny rush a planet if i cant bomb but i miss the old days when we could Cloud BOMB a planet and kill 10 or more inf from 1 run

Email *Flash*
Tommas [ USF HunnyBunny ]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-07-15 16:45   
Hehe yeh i miss the old days to, if they just fixed that and made bombs only do like 10% damage or something that would be super awesome. Those days you had to know how to cloud and know when to turn away before the bombs splashed the planet, fun as heck. These days it orbit bomb or tranny rush and omg its boring.

Fatal Command (CO)
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

From: over here in New York noticing some ppl are like canoes.....they need to be paddled.
Posted: 2010-07-15 16:52   
cloud bombing hathache ( a deathstar) with 2 bomberdreads = server crash for the bombers....total screen whiteout then boom..you crashed....Axianda and I did that a couple times...hit planet with in excess between us of 100 bombs (before the limit was patched in on # of bombs in flight per ship at a time).God I miss the screaming

Email Fatal Command (CO)
Fatal Mack Bolan(WildCards_58th)*COM*
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2010-07-16 01:52   
oh yeah, it is to laff, i miss the cloud bombing too, please bring it back..........
R.I.P. Stephen Hawking
R.I.P. sean connery
R.I.P. adam west

Email Fatal Mack Bolan(WildCards_58th)*COM*
Page created in 0.025387 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR