No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +6.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » New torps???
 Author New torps???
Red Wolf
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-01 01:08   
Just wondering, but is there going to ever be any new torps? Since ivew started playing this game i dont think ive seen a single new torp added to the game. I've seen new missles and stuff like that. An idea is to have a fast torp with minimal damage. Another is to have a torp that can track its target to a certain degree. Just some thoughts.

Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2010-07-01 05:01   
Quote:

On 2010-07-01 01:08, Red Wolf wrote:
Just wondering, but is there going to ever be any new torps? Since ivew started playing this game i dont think ive seen a single new torp added to the game. I've seen new missles and stuff like that.

An apparent reason for this is because of the overdue of bug fixes that persist in the game, the most famous being the arc bug.
The developers are working on new missiles because they did not have much types in the old days-the fast AR, the hunter IT and the heavy Cruise Missile, and their 3 k'luth counterparts. Missiles are being given importance because long ranged combat was not receiving stress upon.

New torpedoes may come after 1.550, when many more bugs and reworks of maps and ships are fully complete.

Quote:

An idea is to have a fast torp with minimal damage. Another is to have a torp that can track its target to a certain degree. Just some thoughts.

We have a torpedo that has speeds of 40 gu/s, the fusion torpedo. There is also a torpedo that tracks and makes up for enemy movements, the MIR energy torpedo. You may want to point out new ideas for torpedoes...

There is a heavy torpedo called the AM torpedo, with high damage and radius of explosion. Also, there is a medium torpedo with characteristics average of fusion and AM torpedo, the proton torpedo.

On this note, I would like to point out the importance of placing medium/long range tracking versions of faction-specific torpedoes on stations, which reduces their medium-long range damage, while also forcing small ships doing pinpricks damage away from medium range.

Cheers.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-07-01 05:06   
Quote:

On 2010-07-01 05:01, Dr. Michael Paradox wrote:
Cheers.

Please don't quote specific version numbers for future additions to the game. There is absolutely no way we can say with certainty that anything like that will make it in, let alone in that version.

On the topic at hand, we are looking into new weapon types for torpedoes and such, but there are other things on the card that take precedence.

Page created in 0.007131 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR