No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +6.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Scouts too powerful?
 Author Scouts too powerful?
Sauur
Chief Marshal
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2010-07-02 05:47   
I have my thoughts on this but generally I think there is a serious issue with them, on many levels.

Personally my 'major' issue with them is their resilience to an alpha - 'I know the 1,2,3 fire thing after decloak (which is unreasonable imo) - but I have seen them take full projectile and beam damage 4 x's over and still fly.

They take some damage to shields or armour - but is no way they should get a second chance after an alpha, certainly not a 4th chance.

Yes - I know about desync - I can transfer fire onto a dread with no probs - scout ships tho - .....

ATM this is not directed at developers, just curious if others are seeing this every other time or just the Australian Sun frying my brain?

Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-02 06:23   
Its the servers failure in tracking something that fast and dealing the damage to it. If the scout flies straight and you alpha it, it will die, but if it so much as moves the damage is minimized or nullified altogether. This applies to both beams and projectiles as well. Although this dose give scouts a good survivability to getting too close to a ship. Able to get in close and beacon them, since beacons have too short of a range and you have to get inside HCL/AD range to launch them.

I am surprised there wasn't as much QQ over the new scout layouts as there is over the frigates. If UGTO doesn't like something so it gets nerfed, and heaven forbid any other faction says otherwise.

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

There is a thin line between knowing when to give up and when to try harder.

Email Starcommander
Schroedingers Gun
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-02 06:37   
Quote:

On 2010-07-02 06:23, Starcommand of ICC *XO* wrote:
Its the servers failure in tracking something that fast and dealing the damage to it. If the scout flies straight and you alpha it, it will die, but if it so much as moves the damage is minimized or nullified altogether. This applies to both beams and projectiles as well. Although this dose give scouts a good survivability to getting too close to a ship. Able to get in close and beacon them, since beacons have too short of a range and you have to get inside HCL/AD range to launch them.

I am surprised there wasn't as much QQ over the new scout layouts as there is over the frigates. If UGTO doesn't like something so it gets nerfed, and heaven forbid any other faction says otherwise.

and god forbid that a tripple mag sheilded scoutbe able to live, or a scout going 51.8 be able to out run targeting sensors, after all im told the DS fluff says speeds over 40 can't be done

Kaoschan
Fleet Admiral
Interstellar Cultural Confederation United

Posted: 2010-07-02 06:51   
de-sync.

i can get killed by a Dread in my scout sometimes in just one alpha and sometimes i can survive 4+.

its just desync

K'luth Hunter - Recon ~Ping~ Scout - ECCM for the Team, to beat the K'luth!

Goto the website of Kaoschan
Novacat
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-02 07:43   
To be honest, the uberpowered scouts are the only way I can hunt down and reliably kill Pirate elites, since pirate elites have an ugly habit of being able to outrun scouts.

Goto the website of Novacat
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-07-02 07:56   

Try flying a scout thru a full salvo of 8 x AWM mines.

Wild Cat
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-02 08:45   
The assault scouts versions do pack quit a punch for there size, but in general they are no where near "to" powerful. Scouts are fragile, I apparently don't experience that much desync problems and would I get alpha blasted, I'll die.
Would I manage to survive (what doesn't happen often), then I'm a smoking flying wreck that can't take an other hit for sure and forces me to fall back.

One good point jump and any scout can be smoked in an instant with a dreadnought and maybe even with a cruiser.

With a scout I pose only a threat to other scouts, frigates, engineers and transport ships and maybe even to destroyers. But any thing bigger then that packs enough armor, that the damage you can dish out in a scout isn't high enough to force them to retreat. But your annoying enough to cause them to react and blast away at you.

Kaoschan
Fleet Admiral
Interstellar Cultural Confederation United

Posted: 2010-07-02 09:35   
dont forget. the ship re-layout is still in progress and up to now only scouts and frigs got their new layout.

how about waiting till everything is ready?

K'luth Hunter - Recon ~Ping~ Scout - ECCM for the Team, to beat the K'luth!

Goto the website of Kaoschan
Sops
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-07-02 09:51   
SI torpedoes have a habit of not registering damage to smaller ships.

Sinister Strawberry
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-02 12:36   
ive seen this happen mulitple times.

Page created in 0.018307 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR