Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Tellaris
17th - Oskar von Reuenthal

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » a legal way to get past the mining.
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author a legal way to get past the mining.
PhiliChez
Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-09 16:14   
lets say u have an sy planet that needs res. instead of a bunch of people mining it, build up several mining planets and be sure to add a starport to all of them including teh sy planet!! from what i noticed from a recent game... there was a lot of dread spawning with not as much mining. im not super sure that this was exactly what happened but i think this is what the devs had in mind.

Quote from Caboose on the Red vs Blue siries by Rooser Teeth.
Go to YouTube and watch all 100 humorus and only slightly appropriate episodes!

Email PhiliChez
Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-07-09 16:30   
People have been discussing and even doing this since resource use for ships was added, admittedly it's much easier since AI transports were added last night to shuttle the resources automatically rather than having players need to do it manually.

Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-09 16:38   
Quote:

On 2010-07-09 16:30, Talien {SOE} wrote:
People have been discussing and even doing this since resource use for ships was added, admittedly it's much easier since AI transports were added last night to shuttle the resources automatically rather than having players need to do it manually.

hopefully, eventualy, that will be the role of large, player-piloted freight ships that only take 1 or 2 loads to fill a SY planet up.

Jammy Pajamies
Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-09 17:05   
Mining planets have been around forever, esp. in pre-resource-only scenario.
People just dont know how to makem work.
In fact,only having 1 resource to mine and distribute makes mining planets even more viable than ever.
So use them. Use them well.

Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-07-09 17:09   
Excuse me what you think transports are for?
Transporting Cargo.. not infantry for a invasion, your normal ships carry infantry and everyone drops them on the planet, everyone helps. if you need a refill of inf when invading, fall back you your support station and ask kindly for a few inf and go at it again..

I would not want to be a poor infantry regiment cramped with 9 other regiments in a single transport.

[/sarcasm]

Shath
Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-07-09 17:26   
wooo starports will be useful agin lol

Fatal Perihelion
Chief Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2010-07-09 19:10   

We had 3 working mining planets going today, all full with deepcoremines factorys and a starport of course.

As it was Scenario, we needed barracks too and still had to recapture planets 2 times.

After more then 2hours we had some dreads out which we didnt realy need, because UGTO wasnt working well and we had no real enemys.

It was a waste of time, looks like Scen will be a newbie server now like some people wanted it to be.

A solution would be, to take out Scen from the res fee.

I will try MV now again, but i think its not much better there.

The problem is not that i cant respawn a dread, i always used a depot planet, because respawning is cheap.

The problem is you need time colecting res and defending/captureing planets, just to have some low level fights.
Even if there would be ballanced cruiser fights: The epic fights are gone.

Back then it wasnt just respawn spam, it was amazing fights with turning tides and real storys.
And the dreads and stations were going up in beautifull explosions.

I will take a break and have a look again in some weeks.cya

signing off: peri the scen fanboy

Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-07-09 19:40   
I once was a Scenario fanboy before the Devil got us hooked on Shipyards.
So i partially know how it feels. and i would give a lot to get SY's out of scenario but
Quote:
On 2010-07-09 19:10, perihelion wrote:
A solution would be, to take out Scen from the res fee.

Same reason, the only difference between scenario and metaverse is the map and that scenario has a Win condition. everything else, planets, ships, weapons, decync, prestige, it all is the same. So:
we can't cut out resources from scenario because the ships still Require resources.
We can't increase the mines, mining beams of production multipliers because they would affect MV.

We are trying to create a balanced MV,
Ursa Minor provides new players a grip on what is a presistant metaverse without the danger of getting your self killed by a dread.
scenario is just something we put aside for New people to try to build planets and work together, at the same time provide a setting where they can fight against each other with low tiered ships without having to worry about what will happens to the map when they leave.

Katejina
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-07-09 19:43   
Or the game before you go to every planet with res and build a port and then get around 200k+ resources in your garage and your set for next game =P

Its what I did earlier

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-09 23:19   
Quote:

On 2010-07-09 17:09, Eledore Massis [R33] wrote:
Excuse me what you think transports are for?
Transporting Cargo.. not infantry for a invasion, your normal ships carry infantry and everyone drops them on the planet, everyone helps. if you need a refill of inf when invading, fall back you your support station and ask kindly for a few inf and go at it again..

I would not want to be a poor infantry regiment cramped with 9 other regiments in a single transport.

[/sarcasm]

Extractors are for transporting cargo, transports are for transporting infantry. Extractors have mining beams, transports have bombs.

Both can be used to carry either cargo or infantry but it's pretty obvious which intended role each has.

Glaceon
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-10 03:44   
how bout this a new kind of tranny ship with the speed of a dread and the hull of lets say a frigate 1 PD beam and 1 armor or shield like an extractor but cargo hold of say 15-20 so it will be bad at caping planets cause low armor but good transport of res.

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-07-10 10:07   
You can already shove 50k res into an Extractor or Transport, that isn't enough?

-Arkaeus-
Fleet Admiral

From: Definitely NOT under your bed, so dont even bother checking. ;s
Posted: 2010-07-10 13:43   
Quote:

On 2010-07-10 03:44, Mal2103 {R33} wrote:
how bout this a new kind of tranny ship with the speed of a dread and the hull of lets say a frigate 1 PD beam and 1 armor or shield like an extractor but cargo hold of say 15-20 so it will be bad at caping planets cause low armor but good transport of res.

How about well-armored with low-tier weapons? Otherwise these ships would be preyed upon and destroyed Very easily, allowing for one faction to almost effortlessly cripple another faction's attempts at creating a productive Shipyard.

Maybe, say, the armor of a cruiser, the speed of a dread, and the weaponry of an extractor? It'll perhaps hold 100K resources in cargo, possess the JD recharge of a cruiser/dessy, and'll maybe have a few ECM and a scanner?

I'm just thinking off the top of my head atm, though.
[ This Message was edited by: -Otario on 2010-07-10 13:44 ]

El Guapo
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-10 16:39   
Quote:

On 2010-07-09 19:43, Katejina wrote:
Or the game before you go to every planet with res and build a port and then get around 200k+ resources in your garage and your set for next game =P

Its what I did earlier

think by doing that you are exploiting the game...
beleave the gargae is wiped, so why not the storage area, think the dev's need to rethink thing and wipe the storage for senario also...

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-10 19:04   
Quote:

On 2010-07-10 16:39, Carrot on a stick wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-07-09 19:43, Katejina wrote:

Its what I did earlier

think by doing that you are exploiting the game...
beleave the gargae is wiped, so why not the storage area, think the dev's need to rethink thing and wipe the storage for senario also...

Well the fact is the person earned the ench/res, so y isnt it legal?

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.024949 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR