Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Tellaris
17th - Oskar von Reuenthal

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Shipyard build queue
 Author Shipyard build queue
Wild Cat
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-08 06:45   
I’m happy with the resource changes, however, these changes brought a few unpleasing game elements with them that is not very user friendly.

Waiting your turn:
Now that you no longer can simply grab a new ship from the first shipyard you see, people have to manage/maintain order in which they have to take turn in taking the next big battle ship from a shipyard. Only the decency of a player keeps this order, anyone who is unwilling to wait (or not yet aware of the new system) and simply grabs a new ship can ruin the effort and time other players put in to gathering the resources.

I hope there is something planned or in the make to make this friendlier, for in its current state, people will argue in chat in unpleasant conversations about ship taking order and who went before his turn bound to cause a few angry people to respond with more unpleasant conversations expressing their feeling.

So I’d like to propose the following idea

Change how shipyards and the garage system works:
Normally you just dock, select a new ship and undock at that shipyard again. What if you can only spawn (undock) ships docked at “that” shipyard from your garage. Anything else will first need to be built.

If you have no ships docked at “that” shipyard you can add “one” ship to the built queue, to be built and upon completion it will be added to your garage docked at “that” particular shipyard.

Anything not docked at “that” shipyard, but in your garage (docked at another shipyard) will need to be transferred to it. A percentage of ship value in resources will need to be paid to get it there. It will be added to the built queue with a percent already completed.

The quickest (and cheapest) way will be by spawning your ship from your garage at the (jump) gate.

In order that ships are added to the built queue, they will be built and upon completion added to your garage. This would maintain a much greater control of who is next in line for a ship.

This would mean that ships docked at “that” shipyard can be taken out of it, without any resource cost.

While waiting for your ship to be built (or transferred) you are free to do other things.

To stimulate mining it would be nice if a share (say 33%) of the resources you unload on the shipyard planet would be added to your own ship it`s built process in the built queue. If you have a less expensive ship in the built queue, (and for example last in line) you can complete your ship on your own with your share of resources, before the other ships are completed.

This is only a suggest and I really hope some thing similar is already in the make or planned to be added, if not I really hope some thing like this idea would be considered to be added in the near future.

Schroedingers Gun
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-08 11:18   
wild cat, i love this idea but extractors should be free, with your system i would choose to stay in an extractor a while to help the fleet, the net result would be the faction with the least selfish players would win, mean more team work and factional co-ordination

darkcow300
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-08 22:38   
also another way to stimulate people to get resources and help is if mining give a bit of resources. we all know for a fact that mining is a major part of gameplay.

especially now a days, if that could be done I'm perfectly sure more people would mine and help before taking they're own battle ship.

-Shadowalker-™
Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-07-08 23:04   
There was a system sorta like this before 1.500 was released.

Except a few things, spawning is the same now but since there werent any transfer gates that wasnt a problem, and you could only spawn at the planet you docked them at, enemy controlled or not.

When spawning a new ship, the planet was drained of reas of what the ship cost and undocking a ship cost nothing.

I think this is relevant. Ima read your post again.

Email -Shadowalker-™
Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-08 23:44   
that sounds great.

My interpetation of it, is this:

ships can only be launched from were they docked(tranfer gate to sag if not docked on specific server?)

Ships are built gradualy, and only use up resources gradualy to be built.(eg a scout might take 30 secs, dred 5 min?)

To build a ship, you specify what ship you want, then add it to the bottom of the build list. when a SY (or new ship building structure?) is free, it will start to build your ship.

sounds epic. i hope devs implement.

Wild Cat
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-09 06:55   

Quote:

On 2010-07-08 23:44, Lulzypulzy wrote:

My interpetation of it, is this:

ships can only be launched from were they docked(tranfer gate to sag if not docked on specific server?)

Ships are built gradualy, and only use up resources gradualy to be built.(eg a scout might take 30 secs, dred 5 min?)

Almost,

If a ship is docked at another shipyard you can’t get for free out of your garage, a resource fee is needed to have the ship transferred. Pretty much the same when your ship gets blown up it gets put in to your garage. Only for the ships you dock at “that” station (or completed building), you can undock free of charge.

If the resources are there on the planet available, than ship will be build instantly (but a built timer doesn't sound all too bad either)

When the resources are not available, then the build time will fully depend on the resource income of the planet and how many people are mining/shipping resources on the planet to speed things up.

PhiliChez
Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-09 09:45   
u should also be able to use res in ur garage to build a ship or 8... that mean ships need to be cheaper. it wont be fun getting a million res for 8 dreads if that happens to be what u want...so things shouldnt cost so much.

Quote from Caboose on the Red vs Blue siries by Rooser Teeth.
Go to YouTube and watch all 100 humorus and only slightly appropriate episodes!

Email PhiliChez
Wild Cat
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-12 03:25   
SWEET!
1.536 - Beta
- Shipyards now have build queues. If there are not enough resources on a planet to spawn your ship, then your ship is place into a queue in the order requested. Once enough resources are available, your ship is built and placed in your storage.
- Docked ships now cost zero resources to spawn, BUT they are now locked to their last docked location. Unless that location has been captured.

Page created in 0.029275 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR