No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +6.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » RE: New Patch
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author RE: New Patch
Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-06 10:12   
First off, congratulations on the new overhaul. It is very interesting.

However, some bugs seem to have snuck in that we didn't properly address in Beta; so my apologies for bringing them to light only now. I'll categorise them numerically.

1) The camera movement seems buggy. That is to say, movement with Right-click registers an order regardless of duration the button is clicked. This doesn't seem very nice.
Secondly, on left-click, sometimes the target is lost after releasing the button; an unintended feature, I'm sure.

2) Planets now check for resources before spawning. This seems to be broken in two ways:
First of all, the resources aren't depleted. They're just checked for. I am led to believe due to the wording that resources are meant to be depleted.
Secondly, it seems that gates still permit spawns of any kind, which kind of makes shipyards second to jump gates. It'd be interesting if the gates would be "fixed" so you can spawn only Frigates, Scouts, Transports and Engineers from them - additionally, permitting only the faction that controls the system to spawn from the relevant gate would also be fun.

3) Orders don't seem to work entirely well. For instance, in a Line Station it offers me the option to Reload my enemies.
As well, its present nature of doubling as "attack" or "orbit" AND "give order" gives rise to confusion: while trying to order someone I accidentally set myself to an orbit course, because I failed to realise I couldn't order that person due to rank limitations - someone else'd already ordered him.
I'd suggest reverting this change so that right-click is only orders.

A second problem arises in that hovering over an enemy's diamond gives the "follow" option, whereas hovering over the model gives "attack"... this gives obvious problems for the smaller ships. Can anyone confirm if this is the same for them?

Lastly, it'd be grand if the little help menu always displayed the buttons; it disappears and appears now which is a little distracting; always having the icons there for left-click and right-click would take away from it somewhat and honestly it wouldn't look awful if they stayed there.

EDIT: Actually, would it be possible to display WHO sent you the order in the F5 menu? It won't let me cancel them, but I'd like to at least know who's ordering me.

That's everything so far. Again, the new interface is interesting, but we've failed to properly give feedback so I am afraid I must present it right now.

To others: please don't turn this into a thread for your complaints. If you want to complain about the new patch, create a seperate thread for it. Thank you.
[ This Message was edited by: Bardiche on 2010-07-06 10:16 ]

Faustus
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2010-07-06 10:20   
Thanks for the feedback...

Goto the website of Faustus
Novacat
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-06 10:31   
Quote:

2) Planets now check for resources before spawning. This seems to be broken in two ways:
First of all, the resources aren't depleted. They're just checked for. I am led to believe due to the wording that resources are meant to be depleted.

This is actually an old bug. It was around in the previous patch too, I figured the developers intentionally left it that way until they got the planetary overhaul thing going.

Goto the website of Novacat
Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-07-06 10:35   
Quote:

On 2010-07-06 10:12, Bardiche wrote:
Actually, would it be possible to display WHO sent you the order in the F5 menu? It won't let me cancel them, but I'd like to at least know who's ordering me.

Not only display who sent an order, but giving us an option to disable receiving orders. I logged in literally 5 minutes ago and I'm already sick of getting spammed with them.

Windless Storm
Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-06 10:41   
A BIT CONFUSING ...

Will take time to adjust ...

Goto the website of Windless Storm
Fatal Command (CO)
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

From: over here in New York noticing some ppl are like canoes.....they need to be paddled.
Posted: 2010-07-06 10:43   
Roll back PLZ..til more beta testing done

and PPL...Freaking do Beta once in a while to test plz...I try to when i can...but..I PHAIL

Email Fatal Command (CO)
GunRunner
Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-06 10:59   
Im in an enggie building and i randomly jump or start moving. I also couldnt get a WH device to work.

[ This Message was edited by: GunRunner on 2010-07-06 11:33 ]

Email GunRunner
Rebellion
Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2010-07-06 11:05   
im getting alot of acedental shooting and jumping randomly...maybe im just clumbsy but the system seems a bit sketchy/unstable.

it also may be true that we all need time to get used to it.

a bug i found was when another GA ordered me to do something i cant cancel it (im a GA) i should be able to cancel it

[ This Message was edited by: Grand Admiral CRAZY45 *TO* on 2010-07-06 11:32 ]

\"War does not decide who is right, but who is left\"
\"I stopped fighting my inner demons we're on the same side now\"

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-07-06 11:30   
I think the main issues with this patch are these two things:

Right clicking to rotate the camera when in F2 (map) or F3 (planet build) screens will cause it to select/give order and you'll end up jumping somewhere/scrapping something/activating or deactivating something or ordering another player to go to what you have selected when you really don't want to.

There is no way to tell who gave you an order. This can be easily abused to annoy/harass/grief people by sending new players on a suicide run to attack a planet/player/AI that they have no chance against, or just sending them out to the middle of nowhere. It can also be abused by spamming someone with orders over and over and filling their chat window. As I posted already in this thread, having an option to disable receiving orders would be nice, and having it show who gave you the order in the "order received" message would be good too.

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-06 11:35   
Quote:

Secondly, on left-click, sometimes the target is lost after releasing the button; an unintended feature, I'm sure.

It seems this occurs when you briefly rotate the camera. Perhaps it checks for 5 seconds instead of 0.5?

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-06 12:37   
Getting an issue where SY planets do not light up in the spawn window, though I can click the planet where I know a sy is and still spawn.

Also, everytime I have left the game now, it freezes on logout. When I pull up system panel after cntrl+alt+del, the game then logs out normaly.

Side not: I really really think it is bad idea to have the orbit command as an option on right click. This will create too many problems, and opens a pilot up to unintentionally jumping to an enemy planet and dying before he realizes it. Its like the orbit bug to me, only intentional. Mistake in by book.

Other than that, so far so good.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-07-06 12:41   
One thing I've noticed that seems especially GOOD is being able to order troops to move to a specific area on a planet.

Sops
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-07-06 13:01   
Please remove right click follow/orbit

Thank you.

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-06 13:04   
[Quote]- Both nerfed and buffed tier one missiles to bring them back into the expected performance profile.
  • Maximum Range reduced.
  • Damage increased.
  • Arm delay reduced.
  • Energy use increased.
  • Fire rate decreased

It's not the solution for the MF or HF I think. Atm, these fris are too OP, seriously. The point is they have 3 electric warfare, making them invisible to even station.
My suggestion:
- It's odd that a fri can launch missiles at 360, just like a station. Limit the missles degree to 180 like this picture:
..//\\
.//o\\
//....\\
o is the centre of the ship. /, \ is the limit line.
- Frigate should have maximum 2 electric warfare, with the exception of bomber fri to have 3.
Quote:
additionally, permitting only the faction that controls the system to spawn from the relevant gate would also be fun.

This suggest will break scenario. And it's sad and boring when have to wait 5 minutes or more to move the station to other system.
Quote:
in a Line Station it offers me the option to Reload my enemies

Perhaps this is a bug, but I admit it real. You can fire at any ships, then why can't you reload any ships? However, repping enemies should be considered FF and must have a distress to the faction.

Sops
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-07-06 13:09   
Also I have not seen a shipyard work properly and take me to the ship selection screen in a long time. This is a small bug for anyone who knows to hit Escape but this is kind of a big deal for the newest players who may quickly leave the game if they get frustrated with bugs.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.025116 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR