No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.6 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Feedback: Hotfix for Spawn Fee
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Feedback: Hotfix for Spawn Fee
Kaoschan
Fleet Admiral
Interstellar Cultural Confederation United

Posted: 2010-07-09 03:47   
- HOTFIX: Enabled AI transports for ports.
- HOTFIX: Reduced resource cost for docked ship from 25% to 10%.
- HOTFIX: Increased maximum resources per cargo item from 1,000 to 5,000.
- HOTFIX: Double maximum resources of all planet types.
- HOTFIX: AI will now use mining beams.

Plainly, we are almost completly back at how DS was before the Fee was added.

A Station now costs around 27k and if a Arid got 400k Res you can spawn about 14(!!) Stations! , even more on a Terran World. And i dont want to calculate hwo many Dreads can be spawned from the Garage.

Basicly you over-nerft the Fee into the Ground, if it stays this way, remove it, its useless and does nothing anymore.

Changes:
- Increase the Spawnfee from 10% to 15%

and/or

- Remove the double max resources for planets and just give them a 50% increase

- Remove the ability to spawn anything bigger than a destroyer from transfer gates
- set maximum resources per cargo back to 1k and increase mining rate of beams instead

please stop carebearing the game .... its almost the same as before the fee-patch.

calculations:

Arid with 400.000 res

ICC SS - 286.200 res- 10% 28620 res
13.97 times ICC SS (lets say 14)
ICC SS - 286.200 res- 15% 42930 res
9.31 times ICC SS

ICC AD - 157.350 res- 10% 15735 res
25.41 times ICC AD
ICC AD - 157.350 res- 15% 23603 res
16.94 times ICC AD (let say 17)

Arid with 300.000 res

ICC SS - 286.200 res- 10% 28620 res
10.48 times ICC SS
ICC SS - 286.200 res- 15% 42930 res
6.98 times ICC SS (lets say 7)

ICC AD - 157.350 res- 10% 15735 res
19.06 times ICC AD
ICC AD - 157.350 res- 15% 23603 res
12.71 times ICC AD

This is just an example, and using the two prime ideas would give a nice balance between spamming stuff and making it hard to get bigger ships.

Current System - 14x ICC SS - 25x ICC AD (double res, 10% fee)
Mixed System 1 - 9x ICC SS - 17x ICC AD (double res, 15% fee)
Mixed System 2 - 10x ICC SS - 19x ICC AD (+50% res, 10% fee)
New System - 7x ICC SS - 12x ICC AD (+50% res, 15% fee)

i clearly fovorite "my" new System of 15% fee and +50% max res. This is more reasonable than the current one, because "spamming ship" returned with the current system, and lets talk straight.

Bigger Planets like Terran even dish out more Stuff than the small Arid or Ocean ones.

/discuss

K'luth Hunter - Recon ~Ping~ Scout - ECCM for the Team, to beat the K'luth!

Goto the website of Kaoschan
Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-09 04:47   
This dose put DS back before the fee, and the fee was only added to slow things down. This allows you to spawn several ships from X planet but not forever and ever and ever ect.

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

There is a thin line between knowing when to give up and when to try harder.

Email Starcommander
Azure Prower
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-09 05:06   
I quite like it this way.

Doesn't slow the flow of battle as much and yet there's still reason to keep the ships you've created instead of just spawning a brand spanking new one over and over.

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-09 05:47   
Kaoschan, let the devs have rest. There are more reproaches, moans, complaints, censures than eulogias, commendations, extolments, praises on res cost. I believe devs are tired and exhausted after listenning so much QQ that they made the hotfix to keep the spirit of game unchanged. How many dissident topics must protestants QQ create to oppose vehemently to your proposal?

-=LoKi=-
Marshal
Imperium

Posted: 2010-07-09 05:54   
""I protest!""
Well done.. ))

Email -=LoKi=-
Kaoschan
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-09 05:55   
fact straight. current system is almost the same as before patch.
why add it if its the same anyways?

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-09 06:09   
Quote:

On 2010-07-09 05:55, Kaoschan wrote:

Really? Now ICC can spawn stations in BD... Enough for you to stop snivelling now?

Kaoschan
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-09 06:11   
Quote:

On 2010-07-09 06:09, Diep Luc wrote:
Quote:

Really? Now ICC can spawn stations in BD... Enough for you to stop snivelling now?

why should i stop? im focusing on the real reason for the spawn fee, to prevent station SPAM.

10% fee and double resource for planets is a over-nerf of the real reason.
even if ICC couldn't spawn station, i would have posted this thread. so what?

PS: keep in mind that i only addressed a ICC Ships because i can only see the costs of icc ships.

@Diep: Please tell us why the spawn fee was added in YOUR opinion. wanna know it, please.

as far as i know it was added to slow down garage spam of big ships like

spaw station -> die within 2 minutes -> spawn again -> die in 2 minutes -> repeat

right now on an Arid (im not even telling you its a terran) you can dish out 14 ICC station from garage.
In my opinion, this count exactly as SPAM caus its almost 2 full garages of Stations.
[ This Message was edited by: Kaoschan on 2010-07-09 06:17 ]

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-09 06:36   
Hope you satisfied with my deductions:
  • In the past, players don't need to capture more planets, they just need to protect the terran and keep at 300k. Now, even an ocean can spawn station so capturing planets gives more chances to get dreads and stations. Hence, a faction will be always hungry for planets. Therefore, they're more actively in capturing planets and defend them perseveringly.
  • Although the planets can hold double amount of res, instalments to spawn ship are limited. 10 players launch stations can instantly eats 250k, and they have 7 more ships to launch. As mine bases are not buffed, after the big fight, the time to regen res still last as long as repping 5 hull station. Exploiting SY usage bring about paying dearly for mining after that, thus players still try to avoiding spawning at SY when possilbe.
  • Double res broadens the diversity of building. Now what shall be built on ocean, arid, terran when they all have SY? What shall we construct nearby ice and barren to be? Should we have mantle and factory on all SYs planet, or build res-purpose planets?
  • Most important, the pace of the game pretty improve. There is no spare time now. If there is no one to shoot, bombing. If there is someone but unclear location, mining. Being invade, quickly rebuild res gen planet to defend one. The game now is not boring at any moment.

Happy with my answer?

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-09 07:01   
Quote:

On 2010-07-09 05:47, Diep Luc wrote:
Kaoschan, let the devs have rest. There are more reproaches, moans, complaints, censures than eulogias, commendations, extolments, praises on res cost. I believe devs are tired and exhausted after listenning so much QQ that they made the hotfix to keep the spirit of game unchanged. How many dissident topics must protestants QQ create to oppose vehemently to your proposal?

OH LOL WE CAN STOP COMPLAINING NOW BECAUSE WE GOT WHAT WE WANT.

Remove the fee. Its pointless now. Every planet type but a Barren can spawn a new Station, and even a Barren can spawn three garaged stations before it runs out of res.

Since defenses are pointless, build a SY on every planet, and mines to go with it. Still enough room for defenses to deterr a random bomber. Welcome back to Dreadspace, same as old Dreadspace.

You should have kept the old 25% fee. At least then it might have made Dreads and Stations important enough that players couldn't respawn them continuously. But you decided that was too much.

Sorry, but thats just silly. If you want to reinforce the idea that a faction can't spawn a Station/Dread fleet anywhere at a moments notice you're doing it wrong. People whined because they dont want to fly anything but big ships. Nothing you try and do will change that. Infact, they'll still complain even now, when you can spawn a garaged Station 15 times from a planet thats not even a Terran. They have to have those big ships.

Sorry Devs but if you want to curb these out of control fleets, you're going to have to tell the whiners to man up and accept they can't always have what they want. If you cave in to their QQ everytime anything dares threaten their ability to infinitely spawn their ships you'll never get balance in this game. The only way they'll accept that putting more people in small ships is good is if it isn't them.

-Ent

[ This Message was edited by: Enterprise on 2010-07-09 07:02 ]

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-09 08:13   
Quote:
On 2010-07-09 07:01, Enterprise wrote:
Remove the fee. Its pointless now. Every planet type but a Barren can spawn a new Station, and even a Barren can spawn three garaged stations before it runs out of res.

Excuse me? Completely new station can only spawn from an ocean. 100k res not reach the requirement of 286k. There is nothing wrong with an existing station on garrage is capable to launch at a barren (assuming there is enough res).
Besides, you're talking AS IF planets always-have-full-res of capacity, AND as if the higher rank is, the higher priority to spawn.
Quote:
On 2010-07-09 07:01, Enterprise wrote:
Sorry Devs but if you want to curb these out of control fleets, you're going to have to tell the whiners to man up and accept they can't always have what they want. If you cave in to their QQ everytime anything dares threaten their ability to infinitely spawn their ships you'll never get balance in this game. The only way they'll accept that putting more people in small ships is good is if it isn't them.

Why do the dev makes 15 dreads and 9 stations for rare use? Why do they create core wep, WH, station engine when players don't have the need? Fine, no more dreadspace, no more station. Cruiser should have core weps and rep drones, agree?

Frankly. if you hate dreadspace that much, feel free to solely play in UM and RR. Only play scen that players can't get dread. Players always have the choice to choose the server to play, eh?

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-09 11:05   
Quote:

On 2010-07-09 03:47, Kaoschan wrote:
-- Remove the ability to spawn anything bigger than a destroyer from transfer gates

I never liked the idea of spawning from transfer gates anyway, except for the 3 home server gates but only for that faction.

The 3 home server gates should be able to spawn any ship, but only for the corresponding faction (Andromeda for Kluth, Lacerta for UGTO, Cassiopeia for ICC). All the other gates including the ones that link to other servers should not be spawn points for anything except AI. For instance, no spawning at the RR gate to attack Luyten, you have to either fly through one of the gates to get there, use a WH, or get a shipyard established (incredibly hard to do that now).

Rebellion
Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2010-07-09 11:50   
Quote:

On 2010-07-09 06:09, Diep Luc wrote:
Quote:

We cant spawn stations in BD we have no TERRENS!

\"War does not decide who is right, but who is left\"
\"I stopped fighting my inner demons we're on the same side now\"

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-07-09 11:55   
Doubling resource capacity for planets, OR reducing spawn cost of garaged ships would've been great, but doing both seems to be overkill.

Overall I do like the continuing updates but they still need a bit of fine tuning. It was a great job last night getting mining beams to work on AI and tweaking the cargo capacity for resources, the original 10,000 per stack increase was a bit much but 5,000 per stack seems just right.

The only issue with the AI transports I can see now is they will continue to take resources off other planets and bring them to a SY planet even when it's already full. I've been watching this happen for the past 1/2 hour in Rogen's Rift, every transport in the Struve system is pulling res off their home planet and dropping it on Parcia even though it's completely full.

*Obsidian Shadow*
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-09 12:00   
jeez people cry because they can´t get dreads now people are crying because they can make up your frickin mind you bunch of nit wits

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.021671 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR