No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +6.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Sate My Curiousity
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author Sate My Curiousity
Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-06-25 13:57   
So, there's this thing I've been wondering about for a while; you know how the game divides us into three different teams, seperated by a red diamond?

Well, usually there's a lot of hostility and antagonism between people on the red channel, or here in the forums. It's like you actually believe people on UGTO are "enemies" when you're ICC, and vice versa.

Basically what I'm wondering is this: do you really feel people not on your faction are your "enemies"? (mind you, referring to actual ENEMIES, not just "players on opposing teams")

The animosity sometimes displayed between factions is staggering and shocking, and I'm just really curious how people themselves feel about this apparent rift between players where we determine the validity of someone's words by their faction, and as a result tend to have many hours of bickering and malicious (from my outsider's point of view) back-and-fro's.

Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2010-06-25 13:59   
Not really, i see some of them as my enemies, then again, i see some of them as my friends, and some on my own team as my enemies as well:p

Lux (Polaris)
Fleet Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2010-06-25 14:02   
Any competitive game naturally creates animosity and an "us and them" mentality. I don't harbor any grudges or anger towards enemy players, personally, but it's understandable why this "bickering" would occur.

Loyal Admiral of the Interstellar Cultural Confederation Navy.
Senior Commander of the Raven Warriors, the ICC elite.
Captain of the Assault Dreadnaught \"Gungnir\"

Email Lux (Polaris)
YIIMM
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-06-25 14:06   
At the end of the day, everyone in-game is just a person sat at their computer, so I don't like it all that much when people start throwing insults around.

As best as I can I'll try and be gracious to the other sides whether I'm winning or losing; I'm not fond of making enemies anyway.

There is always the occasional slip-up, though.

t500
Marshal

Posted: 2010-06-25 14:28   
Quote:

On 2010-06-25 14:06, YIIMM wrote:
At the end of the day, everyone in-game is just a person sat at their computer, so I don't like it all that much when people start throwing insults around.

As best as I can I'll try and be gracious to the other sides whether I'm winning or losing; I'm not fond of making enemies anyway.

There is always the occasional slip-up, though.

amen

Email t500
SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-06-25 14:29   
Enemies tend to be on opposing factions because you can vent all your anger at them and a flame war starts between members of one faction and the other.....

Sops
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-06-25 14:41   
It seems to me like it is generally some of the newer players that take the bickering overboard the most and the people who have been here the longest that bicker the least.

[ This Message was edited by: Sops on 2010-06-25 14:41 ]

Type Zero
Admiral

Posted: 2010-06-25 15:03   
I find myself arguing with people not based on their faction, but the occasional dictor whiner or someone raging over silly comments. It's just a game, but frustration can bring out the worst in people. I play scenario a lot and i like to switch up my team mates, it makes every fight different and often more enjoyable.

Email Type Zero
PhiliChez
Admiral

Posted: 2010-06-25 15:16   
i think it perfecly logical because ill do anything i can to make the other side lose even if their in my own clan but if u switch it around and were on the same team ill be a perfectly good teammate. thats all there is to it.

Quote from Caboose on the Red vs Blue siries by Rooser Teeth.
Go to YouTube and watch all 100 humorus and only slightly appropriate episodes!

Email PhiliChez
Mr_Morton
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2010-06-25 15:26   
Quote:

On 2010-06-25 14:41, Sops wrote:
It seems to me like it is generally some of the newer players that take the bickering overboard the most and the people who have been here the longest that bicker the least.

[ This Message was edited by: Sops on 2010-06-25 14:41 ]

except for azreal, the icc hater, im just kidding...

Mr.Grim[Loyalist]
Marshal

Posted: 2010-06-25 15:30   
Quote:

On 2010-06-25 13:57, Bardiche wrote:

Basically what I'm wondering is this: do you really feel people not on your faction are your "enemies"? (mind you, referring to actual ENEMIES, not just "players on opposing teams")

i have everyone in the RSM ignored answer your question?

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-06-25 15:35   
Quote:

On 2010-06-25 15:30, Grim-Reaper wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-06-25 13:57, Bardiche wrote:

i have everyone in the RSM ignored answer your question?

wow....just wow....

Wild Cat
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-06-25 16:29   
When I'm playing the game, every thing that lights up red (red target boxes) is at that time my enemy. It doesn't matter to me what faction my opponent is, nor if I'm friends with the player or know him in real live. ... if your red, its weapons free, shoot first, chat later.

This way of thinking some times gets me in to trouble, when a temporary alliance if forged between two faction to join forces against the third faction.

The only real hostility I notice are hot topic on the forum. One faction complaining about the other and visa-versa. Some times, I've the feeling people are blinded by looking only from one view point and thats the view point from the faction he/she/it is loyal to.

In the end it still only a game.

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-06-25 17:00   
Quote:

On 2010-06-25 16:29, Wild Cat wrote:
When I'm playing the game, every thing that lights up red (red target boxes) is at that time my enemy. It doesn't matter to me what faction my opponent is, nor if I'm friends with the player or know him in real live. ... if your red, its weapons free, shoot first, chat later.

What he said, though I won't actively go after someone from my own fleet. If they're in combat already sure, but if they're repairing at a planet, supplying, or building I go out of my way to leave them alone.

But as far as seeing more hostility in /yell I think that's more because if you're going to yell at someone in your own faction it's generally done in faction chat instead. Why fill up everyone's chatbox when it's not necessary? I mean, I've yelled at people on my own team and sometimes even in my own fleet but I do that in faction, /send c, or sometimes I'll even target them and talk privately.

Pyruvic
Fleet Admiral
Interstellar Cultural Confederation United

Posted: 2010-06-25 17:21   
The antagonism in public channels isn't really that bad in DS. Some of it is pretty asinine, when you consider just how serious some people are being, but in the grand scheme of things, DS has nothing on some of the worst examples you can drag from more popular games, like sayy..... WoW. Some of the alliance/horde relations on there are pretty... Bad. Like, really really bad.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.024186 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR