No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.6 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Scenario Resources
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author Scenario Resources
Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-07-07 14:01   
Quote:

On 2010-07-07 13:41, Eledore Massis [R33] wrote:
Warning!
Thinking OUTSIDE the box..

How about a pre-order system?

You order a Assault Cruiser.. you have to mine resources and when adding it to the planet pool, the cost in resources of that pre-ordered ship is deducted to the amount of resources you "donated" to the planet. Pre-ordered ships can not be spawned by using the planets resources however. But you and other people can use those resources to spawn other ships.

Would require a little work. but it think it is possible..

While trying to think outside the box you seem to have stepped on and broken it.

In other words, good idea. If people want to just mine for the sake of helping people on their faction spawn ships they still can, and if someone wants to use their own resources for their own ships and not have someone else use it then they could do that instead.

And now to kick the broken box while it's down. I wonder how hard it would be to add a separate resource slot into the garage that holds, say, 300k with the option to expand it by maybe 50k at a time using credits? You fill it up yourself by docking a ship with resources in it (all that debris will actually have people fighting over it instead of just leaving it there to rot and get in the way of projectiles) and use those resources to spawn your own ships, that way someone could sit around mining if there's nothing going on and save up res for later when it's needed. Goes without saying that those resources should be used first before taking anything from a planet.

Jar Jar Binks
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-07 16:31   
Quote:

On 2010-07-07 04:55, Eledore Massis [R33] wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-07-07 03:47, Azure Prower wrote:
But still, any cost from any ship taken out from planet resources is going to suck.

Meaning who ever mines gets screwed while people sit in shipyard wanting to snag a good ship.

Aargh the good old days. POP what NOO i was saving for a Assault Dreadnough why did you used those resources on a Heavy Cruiser....

Ghehe old days.

Anyhow this is how the system is supposed to work.

But i agree the ships are a bit expensive for scenario, but ship costs are not expected to change.. If i may think aloud: we could up the mining beam a little, but looking at the overall picture that is about the only thing we can do.

E.

isnt the whole point with patches to get RID of grief moments, and not adding them?

ships draining resources got removed for a reason, don't tell me the devs have THAT bad memory....

Fatal Perihelion
Chief Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2010-07-07 21:38   

Looks like mining planets and starports become crucial now.

I wonder if 2 minig planets are enough.

So in Scenario you need some experienced builders, capping, building and protecting Sy, mining planets, and a depot planet.
This will require lots of teamwork to get done in one hour.

Maybe Scenario will end up newbie space and all "veterans" will go to MV.

Some will like that, many dont.

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-07 22:01   
Quote:

On 2010-07-07 16:31, Jar Jar Binks wrote:
ships draining resources got removed for a reason, don't tell me the devs have THAT bad memory....

I never claim to have a good memory (quite the opposite), but it was my impression that it was removed because of a bug... meaning it wasn't "removed" at all. It just stopped working.

Email Shigernafy
MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-07 23:13   
Perhaps it's time to remove the time limit in scenario? That's how it used to be anyway. There's just not enough time to build a good enough infrastructure that can support spawning ships.

I never saw the need to have a time limit anyway. So what if a map lasts a long time? It's still fun, and there's always the option of winning it to move on, which rarely happens now.

Uncle Nuggie
2nd Rear Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-08 03:17   
Yeah i mean i like the nerfed sparrows and the commands but this recorces thing kills the majority of my will to playing this game i recently got a handful of friends to start playing Dark Space right as this new patch came on so what do they get? an entire team mining for 2 hours just to get them all a ship (that can't respawn at the planet unless a martyr stays behind and continues to mine).... also the new patch makes the navigator retarded. :|

Fatal Perihelion
Chief Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2010-07-08 10:25   
Quote:

On 2010-07-07 23:13, MrSparkle wrote:
Perhaps it's time to remove the time limit in scenario? That's how it used to be anyway. There's just not enough time to build a good enough infrastructure that can support spawning ships.

I never saw the need to have a time limit anyway. So what if a map lasts a long time? It's still fun, and there's always the option of winning it to move on, which rarely happens now.

@MrSparkle: I personaly disagree. The timer gives Scenario its special flow
which i dont want to miss. A matter of taste i guess.

There might be dead maps, because no one wants to capture all the massively defended flag planets. The dominating faction could keep the map in stasis just to farm the poor newbies.

To abolish the time limit as an answer to the res problem would be a very
bad compromise.

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-08 11:17   
You are OK with needing well over half the time of a map just to get a ship? Possibly never getting your ship? I'm not, even when I'm in "I only want to build and cap" mode.

I loved the days when there was no time limit, partly because capping the flag planets actually meant something. That's supposed to be the main objective of scenario anyway.

Heck, Darkspace seems to be drifting back toward it's glory days with these "new" changes that are really just re-implementations of old features. So why not no time limit in scenario? Give us time to build our planets, get our ships, have a fun battle, and struggle to actually win a map and move on to the next. Like it used to be.

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-08 11:34   
I already admitted that I have a bad memory, but I don't recall scenario ever not having a time limit. In fact, it used to be shorter; we already extended them all by an hour or two to account for the added slowness of shipyards.

Email Shigernafy
Fatal Perihelion
Chief Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2010-07-08 16:12   
*gasp*
Did you actually read and understand my answer to you, dear Mr.Sparkle?

Giving us more time to do the unwanted but necessary things is OK with you?

Thats called a foul compromise.

--------------------------

Capping the flag planets is secondary...

The more experienced players are in Scenario, the more they agree
to let all factions have Sy and have a ballanced game running.
Instead of kicking a faction just to fight AI and frigs afterwards.

That doesnt mean it is all peacefull the first hour,
there are allways the "bad guys" that keep you busy.

No one wants Transport wars, they are annoying.
In the end people try to win the map just for the story.
(showdown/happy end).

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-08 23:59   
Capping flag planets used to not be secondary. It used to be the objective. Flag planets used to be hard fought over, along with other crucial planets with rare resources. Eventually all of them would be capped and we'd move on.

The worst case scenario is one faction totally dominating the map and farming the other team, but that didn't really happen back then. The game is completely different these days though, in that you need a shipyard to spawn destroyers and up. No such thing as shipyards back then, so even if your faction only held 1 flag planet and that's it you still had resources for ships, plus after a while someone would cap it anyway to move on.

Scenario is so different now, to a point where people purposely don't cap the flag planets in order to play a map to it's time limit. So how about no time limit again, so that people can play really long games and actually need to cap the flag planets to win, like it was intended.

ChaosZ
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-09 01:35   
in scenario the ressource system is not working well.

the effect:
in scenario the highest player lock the SY planet.
he disable the SY.
Now he waits until ress AND tech reached his Station amount.
250k ress and tech 110.
Then he spawns an disable the SY again. That the next Station/Dread could log in .........

If you try to log in as a Destroyer or a Cruiser you will be flamed.
if you not play an extractor you will be flamed.
if the 3 top ranker get there Bigships, the scenario ends.

I think this is not what the developer would like.

Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-09 03:28   
Quote:

On 2010-07-07 13:41, Eledore Massis [R33] wrote:
Warning!
Thinking OUTSIDE the box..

How about a pre-order system?

You order a Assault Cruiser.. you have to mine resources and when adding it to the planet pool, the cost in resources of that pre-ordered ship is deducted to the amount of resources you "donated" to the planet. Pre-ordered ships can not be spawned by using the planets resources however. But you and other people can use those resources to spawn other ships.

Would require a little work. but it think it is possible..

thats basically what i said in another thread.

you devs love stealing ideas from players, hmm?

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.018314 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR