Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Tellaris
17th - Oskar von Reuenthal

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Starport resource trade & shipyards
 Author Starport resource trade & shipyards
Wild Cat
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-11 03:36   
Last Scenario game I Played I've been trying to get a feel for how the Transport/extractor AI worked.

To cut a long boring Planet/Luna building story short, Earth got turned in to Shipyard planet and it's Luna got turned in to a industrial mining moon.
Luna already had a starport, but Earth did not. Upon completing it, the AI showed up in large numbers.

Multiple transports started hauling resources from the Luna and dumping it on Earth along with multiple extractors mining and hauling resources.

More then 6 AI ships where flying back and forth between the two starports.

With in a short period of time the resources on Earth where passed 200k with out any player assisted effort.

The last hour and a half of game time, the game boomed to live as more players showed up and started interacting with the planet and taking ships from the shipyard.

The busy AI transports/extractors trade route suddenly where no more. When I inspected Earth, some one had disabled the shipyard and the starport and the resource level hung low around 60k and hardly changed.

I turned them both back in the hope the AI would return and start hauling resources again. This didn't happen.

I didn't feel like waiting much longer, scrapped the starport and rebuild it on both Earth and Luna, two transports soon appeared and they continued there resources transfer again from Luna and Earth, but it remained to be only two ships, no extractors or additional transports showed up.

Didn't took long and earth's resources where back up climbing towards 200k. But every now and then, some one disabled the shipyard along with the starport again. With the shipyard being turned on and of, it felt like the AI orders changed. Instead of all resources going to planet earth, the got spread out evenly.

Can some one confirm this or explain how the AI responds to a shipyard being turned on and off.

Because form what I've experience it looks like that turning the shipyard off, causes the AI orders to change and can have undesired effects on the resources on the shipyard planet, being take out again.

[ This Message was edited by: Wild Cat on 2010-07-11 03:38 ]

Page created in 0.005146 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR