Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Tellaris
17th - Oskar von Reuenthal

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » An Idea for the current "issue"
 Author An Idea for the current "issue"
-Daedalus-
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-10 08:37   
This just came into my head this morning. People may hate it but I wanted to write it down.

They want people in smaller ships, I assume everything below a dread is a target so I bring forth the following.

First - Remove Rank Requirments for Ships. (If planet resources allow you to spawn the ship you want then you can, if someone knows they can get a cruiser they may be more willing to mine for it.

Second - Remove Pres Requirements for anything below a dread and cut pres requirements for dreads and above. (same as above, if the planet has the resources to allow you to spawn then you can)

Third - You cannot have a negitive pres value to spawn a ship (this would stop people from just spawning ships to SD them or using them as throw aways. If you hit a neg pres you can have a scout or supply to attempt to build it back up.

Now the theory behind the above. Removing rank and pres for anything below a dread would allow new players to get in a bigger ship to try it out and hopefully like the game and stay. One of the most annoying things about being new is people just kill you over and over and it's very hard to gain rank and pres when thats going on.

If you want a dread or above you still gotta do some work for it but it won't take as long (forever at this time).

The planet resources would be a check/balance system which will stop people from spamming ships over and over because either the resources won't be there or sooner or later they will get a -0 pres and not be able to spawn at all other then a scout or supply.

This should make some current players who have been working forever to get a dread happy but allow new players to enjoy the bigger ships, we all know thats why people come and play is to get to the bigger ships.

Anywho just something I was thinking about while I was sleeping.

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-10 08:44   
Go back to sleep!

The simplest fix is to unlevel the freaking weapons again, and make a torp a torp. A Psi l a Psi . We have higher damage weapons (heavy cannons, new missles) specifically for larger ships now that we did not have before which would help to balance that system better.

They had it right to begin with, and only needed small tweaks to balance it in.

4 years later, and way so many failed attempts, they still havent beaten that system.

In those days, the most common ICC ship were dessies and cruisers. The most common Kluth ships split between dessies and cruisers. The most common ships for ugto were the cruisers and dreads.

But now they revamp everything and still cant figure out why few people ( and lets be truthful here, they mean the vets) want to fly in small ships.

I still fly them all tbh, but I still totally understand why others do not.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Rebellion
Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2010-07-10 10:17   
Quote:

On 2010-07-10 08:44, Azreal wrote:
Go back to sleep!

\"War does not decide who is right, but who is left\"
\"I stopped fighting my inner demons we're on the same side now\"

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-07-10 10:23   
No.

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-10 12:05   
new person 1: HEY LOOK I CAN FLY A CRUISER!

new person 1 has been destroyed by _planet_

new person 1 gets new cruiser and repeats, crashing into planet or dying to other players

new person 1 says this game isnt fun and rage quits

also the cruiser will be most used because everone can use it

Lunatiq
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-07-10 12:46   
I say remove the resource requirements for scenario server(s) and keep them in the MV where conditions are more stable, where the MV economy is more realistic, and where players are more tactical and it makes sense to have a resource constraint.

Allow people to play time-limited scenarios with no ship resource constraints where they can gain some prestige at lower ranks, can experiment with different ships, can have slug fests with dreads if they want, etc. etc.

But I think it makes total sense to have the new resource rules in the MV where the pace is slower, people have to think more, tactics matter, etc.

Granted, with different rules in scen than the MV, it will create a learning curve once you 'graduate' to the MV, but then, shouldn't there be something that differentiates the two more specifically?

My 2 cents.

*Obsidian Shadow*
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-10 12:49   
i spent 4 months trying to get 1st RA so i could fly a cruiser and it was a nice surprise when i did okay in it but what your saying is that newbies should have it from day one? no that shouldn´t happen

Maroc
Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2010-07-10 12:53   
That idea is totaly nuts. It wouldnt help much and it would look wery silly if a beginer starts with cruiser. And i think new players would get bored with the game fast if they wont have a purpose like to reach a higer rank to get a better ship. And it would take much work to make all this. And it wouldnt be fair from other players point of view.
[ This Message was edited by: Maroc on 2010-07-10 12:54 ]

Windless Storm
Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-10 13:53   
Quote:

On 2010-07-10 12:49, obsidian shadow wrote:
i spent 4 months trying to get 1st RA so i could fly a cruiser and it was a nice surprise when i did okay in it but what your saying is that newbies should have it from day one? no that shouldn´t happen

Goto the website of Windless Storm
NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-10 15:50   
the entire idea about "leveling" is, that you learn how to play

a scout is barely a threat, but when ever something big and ugly show up, the scout can run (high speed, fast JD-recharge)
most of the time, you just have to concentrade on flying your ship , energy isnt a problem and you arent such an important target and might even get ignored

with every new ship-class, the aspects of the scout shift into the direction:
- more weapons (= more damage, higher priority in combat)
- energy will become a bigger problem (more weapons = bigger energy usage)
- it'll become more difficult to evade incomming fire
- JD-recharge take longer

-> so basicaly the bigger the ship, the more time you have to think ahead
(Station JD take ~2min to recharge and they can be very long 2 minutes)

El Guapo
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-10 16:45   
Quote:

On 2010-07-10 12:05, SpaceAdmiral wrote:
new person 1: HEY LOOK I CAN FLY A CRUISER!

new person 1 has been destroyed by _planet_

new person 1 gets new cruiser and repeats, crashing into planet or dying to other players

new person 1 says this game isnt fun and rage quits

sounds like something you are going through, so why have you not rage quit?

MaGoo
Fleet Admiral
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2010-07-10 16:48   
Someone had to much Pizza before bed

Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-10 17:42   
Quote:

On 2010-07-10 12:05, SpaceAdmiral wrote:

CRUISERS ARE MEANT TO BE THE MOST COMMON SHIPS!

geez.

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-10 20:33   
Quote:

On 2010-07-10 08:44, Azreal wrote:
Go back to sleep!

The simplest fix is to unlevel the freaking weapons again, and make a torp a torp. A Psi l a Psi . We have higher damage weapons (heavy cannons, new missles) specifically for larger ships now that we did not have before which would help to balance that system better.

They had it right to begin with, and only needed small tweaks to balance it in.

4 years later, and way so many failed attempts, they still havent beaten that system.

In those days, the most common ICC ship were dessies and cruisers. The most common Kluth ships split between dessies and cruisers. The most common ships for ugto were the cruisers and dreads.

But now they revamp everything and still cant figure out why few people ( and lets be truthful here, they mean the vets) want to fly in small ships.

I still fly them all tbh, but I still totally understand why others do not.

You're right. Remove gadget levels and make torpedoes the deadly weapons they used to be.

Problem is they want dreads to dominate, and yet don't want everyone in dreads.

Page created in 0.075374 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR