Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » General Support » » Spontaneous self destruct
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Spontaneous self destruct
Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-06-26 15:32   
I've seen this happen a few times since the last patch, someone will self destruct for no apparent reason or in the middle of allies and swear they never activated it and that it happened on it's own, and last night I noticed the "confirm self destruct" message pop up in my chat window in time to cancel it while I was fighting in Sagittarius.

I can say for sure in my case neither of my hands were anywhere near the ctrl key. One hand was on my mouse, the other was on the movement keys, and my mouse cursor was nowhere near the self destruct icon when I saw the message pop up.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-06-26 16:21   
Must be a new disease or virus going round.

The one where which makes you deliriously and furiously call for supplies in the middle of a fight, but hit the wrong button on the right instead....

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-06-26 16:36   
No . Let me see... I dont remember exactly what combination of keys does that, but in past i reproduced the bug with different key combination. It was something like pressing shift+control and click. But again i am not sure , i have to go in game and check it.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-06-26 17:36   
Quote:

On 2010-06-26 16:36, Pakhos wrote:
No . Let me see... I dont remember exactly what combination of keys does that, but in past i reproduced the bug with different key combination. It was something like pressing shift+control and click. But again i am not sure , i have to go in game and check it.

Y'know Pak. There have been instances where your Shift or Ctrl key gets locked in Windows.

Y'know? when you click on your LMB to move stuff around on your desktop but end up highlighting an area instead?

JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2010-06-26 17:41   
Don't try to turn right with a hairtrigger CTRL key

Email JBud   Goto the website of JBud
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-06-26 23:19   
Quote:

On 2010-06-26 17:41, Continuum wrote:
Don't try to turn right with a hairtrigger CTRL key

Dang it's a good thing I use the cursor keys.

mannythepogs
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-06-27 00:15   
Happen to me while toggling with the Defense Shields, Ctrl S is near Ctrl D.

LMAO.

Died~2000~Deaths[+R]*CC*
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2010-06-27 02:05   
I thought i was the only that this has happend to.I have self desrtucted 3x with out doing it myself. It seems to happen to me in battle when i get a low hull like25% then boom Died~1000~Deaths has self destructed and i'm like no friggin way then every one say coward.I noticed it only happens in a station or dread . Is this the same for ne 1 else?

Email Died~2000~Deaths[+R]*CC*
Azure Prower
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-06-27 03:08   
I've seen a 100% Hull and Armor UGTO dread self destruct when ICC was approaching it.

It's quite amusing. If this was the case or not.

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-06-27 03:14   
I've encoutered this issue sometimes, too
The server even said I SDed although I was destroyed by opponent.
And it usually happens when i'm in dread or station =(

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-06-27 03:46   
If you FF yourself to death it'll say you self-destructed. If you had below 25% hull and you suddenly "self-destructed", it's time to remember your weapons have splash damage.

Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2010-06-27 04:39   
DO be careful when using a station or AD/EAD. Your weps DO hurt you, so running under your enemy ISN'T a good idea as you can and will kill yourself faster then if you were not under them. QST's still have splash damage, and even IC do too if you are firing point blank range with someone under you (this needs to be fixed tho). The AD/EAD can also kill themselves with there own torps and IC/QST, same with the siphon/mandy with there AM torps/SI. Many a time have I turned my own arc red or a few colors when I fire my LS's IC at someone under me. Best thing to do in that sit is to use just the HCL/CL as they will do max damage at point blank range. Kluth should learn to not do this as it will get them killed faster and with no extra benefit to there beams, assault disruptor's do the same damage no matter the range.

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

There is a thin line between knowing when to give up and when to try harder.

Email Starcommander
Jar Jar Binks
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-06-27 09:03   
Quote:

On 2010-06-27 04:39, Starcommand of ICC *XO* wrote:
DO be careful when using a station or AD/EAD. Your weps DO hurt you, so running under your enemy ISN'T a good idea as you can and will kill yourself faster then if you were not under them. QST's still have splash damage, and even IC do too if you are firing point blank range with someone under you (this needs to be fixed tho). The AD/EAD can also kill themselves with there own torps and IC/QST, same with the siphon/mandy with there AM torps/SI. Many a time have I turned my own arc red or a few colors when I fire my LS's IC at someone under me. Best thing to do in that sit is to use just the HCL/CL as they will do max damage at point blank range. Kluth should learn to not do this as it will get them killed faster and with no extra benefit to there beams, assault disruptor's do the same damage no matter the range.

all good advices i'm sure, but have absolutely nothing to do with the topic.

post a new thread?

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-06-27 13:14   
Quote:

On 2010-06-27 02:05, Died~1000~Deaths wrote:
I noticed it only happens in a station or dread . Is this the same for ne 1 else?

I was flying a Heavy Cruiser with full armor/hull and less than 50% total shield damage when it happened to me.

Jim Starluck
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-06-27 13:55   
Quote:

On 2010-06-27 04:39, Starcommand of ICC *XO* wrote:

It's also really easy to do this with mines.

Email Jim Starluck
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.027576 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR