No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +6.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Sate My Curiousity
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author Sate My Curiousity
Sardaukar
Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2010-06-25 17:39   
My best friends tend to be my best enemies in game, so I'm fond of playfully insulting others. The trouble is a lot of players take it too seriously now : /.

Rebellion
Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2010-06-25 17:44   
Shoot first, Argue with the metal slag of what used to be your enemy.

\"War does not decide who is right, but who is left\"
\"I stopped fighting my inner demons we're on the same side now\"

Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2010-06-25 17:54   
Scen, if I see a fleet mate I won't shoot unless fired unpon, then its all kinds of fun.

MV, those that are unfleeted I don't trust at all, since they may or may not be 100% loyal to ICC, and could "hop" whenever they felt like it. The factions do put a line, one that pools everyone into the 3 areas. You learn over time that most players of X faction aren't going to be honorable in what they do. Yet even then there are players that I myself like, ones that are red diamonds. Good to shoot at, yet even better to chat to or with. On the battlefield we are enemy's, but off, we are friends.

Yes there are even a few players that are on my side, that I really really wish I could ban from said faction. Certain players that just don't get what ICC really is, or what they are meant to do, and where ICC used to be. They also seem to have it all figured out and won't listen to some correction.

The other thing that comes up is rank. Back in the good days of DS, if you were an admiral you most certainly knew the game well by then, because it took you a long time to get there. Not because the pres rates were any diffrent, it was the pres LOSS that made things change. If you lost a ship, you really felt it, it wasn't what it is today. Now its like "oh I lost a ship, oh I gained PRES for the loss, lol lets do that again" and they come at you with ship after ship not caring if they lose it. Back then, if you lost a ship you basically lost ALL of that days work, and some of the days before. Losing a ship wasn't laughable, it was down right nasty. Which is why tractor scouts were pulled when nerfspace 1.5 came. Tractor scouts were a bane to anyone who was stupid enough to think he was safe orbiting a planet and AFK. This same attitude has returned as well, but this time with Kluth only. You pull out a ship that just died, your at 5 hull no armor, no shields and your in a supposed safe place. A lone luth Krill decloaks and nukes your ship in one alpha from 800 gu, you go boom. The player got almost next to hardly any pres, but the person who just died Loses full pres as if he had lost a full ship.

When I was a captain I knew how to build/bomb/supp and fight, the 4 basic functions of the entire game. Now your lucky to find anyone thats an Admiral that knows HALF of that. Really way too many players just skip ranks by doing nothing but combat alone. So when they are asked to do something else, they don't know how to do it. Some say they can't practice building in the MV, well DUH! MV isn't for learning the game, MV is where you take what you have learned AND PUT IT TO THE TEST.

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

There is a thin line between knowing when to give up and when to try harder.

Email Starcommander
Coeus
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2010-06-25 19:51   

Screw that - I hate all of you fraks. DIAF, Play in Traffic, and Jump off a Bridge

/Record it plz for my entertainmentz?
//Seriously do dislike people across all factions, and like people across all factions.
///Some excerpts from my F-List for example: (I bolded some of the names very well known for being true to their faction of choice that isn't ICC).

Tbone @1289 : Offline
[CSB]AgentFritz @7629 : Offline
[-GTN-]kenetiks @20541 : Offline
Mephiblo @20686 : Offline
[-GTN-]Sopwith Camel @32099 : Offline
Rogue Spear @33303 : Offline
Maskerade @33385 : Offline
[=WKA=]Challenger @34212 : Offline
!Lono! {Rogue Kluth} @37321 : Offline
[CEC]$milingJ35te|2™{=21st=}[R33HG] @52257 : Offline
Landon "Godfoot" Donovan @54582 : Offline
Bobamelius @56098 : Offline
$wiss @60200 : Offline
[-GTN-]Depthcharge @63762 : Offline
-Baron Von Virtu @64962 : Offline
_x$witchBladex_ [1.5 Ahoy!] @72477 : Offline
Rocko Willis @72872 : Offline
HalOS @79939 : Offline
[=Wolf=]ThuggieGenuineDraft @80851 : Offline
Jaydawg @84236 : Offline
Ospolos @89783 : Offline
[CEC]Xpli$it @92064 : Offline
[=Wolf=]Hellza - Drunk Master @99379 : Offline
[AM]Ship-Of-Fools @99604 : Offline
[AM]Ham&Swiss @105423 : Offline
[=X=]FlyD4wn @105673 : Offline
[CEC]no71171 *CL*[retired] @109367 : Offline
[CEC]Sixkiller @114511 : Offline
YIIMM @115927 : Offline
Smartin @119118 : Offline
Krissooo {=TB=} @121651 : Offline

ICC Security Council Chief Enforcer

Email Coeus   Goto the website of Coeus
Lonectzn
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-06-25 22:54   
I play K'luth usually, but most of my favourite players are on UGTO. Still love my old fleet CEC. We're all here to have fun, I think everyone knows that.

Shath
Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-06-25 23:05   
bardiche this is the case on alot of mmos that divide the players up if u think this is shocking u shudve seen vanilla WoW lol i hated horde with a passion..... alot of us alliance just wudnt raid with ppl with horde characters

Shath
Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-06-25 23:29   
Quote:

On 2010-06-25 17:54, Starcommand of ICC *XO* wrote:
Scen, if I see a fleet mate I won't shoot unless fired unpon, then its all kinds of fun.

MV, those that are unfleeted I don't trust at all, since they may or may not be 100% loyal to ICC, and could "hop" whenever they felt like it. The factions do put a line, one that pools everyone into the 3 areas. You learn over time that most players of X faction aren't going to be honorable in what they do. Yet even then there are players that I myself like, ones that are red diamonds. Good to shoot at, yet even better to chat to or with. On the battlefield we are enemy's, but off, we are friends.

Yes there are even a few players that are on my side, that I really really wish I could ban from said faction. Certain players that just don't get what ICC really is, or what they are meant to do, and where ICC used to be. They also seem to have it all figured out and won't listen to some correction.

The other thing that comes up is rank. Back in the good days of DS, if you were an admiral you most certainly knew the game well by then, because it took you a long time to get there. Not because the pres rates were any diffrent, it was the pres LOSS that made things change. If you lost a ship, you really felt it, it wasn't what it is today. Now its like "oh I lost a ship, oh I gained PRES for the loss, lol lets do that again" and they come at you with ship after ship not caring if they lose it. Back then, if you lost a ship you basically lost ALL of that days work, and some of the days before. Losing a ship wasn't laughable, it was down right nasty. Which is why tractor scouts were pulled when nerfspace 1.5 came. Tractor scouts were a bane to anyone who was stupid enough to think he was safe orbiting a planet and AFK. This same attitude has returned as well, but this time with Kluth only. You pull out a ship that just died, your at 5 hull no armor, no shields and your in a supposed safe place. A lone luth Krill decloaks and nukes your ship in one alpha from 800 gu, you go boom. The player got almost next to hardly any pres, but the person who just died Loses full pres as if he had lost a full ship.

When I was a captain I knew how to build/bomb/supp and fight, the 4 basic functions of the entire game. Now your lucky to find anyone thats an Admiral that knows HALF of that. Really way too many players just skip ranks by doing nothing but combat alone. So when they are asked to do something else, they don't know how to do it. Some say they can't practice building in the MV, well DUH! MV isn't for learning the game, MV is where you take what you have learned AND PUT IT TO THE TEST.

tru story i ranked up extraordinarily slow cus id spend 4 hours a day supping and bombing/capping in admiral and then 1h a day fighting in mah lil dessi and at the end of the day i had lost 200 pres lol

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-06-25 23:38   

Log out. I'm myself again.

Glaceon
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-06-26 00:21   
i dont realy feel that red diamonds are enemys some of the pilots on ugto and icc fly realy well and i respect them. some other noobs that brag alot though make nice meals =P

Died~2000~Deaths[+R]*CC*
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2010-06-26 01:31   
When i'm in game usualy red means dead.With that said i come accross a friend in red i started shooting him then he message me hi how ru i did not intend on killing him, for 1 reason he was in a dread so he could have taken me out but he didnt. Then he tried to hlp me with capping a planet so my team could get dreads.Not all of us intend on killing the players unless at so time that person has done something that has really we thought tasteless like killing player engies or extractors or interfering in a duel (u know who u r lol).I guess some players do go to exstreme but not all of us.

Email Died~2000~Deaths[+R]*CC*
The Fridge
Chief Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-06-26 02:47   
Quote:

On 2010-06-25 17:39, Sardaukar wrote:
My best friends tend to be my best enemies in game, so I'm fond of playfully insulting others. The trouble is a lot of players take it too seriously now : /.

Spot on

Drafell
Grand Admiral
Mythica

Posted: 2010-06-26 04:07   
Quote:

Which is why tractor scouts were pulled when nerfspace 1.5 came.

Tractor scouts were primarily pulled due to synchroniation issues with other players...

Goto the website of Drafell
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-06-26 04:22   
I view them as children. Unruly, impolite, crude children who need my size 11 to part their Red Sea.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Veronw
Marshal

Posted: 2010-06-26 13:59   
Some of my greatest friends in this game have been and still are technicly my 'enemies'. Red diamond only means two individuals now have the opportunity to test themselves against each other in glorious combat. Unfortunately, it would seem as if the era of battle legacy has died to be replaced by this strange new hatred. Perhaps its because so many of those who showed others how to fight, how to die, and how to honour the enemy have left, leaving the new ones to find their own path.

I would love to see this personal grudge thing go away, so the game could again return to the happy-teasing of /y, and to the wonderous combat forms.

To the rare few who uphold this old tradition, I salute you, and look forward to fighting with you on the battle field.

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2010-06-27 16:24   
I don't play enough to have a faction that I consider enemies, so I just hate everyone. Have to be fair about it, after all.

Email Shigernafy
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.019577 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR