Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Tellaris
17th - Oskar von Reuenthal

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Tranny-rushing
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author Tranny-rushing
Glaceon
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-05 07:52   
[sarcasm] i know why not just make every planet inferno or gas or remove planets all togeather and just put stars and stuff like that...[/sarcasm]

ok in my oppinion tranny rushing is easly counterable by just droping more troops on ur planet technicaly "rush your own planet" should be easyer cause

1. u dont have to pass ur own dico

2. the defs wont shoot you

3. if its in ur system near by planets will give you a faster place to get infs than the enemy

4. if all else fails just scrap/pause all buildings upload ur troops and bomb the enemy infs of the planet when its caped (note: all ways scrap the dico so the enemy wont trap you)

5.and if all else fails just rage log =P

Coeus
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2010-07-05 09:32   
Shrod, don't be an idiot. Tranny rushing going byebye would have null effect on the rank-ups. Theres a reason we have Scenario... every couple of hours - HEY! Fresh planets to cap and build! Badda bing badda boom. Done.

ICC Security Council Chief Enforcer

Email Coeus   Goto the website of Coeus
Kaoschan
Fleet Admiral
Interstellar Cultural Confederation United

Posted: 2010-07-05 09:45   
Comment from me:

I don't want tranny-rushing to disappear completly, i just want it to be harder.
Right now almost all planets are captured via "pure" tranny-rushing, there are no bomb involved in any state of capturing the planet.

just make it harder to do.

K'luth Hunter - Recon ~Ping~ Scout - ECCM for the Team, to beat the K'luth!

Goto the website of Kaoschan
Azure Prower
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-05 10:06   
Quote:

On 2010-07-05 09:45, Kaoschan wrote:
Comment from me:

I don't want tranny-rushing to disappear completly, i just want it to be harder.
Right now almost all planets are captured via "pure" tranny-rushing, there are no bomb involved in any state of capturing the planet.

just make it harder to do.

Or make bombing more effective and favourable?

Most people don't bomb because there is more effort involved for a lesser result.

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-07-05 11:21   
No, most people (at least most people I've talked to) don't bomb because of desynch issues causing their bombs to hit but have no effect. Granted those issues have gotten better for me since the last update, but it still happens.

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-05 12:51   
Quote:

On 2010-07-05 11:21, Talien {SOE} wrote:
No, most people (at least most people I've talked to) don't bomb because of desynch issues causing their bombs to hit but have no effect. Granted those issues have gotten better for me since the last update, but it still happens.

Heh heh 20 mirvs hit a variance....but it took 2 min to register damage

-Shadowalker-™
Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-07-05 19:23   
It's funny how everyone seemed to completly miss my post. >.>

Email -Shadowalker-™
Ship-Of-Fools
2nd Rear Admiral
Angry Mob

Posted: 2010-07-05 20:47   
this threads title is very misleading....not the topic i was expecting when i opened the thread, it seems to be about transports

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-06 02:05   
Oh... if you think tranny rushing is easy... that's beccause you have allies to help. Do it alone and you still find the difficulty, especially the planet is in another system.

Don't Q_Q 5 stations full drop can capture any planet. If 5 stations can't not accomplish a thing, what will? Don't think a planet has 10 barracks can prevent capping. It takes 2 mins to produce normal infs but in 1:30 min, half of infs may die and the planet captured.

I myself always want to bomb, but in Sagi, am I allowed to do that IN time in the war? Is there any bomber capable of attack ship while bombing? Even a des can kill a command station if it stuck in the dico and planet def range.

Another reason that bombing is not favorable, due to the signature of bombs and the intelligent of def base. It takes 1 sec for ECM to cover the bomb, hence the bomber has to keep the correct distance to the planet, as planet size varies. Failure to do so will get bombs destroyed no matter how many ECM cover. Don't think cloud bomb will accomplish anything without enough ECM. I saw 1 UGTO MC damaged Mycopia when it had no sensor, but then 3 UGTO MC couldn't do anything to Wecamp when it had 2 sensors, although planetary missiles faster than bombs.

Talk about the pres, the transport pres is counted by the number of infs survives on the planet, so if you tranny rush, you'll get more transport pres, while the infs that destroyed give you bomber pres. More pres right? Transport and Bomber both take the risk of being destroyed by def base.

I hate the fact that no matter how a planet is built, it still can be captured by a solo transport, but a solo bomber may never get the job done with a planet has more than 3 sensors.

Conclusion: It's not the tranny rushing, it's how to capture a planet cause so much trouble.

mannythepogs
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-07-06 03:55   
I got an idea,

1. How about, the dropping of troops to planets will active defenses will be disable. (base defenses, must first be destroyed or without powers) before you can drop infantry, in that way, until the planet is firing no once can drop enemy troops on it.

2. Additional Structures, something like Anti- Infantry Planetary Shield only, but not anti bomb shield like ICC shield. In that way, kill that structure first before you drop anything.

On Option 1, new cap planet or planet that was bombed will still be subjected to tranny rush, but not the Old Planet with existing defenses, cause you have to bomb it first.

just my 2 cent.

Fatal Command (CO)
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

From: over here in New York noticing some ppl are like canoes.....they need to be paddled.
Posted: 2010-07-06 07:04   
Quote:

On 2010-07-04 11:48, Fornax wrote:
Tranny rushing has been in place for a very long time (when you look at the history of the game). Once upon a time, you couldn't add beyond the base 32 troops that could be on a planet. Mainly this just meant you had to start out by bombing before you could add anything to it...or wait for an enemy to strip their own planet so you could add yours.

I don't really see Tranny rushing as bad and there are tactical defenses such as simply extending their time and distance on their final sprint to the target with an interdictor unit.

I don't think I'd mind seeing it get a little harder, but certainly not stripped out completely. We're not in the habit of making it so there's only one approved method to complete in-game tasks...let players be ingenious and find ways that work within the system that aren't exploits.

{edit for grammar}
[ This Message was edited by: Fornax on 2010-07-05 16:20 ]

We (the players) used to do that...find ingenious ways to do things....then Devs started calling them exploits ...some I agreed with..some I didnt.End up is if it goes against this RoC (The simplest definition of exploitation is playing the game system instead of playing the game. Also, playing the game in ways it is not meant to be played for any form of personal gain, be it in-game resources or entertainment value. ) then its an exploit.Which IS the case in almost every " ingenious idea".The Devs have final say if it is or isnt.

[ This Message was edited by: Fatal Command (CO) on 2010-07-06 11:03 ]

Email Fatal Command (CO)
MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-06 10:49   
Quote:

On 2010-07-06 02:05, Diep Luc wrote:
Conclusion: It's not the tranny rushing, it's how to capture a planet cause so much trouble.

It's now really how to capture a planet that's causing trouble, it's desync causing it a lot of times. Your bombs seem to hit, but no damage is done. Did they get shot down by defenses but desync makes it seem like they hit? Did they actually hit but the damage is taking time to register and you need to watch it for a while? Are you desynced and need to relog? Is the planet itself bugged? (I recall one or two planets in R33 bugged a while ago, and don't know if they were ever fixed)

When that happens to you enough times you give up on bombing It's just too unreliable especially when relogging doesn't seem to help.

Leonide
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-07-06 16:53   
planets don't mean anything to justify nerfing or getting rid of tranny-rushing (which is a valid tactic anyway).

don't touch tranny rushing, it's just noobs that are whining and QQing anyway, instead of grabbing a ship and killing the trannies.

captain of the ICC Assault Cruiser C.S.S. Sledgehammer

Email Leonide
Zero28
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-06 17:05   
Quote:

On 2010-07-04 09:56, BackSlash wrote:
Tranny rushing is something the development staff didn't account for, and do not want in it's current form. It will be addressed in a future update along with other planetary features.

You where saying somethign mr. Leonide?
Tranny rushing is not suposed to be, your not suposed to be able to cap a fully built planet and even heavily defended on your own
19:33:51 [ZION]GothThug {C?}: "Zero..you are DS's hero"

Marius Falix
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-12 19:58   
Quote:

On 2010-07-06 16:53, Leonide *ADM* wrote:
planets don't mean anything to justify nerfing or getting rid of tranny-rushing (which is a valid tactic anyway).

don't touch tranny rushing, it's just noobs that are whining and QQing anyway, instead of grabbing a ship and killing the trannies.

not easy. for example...

see luth tranny... wait you cant.

We are the Falix Brothers...

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.028215 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR