No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.9 Days

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » RE: New Patch
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author RE: New Patch
Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-06 13:20   
I repeat: I did not intend for this thread to be for complaints regarding the new interface. Sops, Command, please open your own thread for complaints re: remove the new system. I like the new interface and I DON'T want you guys messing up this thread with a possible derailment to "omg it suks".

Thanks.

Sops
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-07-06 13:40   
The rest of the interface is okay, but I think right click follow/orbit as Azreal pointed out is is far to easy to be clicked by mistake and have you jump across a system or fly into a planet.

And the thread is titled "New Patch" so yeah, it is probably going to get everybody's opinions of the new patch.

JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-06 14:15   
Quote:

On 2010-07-06 13:40, Sops wrote:

And the thread is titled "New Patch" so yeah, it is probably going to get everybody's opinions of the new patch.

It also says clearly in the first post that it isn't a thread meant to recieve complaints.

Email JBud   Goto the website of JBud
Wild Cat
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-06 14:21   
I've played less then 15 minutes and boy are those new controls getting used.

I've both good and bad feelings about them.
I know that the first few minutes doesn't say much as I'm still have to get used to them, never the less, I did find them clumsy.

With the order functions bound to a simple left or right click results in the auto pilot to take over.

I've jumped several times due to unaware executing a move order by left/right clicking on a distance friendly target. Luckely I've not yet smacked in to a planet because of this, but I'm pretty sure this will happen sooner or later.

That the orders can so easily be executed I find risky.
I'm more likely to lose control during battle where chaos will take over.

Even tho the new order functions are a good new thing to DarkSpace, I do feel it needs to be mixed with a function key to execute them.
The ALT key would fit nice role to execute orders, but any other function key would suit me, aslong as it isn't just a left or right click that triggers orders.

Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-06 16:04   
Overall system looks good, orders are nice to have (finally) and the red ring around the screen when in F2/F3 to alert you of a nearby enemy is a nice touch.

Left/Right buttons for rotating the camera is good, but adding the orders to the same buttons is not.

Orders should be the old system, where you clicked on a box in the bottom right corner and a pop up came with the orders available. The other one could be using ALT (like said in the post above) or SHIFT+Click to issue the order.

The other thing is the res check. This is BAD for ICC, specifically in Sag. You cannot spawn a ship you already own at a barren (cruiser/dread/station) and ICC only has an arid at best in Sag. Why not spawn at the gate? Simple, ICC stations have an energy desync bug (that I have told devs about before and was ignored). You spawn at the gate going 5GU and you slow down, server still thinks your going 5GU and you drain energy (even tho you don't see it) as if you were going 5GU still. This results in missiles/IC/beams all reloading as if you had energy but they don't do damage because you really are out of energy (in the case of missile they don't physically launch at all). You quick log (usually in the middle of a battle) to find your out of energy and still going 5GU. This will show up even if you just logged into the game. Only semi way I have found that remotely (doesn't always work) fixes it is to orbit a planet, it seems to resync you with the server and all is good.

About a 80% rating on this version.

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

There is a thin line between knowing when to give up and when to try harder.

Email Starcommander
Lark of Serenity
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2010-07-06 16:08   
thankyou for changing sparrows

now we can watch everyone fly stations forever, content in the knowledge that teamwork will never defeat them.

in other news just bout everything else seems dandy though
[ This Message was edited by: Lark of Serenity on 2010-07-06 16:09 ]

Kaoschan
Fleet Admiral
Interstellar Cultural Confederation United

Posted: 2010-07-06 16:27   
Possible bug(?):

I bombed a planet and build it from scratch.

I placed all Barracks onto the southern(!) hemisphere of the planet.
The newly produced Infantry show up on the notheren hemisphere.

I think the Barracks which got bombed by me were there, but i didn't remeber it clearly.

This was introduced with this patch, so i thought this would be a nice thread.

Topic:
I love all changes, if only the garage fee and ship build costs would work. (perhaps lowerin the fee to 20%?)
[ This Message was edited by: Kaoschan on 2010-07-06 16:29 ]

K'luth Hunter - Recon ~Ping~ Scout - ECCM for the Team, to beat the K'luth!

Goto the website of Kaoschan
LordGuardian
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-06 20:12   
i have to admit this new patch is the worst thing ive ever seen in this game it ruins it when your about to glass a planet and suddenly ur following a enemy and he turns round and kills you and you cant get away because your jump drive is still recharging from jumping towards him.

Can it kindly get removed?
one,two,three

Stevefin
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-06 22:04   
My one complaint about this patch is the jittery and buggy click system. Orders are fine...but warp to and orbit by a click? and even attack? I found myself acidently FF my own team when adjusting the camra and random jumps in the middle of building.

More testing is needed done, take it back to beta atm as it is jittery and buggy at best.

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-06 22:06   
Quote:

On 2010-07-06 16:08, Lark of Serenity wrote:
thankyou for changing sparrows

now we can watch everyone fly stations forever, content in the knowledge that teamwork will never defeat them.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Coeus
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2010-07-06 22:21   
Tell ya what... not liking any of what I'm hearing personally... click to attack, click to move? What is this EvE? Diablo? Haven't had the chance to login and check for myself, but reading what I'm reading... I kinda don't even WANT to... it's like someone took Lark's hockey stick to the core gameplay style of DS.

Again, reserving final judgement till I actually get to try it out... but like I said, nothings making me really want to make an effort.

ICC Security Council Chief Enforcer

Email Coeus   Goto the website of Coeus
Faustus
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2010-07-06 22:38   
Quote:

On 2010-07-06 22:21, Coeus wrote:
Tell ya what... not liking any of what I'm hearing personally... click to attack, click to move? What is this EvE? Diablo? Haven't had the chance to login and check for myself, but reading what I'm reading... I kinda don't even WANT to... it's like someone took Lark's hockey stick to the core gameplay style of DS.

Again, reserving final judgement till I actually get to try it out... but like I said, nothings making me really want to make an effort.

Nothing like either of those games... this change just performs logical actions if you right click on an object... in the old system you would left click to target, then hit F to follow... in the new system you just right click on the object, your current target doesn't change and you should follows whatever you right clicked on.

Goto the website of Faustus
Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-07-06 22:48   
Right clicking anywhere causes you to perform the action on your target though, if you're trying to rotate the camera you'll suddenly find yourself jumping to your target. Right clicking to rotate camera in F3 will make it snap back to whichever planet square/structure you had targeted before trying to rotate the camera if you're in orbit already.

Faustus
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2010-07-06 22:55   
Quote:

On 2010-07-06 22:48, Talien {SOE} wrote:
Right clicking anywhere causes you to perform the action on your target though, if you're trying to rotate the camera you'll suddenly find yourself jumping to your target. Right clicking to rotate camera in F3 will make it snap back to whichever planet square/structure you had targeted before trying to rotate the camera if you're in orbit already.

You can hold the left mouse button to rotate as well ..

Goto the website of Faustus
SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-06 23:14   
cmon the staff has worked hard in beta, ive seen them tesing stuff out.
ill admit the right click is kinda glitchy but the rest seems great

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.019842 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR