Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Tellaris
17th - Oskar von Reuenthal

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Suggestion about locking planets
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Suggestion about locking planets
Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-07-09 11:41   
Would it be possible to have it so an unfleeted person can't build on planets in MV if they're locked by any person who's in a fleet regardless of rank? It doesn't even need to be someone from the fleet that has it's name on the planet, just as long as it's someone in a fleet.

There are high ranked unfleeted people who lock and rebuild planets into garbage and nobody can stop them because they're outranked, and sending a /report does no good because the person builds new structures on the planet and doesn't just scrap it and leave it, they just build it so horribly that it's easy for even AI to bomb or capture. This has been a problem across all factions for some time, and it really kills the fun when someone ruins a planet you're trying to defend and have had to rebuild numerous times previously because of the same issue.

Rebellion
Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2010-07-09 11:54   
Me likes this idea

\"War does not decide who is right, but who is left\"
\"I stopped fighting my inner demons we're on the same side now\"

Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-09 12:25   
It used to be like this, only players of the fleet that owned the planet could lock/unlock the planet at all, and unfleeted planets were open to anyone. This was around when fleets had the planet count number too.

Really the lock system needs to come back, I have said it many times before this system and said it again. Sabo is RAMPANT now thanks to you devs since planets don't STAY locked anymore. Otherwise the MV would be locked at M (M is the old days GA now) since there are way too many noob GA's that don't know anything about the game.

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

There is a thin line between knowing when to give up and when to try harder.

Email Starcommander
nicklane1
2nd Rear Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-09 17:17   
I agree with some of this but not all of it, because low ranking fleeted players could like lock the terran planet if it belonged to his fleet in scene and ruin it if another of his fleet wasent on or was selfish or a noob himself.

Email nicklane1   Goto the website of nicklane1
Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-07-09 17:27   
Quote:

On 2010-07-09 17:17, nicklane1 wrote:
I agree with some of this but not all of it, because low ranking fleeted players could like lock the terran planet if it belonged to his fleet in scene and ruin it if another of his fleet wasent on or was selfish or a noob himself.

That's why I specified MV.

Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-07-09 18:06   
[non DEV]

Excuse me but what happens to non fleeted players that Know how to build..

I personally won't join a fleet because i just find that there are fleets out there that don't have the old feeling of actually being a fleet that works together.
I am picky when it comes to working together with people, should i join a fleet i hope it to be based on trust and a guarantee of skill and/or knowledge. Should a new member join i would support him to stand up to the honors to defend him, train him to be a part of the team so that he may be a standalone part capable of doing anything that is required for the team and expect him to live up to the same standards.
These days i find most fleets lacking this. Either they let anyone showing a little skill join, or letting players join and just be total chaos and don't work together or have a Inactive fleet roster that no one ever comes online at the same time (of the month).

I have been with little fleets; GDI, Storm, PB, WKA, The Brotherhood, Trinity, SFC.
The last fleet i have had the feeling of teamwork has been TB, while that teamwork died out in a few weeks, all these fleets have had people i trusted and respected. I would not have joined them otherwise.

In the future i hope to have old friends and new pilots join me in a fleet that lived up to how we had them in the past. Work together, Train together, have Fun together.
Until that time, i will be a freelancer and help who ever needs it. UGTO, ICC, K'LUTH, PIRATE or MI.

So even while i do not have the Rank of a Chief marshal yet. you want to lock out all non fleeted players.

After this can you give me a answer to how i can still help out with building and managing planets?

Coeus
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2010-07-09 18:08   
TB didn't die off & neither did it's teamwork - it lays dormant until such time when it is needed again to cleanse the MV of a player-borne threat. As such, no one has come close to necessitating it's ressurrection... yet.

ICC Security Council Chief Enforcer

Email Coeus   Goto the website of Coeus
Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-07-09 18:17   
Quote:

On 2010-07-09 18:06, Eledore Massis [R33] wrote:
[non DEV]
Excuse me but what happens to non fleeted players that Know how to build..

For someone who's known and respected I don't think it would be hard at all to get a planet unlocked, this was intended as a quick solution to a growing problem.

Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-07-09 19:12   
As you said regardless of rank.
There can be a AFK guy in there or a alternative account/newbie who happens to be in a fleet with the rank of 2nd lieutenant and he could still out-lock me.

Sorry but I will just wait until we figured out and implemented the new planet system.

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-07-09 19:27   
Anyone could unlock it in that case, and if nobody in a fleet is logged on it could always just default back to midshipman.

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-11 05:02   
The idea "Fleet planets can only be lock & locked by fleet members" occurs some cases:
  • It's razed by red infs. Nobody can modify it until fleet players online. Pay attention that "non-fleet midshipman" is still not "fleet midshipman". That's why in current version, even the planet locked by CM must be set to highest rank player online when CM offline.
    Otherwise "fleet planets" can only be modified by fleet players, perhaps "non-fleet planets" can only be modified by non-fleet players. Troublesome?
    Unilateral think is what dev doesn't have in mind.
  • A map usually has a mix of non-fleet and different fleets planets. Thus there is potential conclift between fleets.
  • Capture simply removes the restriction. Hence more features but can't change the nature simply cause troubles.

Lock should have this feature: option rank to lock at. E.g.: CM can lock a planet at CM or M or GA etc...

Btw, a basic of build mind is the purpose to have the planet. The location of planet helps the idea of what planet shoud be. Having 10 planets, all built to defense simply a waste. Looks like a planet non-def, full mantles and factories and 1 starport looks more sensible in this ego. Untilize thoroughtly a planet in days before it's captured no doubt gives bigger profit than leave it unisolated to play timestream. And never forget, if it's easy to bomb, it's easy to recap; vice-versa.

In facts, whatever have on a planet, it will not captured until some players decide to. No matter how strong a planet is, it's always need players to defend. So why bother making many defense planets? With a system that all planets demonstrate its useful existence, rebuild should be skipped. This is the sentence: start to bomb the easiest planet so that orbit and regain bomb, then take infs away and bomb next planet. Specific acts may arise in particular circumstance, this is the basic.

Engineer has a limitless diversity. Instead of arguing what planet should be, let's discuss in the moment, what we need it most. That's a bright light to seek for engineer solution.

Fatal Command (CO)
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

From: over here in New York noticing some ppl are like canoes.....they need to be paddled.
Posted: 2010-07-11 14:50   
put lock back on as it was..locked at rank set by player locking it.max rank at the players lvl..minimum at whever player set it to.but only on fleet owned planets.prevents a LOT of alterations to a planet by a newb or a saboteur and it IS happening devs,they're just slick about it til caught.then they say "I wasnt done rebuilding." what a load of crock.over half the independants STAY independant so they can hop around and see what the easy targets are and what to use on em.
ALL players should be faction locked 7 days at a time.or take fleet faction lock off so we have the same "options" as independants.THATS why some gain rank so fast...hopping to faction with most on at the time they are so they constantly gain pres and rarely lose it.
[ This Message was edited by: Fatal Command (CO) on 2010-07-11 15:30 ]

Email Fatal Command (CO)
Katejina
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-07-11 19:15   
How about a system where
Midshipman: =1
Ensign: =2
2nd Lieutenant: =3
1st Lieutenant: =4
Lieutenant Commander: =5
Commander: =6
Captain: =7
2nd Rear Admiral: =8
1st Rear Admiral: =9
Vice Admiral: =10
Admiral: =11
Fleet Admiral: =12
Grand Admiral: =13
Marshal: =14
Chief Marshal: =15

And so for example a CM locks a planet... to unlock it a marshal+ another rank could unlock it
or 2 2nd Rear admirals could unlock it

So to unlock You will need a certain amount of people to press unlock on the planet within say 30 sec- 1 min of the first person who presses unlock

Then instead of it Being locked at CM(or whatever rank) It would be locked at 15 or more/less if more people press lock/unlock within the time limit

[ This Message was edited by: Katejina on 2010-07-11 19:26 ]

nicklane1
2nd Rear Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-11 20:21   
Quote:

On 2010-07-09 17:27, Talien {SOE} wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-07-09 17:17, nicklane1 wrote:

That's why I specified MV.

Sorry, overlooked it :/

Email nicklane1   Goto the website of nicklane1
MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-11 23:35   
Quote:

On 2010-07-09 18:17, Talien {SOE} wrote:
For someone who's known and respected I don't think it would be hard at all to get a planet unlocked, this was intended as a quick solution to a growing problem.

You should know what happens with quick solutions to growing problems by now

I don't like this idea. Rank should trump fleet when it comes to locking planets. I mean it's your faction's planet.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.021409 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR