Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Tellaris
17th - Oskar von Reuenthal

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » re res usage for sy planets
 Author re res usage for sy planets
El Guapo
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-09 14:05   
One thing that should be looked at, is if it costs x amount of res to spawn a ship, maybe when you shipyard at a planet the res that made the ship should go back into the res pool for said planet...

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-07-09 14:21   
That would be silly, unless by shipyard you mean dock then scrap the ship from your garage. Otherwise people could just dock a ship, launch from a transfer gate, jump to the planet and dock again, then keep repeating the process to fill it up with resources.

Scrapping a ship from your garage adding resources to the planet it was docked at equal to the amount of debris resources it spawns if destroyed wouldn't be a bad idea.

El Guapo
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-09 15:40   
Quote:

On 2010-07-09 14:21, Talien {SOE} wrote:
That would be silly, unless by shipyard you mean dock then scrap the ship from your garage. Otherwise people could just dock a ship, launch from a transfer gate, jump to the planet and dock again, then keep repeating the process to fill it up with resources.

Scrapping a ship from your garage adding resources to the planet it was docked at equal to the amount of debris resources it spawns if destroyed wouldn't be a bad idea.

Now you are suggesting exploiting the game, wich is agaist the Roc...

What I am suggesting is if i take a ship out of my grage and it cost's x amount of res, the when I put it back those res that where used to remove it from my grage should go back into the planet's res pool...

NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-09 15:43   
so basically you want to track every spawned ship (where did it launch, where did it dock) for every shipyard ?

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-07-09 15:51   
That would nullify the entire point of having a resource cost for launching ships from the garage.

Scrapping a garaged ship and adding it's "on death" resource amount to the planet it's scrapped would be an exploit? I'd like to see someone spawn a new ship, then dock and scrap it in that situation and look how much of the planet's resources they just wasted. Even a Station generates less than 20k resource debris when it's destroyed.

PhiliChez
Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-09 16:10   
res is APART of the ships as teh armor and weapons and everything on the lower left. no res is used in RELEASING the ships from teh sy. so u cant get that kind of res back but there should be res return from scraping, at least it should put most or all of the res back.

Quote from Caboose on the Red vs Blue siries by Rooser Teeth.
Go to YouTube and watch all 100 humorus and only slightly appropriate episodes!

Email PhiliChez
El Guapo
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-09 20:27   
Quote:

On 2010-07-09 15:43, NoBoDx wrote:
so basically you want to track every spawned ship (where did it launch, where did it dock) for every shipyard ?

no and I will be nice about things, if I spawn my krill at a ship yard it cost's x amount in res... if I spawn the same krill at the gate ( because it is in my grage ) it cost nothing, so being nice duh... do you understand where this is going?

El Guapo
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-09 20:31   
and being nice about things, for that is the type of k'luth that I am...

so for the rest for you pinheads, take the brick, hold it in you hand and smack it against you forehead, repeat till you are on my table...

that is for those that do not understand the consept. I expect to find 99.9% of the ICC and UGTO fleets knocked senseless in the next few days... Welcome to dinner guy's...

ADmiraLMaXimus (Bringer of Doom)
Chief Marshal
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2010-07-09 20:39   
I agree with el

if we already have a ship in the garage why does it even cost resources to take it out

technically we drained those resources the first time we ever took the ship out and many of us have been using the same ship for quite some time and not getting new ones every time ours is destroyed... which we have to spend time to repair...

if it costs resources to remove it then why dont resources get returned to the planet when the ship is returned

or why dont ships that have been destroyed come out already fixed... since we are spending resources to get our ships out of the garage from a sy

maybe we shoud pay to park in SY like with our credits hmmmm 10 credit per spawn an a sy sound good and only planet requires resources when creating the ship for the first time for any player

Email ADmiraLMaXimus (Bringer of Doom)
El Guapo
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-09 20:42   
Here is where this is going boy's and girl's...
The reason the dev's have put the res bug on our asrse's is due to the extreame amount of station spam... so by doing what they have done it limits the number of stations spawned, except out of a gate. So in fact it does nothing but slow things down by a bit and screw the rest of you pinheads...

So enough of the being nice, for those that didn't know it, this was just an atempt to stop the ugto from station spaming(or anyone), a sad atempt but an atempt all the same.

So I think it is time the dev's stepped up to the plate of lay upon said plate and admitted they took a short cut, and said short cut screws everyone over, except those that spawn at a gate...
[ This Message was edited by: El Guapo on 2010-07-09 20:44 ]
[ This Message was edited by: El Guapo on 2010-07-09 20:47 ]
[ This Message was edited by: El Guapo on 2010-07-10 11:14 ]

El Guapo
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-11 15:50   
would like to say sorry to the dev's, I know they are attempting to limit station spam, but to day and yesterday UGTO where spawning stations as fast if not faster than we could kill them and alas all at gates...

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-11 16:26   
Quote:

On 2010-07-09 20:39, ADmiraLMaXimus (Bringer of Doom) wrote:
I agree with el

if we already have a ship in the garage why does it even cost resources to take it out

technically we drained those resources the first time we ever took the ship out and many of us have been using the same ship for quite some time and not getting new ones every time ours is destroyed... which we have to spend time to repair...

if it costs resources to remove it then why dont resources get returned to the planet when the ship is returned

or why dont ships that have been destroyed come out already fixed... since we are spending resources to get our ships out of the garage from a sy

maybe we shoud pay to park in SY like with our credits hmmmm 10 credit per spawn an a sy sound good and only planet requires resources when creating the ship for the first time for any player

Considering that you can spawn that docked ship anywhere in the MV where there is a shipyard I'm going to take a shot and say it takes at least a bit of energy and effort to move it there and out of the planets surface. Just a thought.

-Ent

*Obsidian Shadow*
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-11 16:41   
erm..... guys... WAKE UP!!!!!

all you ever seem to do is whine and whine and whine about UGTO station spam right... k´luth do it as well and so does ICC (and they make a mean stack) so why are you all QQing about a cross faction potential... and we don´t spawn a new station everytime one is destroyed we pull out a station which we have spent time repairing... and you k´luth players keep on saying that you spend so much time repping well...

NEWSFLASH: ugto also spend time repping and it takes more time then you think

and why the hell do people wanna get rid of dread space... it´s fun when there are lots of dreads in a single place... they are the only ship that seems to be worth playing in at the moment i´ve spent most of my combat time in a cruiser and time and time again i get beat by dreads so i´ve spent all this time working with other dreads to fight dreads i admit the missile/harrier frigate was awesome till it got nerfed due to QQ (surprise surprise) and also the torp cruiser that thing is a beast but why try to make people fly in a ship smaller then a dread seeing as dreads are now the wireframe of dark space
Not cruisers
Not dessies
nor even stations
But dreads they provide the awesome battles why get rid of it?

Azure Prower
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-11 18:29   
Quote:

On 2010-07-11 16:41, obsidian shadow wrote:

[...] station spam [...] k´luth do it as well

They do? Wut?

Page created in 0.023879 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR