No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +6.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » RE: New Patch
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
 Author RE: New Patch
Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-07-06 23:31   
I can see the next update :

Scroll button reversed: Scroll down to zoom in -scroll up to zoom out.

Hot fix: DS isn't compatable with laptop's mouse anymore.

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-07-06 23:32   
Quote:

On 2010-07-06 22:55, Faustus wrote:

You can hold the left mouse button to rotate as well ..

Left click in planet view snaps to whatever square/structure the cursor ends up on, and deselects your target if you left click to rotate camera in map view. But it's always done that, right click until now has been the way to smoothly rotate the camera without interfering with gameplay but since it's no longer the case it makes it hard to do the normal things people are used to.

But I'll say it again, overall the update is nice, it's mostly just the right click auto execute issues.

ChaosZ
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-07 03:22   
in combat the new control isent working fine (for me).

left click perform a Alphastrike
right click can make actions i didn´t wont.

i am not able to control my ship smooth.

in big battles i often switch to F2 to look around, i click on diffrent ships (friendly and foes) to check our status.

One wrong click, perform a Jump
One Wrong Click, perform a Alphastrike....... so i killed a firend.

3 times i smash in a planet yesterday.

I know that a little time is needed to learn it but i think with a game like Darkspace this kind of Control is not good as possible.

my suggestion is, do it not sensetiv, let Buttons in right upper Corner appear with the posible actions on this target.
or do it center bottom like in many mmorpg´s
So beginner can see what is possible to do.

I play an notebook with a Touchpad, its not possible to control mouse to 100%

thanx

Z

edit: or just let it be an option
[ This Message was edited by: ChaosZ on 2010-07-07 03:52 ]

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-07-07 03:34   

Ran into an issue where I couldn't click on any planets to target them.

Weird. I could target ships and all, but the planet markers went missing.

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-07-07 17:50   
Unless it's just some happy glitch on my end, it seems using right click to rotate the camera no longer makes you auto execute a jump/orbit/follow command in map or planet view windows. I'm betting it's more something that was done with today's server restart, nice job.

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-07 18:15   
Tal:
- HOTFIX: Right click actions (follow, attack, order, etc) can now only happen on the tactical screen. Right click orders can only be done n the navigation/planet screens.
- HOTFIX: Fixed WH device not working.
- HOTFIX: Fixed issue with resources not getting removed from the planet on ship spawn.
- HOTFIX: Right clicking actions will happen on right button release instead of on press. Additionally, the button must be released within 0.5 seconds of being pressed.
- Released: July 6th, 2010

There's a development log you can check for these sort of things.

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-07-07 18:46   
Yes Bard, I know about the dev log. Can't I have a little fun pointing things out in a not so obvious way?

Coeus
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2010-07-07 19:13   
Ok... spent some time in game - a little in combat... while I didn't have any of the misclick problems that have been talked about - I certainly see the extreme potential for it.

How difficult would it be to put a toggle switch into the interface to disable the auto-actions? The same way there is a checkbox to invert the buttons... one to disable the autoactions entirely.

I for one still use the keyboard commands - I've been doing it for almost seven years now... it's second nature to me and comes as natural as pointjumping (which, by the by, I still miss the oldschool pointjumps that you had to adjust for your speed, by the way THAT took skill!)

This way everyone is happy, yes? Well... about this little issue at least...

Insofar as the resource issue... I didn't run into this problem because I gatespawned, and was lucky enough not to be camped... but the potential for abuse, exploitation, and griefing is extreme... I don't have a complete opinion on it at this time (which I know you must all be DYING to hear!) but I will be giving it a good deal of thought.

End result... there are noticably fewer people about right now... and that does concern me. This game was insanely fun for the last month or so... I'd hate to see that all killed because of what may or may not turn out to be poor design decision. As I said, judgement reserved, but my hopes are not optimistic.

ICC Security Council Chief Enforcer

Email Coeus   Goto the website of Coeus
Antra
Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2010-07-07 19:55   
No freaking wonder I can't point jump like I used to! I'm still accounting for speed! Grrrrr.

Email Antra
Coeus
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2010-07-07 20:05   
Hahahahha... no it's idiot proof pointjumping now sadly... which means how you used to make that perfect pointjump by manually targeting beyond the enemy like 800gu to land 100gu infront of him, and someone just regular old jumped you ya had a couple of seconds to do some damage & get some maneuvering in... not anymore Now it's point, click, spacebar.

ICC Security Council Chief Enforcer

Email Coeus   Goto the website of Coeus
Died~2000~Deaths[+R]*CC*
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2010-07-08 05:54   
Ok here goes,there have been alot of good changes biut some problems i have found . only trying to hlp so don't take this wrong. If you in scenerio by yourself it takes forever to get a ship and y does it cost at all to get a ship that has allready been built. It's in storage or docked no? Last night i was in scenerio in a siphoin and the screen freezes i get kicked off server it happend when i used enhancement. normally no biggie but after 45 minutes of building and 45 more xtracting(by my self)i find when i log back on no ship . o happy go lucky am i.then there is no resources to build ne thing. could u please check this problem.overall nice work more good than broke.lol

Email Died~2000~Deaths[+R]*CC*
Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-08 07:03   
AFter some testing, I'd like to propose the "release" timer of 0.5 seconds be reduced a little more. Quick camera movement now yields deselection or ordering, and I think it's possible to avoid it entirely. I don't yet have an idea for numbers, though! But if Faustus'd be so kind as to consider it, that'd be grand.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Page created in 0.020697 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR