No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +3.6 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Tactics & New Players » » Is there any reward for using an interdictor?
 Author Is there any reward for using an interdictor?
Wild Cat
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-06-25 10:53   
I've asked the question few times in game and picked and followed a few chat discussions in game, yet I'm hearing two different stories.

From my own experience and keeping track of my prestige points, I don't believe there is any kind of reward for flying with an interdictor and preventing the enemy from using there jump drive.

Can any one confirm this, or is there a reward system, would you be able to explain how it works.

NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-06-25 11:07   
the only reward is satisfaction, because you helped someone from you team to kill someone else

i sugested some time ago that u'll get a percentage of the pres for ships killed within your dictorfield but afaik nothing like that had been implemented till now

YIIMM
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-06-25 11:48   
No prestige reward.

Interdiction, scouting, EW, point defence and the like that can help a fleet immeasurably but don't actually net any real prestige are likely a major reason for grouped prestige gain being a long-term goal.

Chewy Squirrel
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-06-25 12:49   
You get Mad props and Street Cred for it

Wild Cat
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-06-25 16:14   
That stinks, I mean the interdicor is one of the few devices that makes a huge difference when it comes down to being wounded and escaping or being killed because you could not jump to safety.

Turning on a interdictor lights you up like a Christmas tree screaming to be shot at... Its true it will give the side using it a use advantage, but ones both sides use it, you have the best kind of battles out there.

Interdictors aren't very popular to fly in, but when they do are around, smaller vessels suddenly become a lot more useful as the are protected from being point jumped and shot to pieces and are often considered less threatening when more bigger threats are about.

I can't grasp why, you would not award some one for using an interdictor.
I'm not looking major rewards, the suggestion made of getting a minor percentage from each kill made with in the interdictor field sounded reasonable.

Badges bronze/silver/gold/plat based on the the hours use or amount of enemy died with in your interdictor field would work for me, as I'm not looking for prestige points, just some thing to brag about and have some thing to show for.

Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-06-25 16:15   
you get nothing. and should never get anything!

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-06-25 16:43   
Quote:

On 2010-06-25 11:48, YIIMM wrote:
No prestige reward.

Interdiction, scouting, EW, point defence and the like that can help a fleet immeasurably but don't actually net any real prestige are likely a major reason for grouped prestige gain being a long-term goal.

What he said. I guess it's a good thing there's a few people around who don't care about pres anymore and don't mind flying Interdictors or beacon ships.

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-06-25 16:48   
Quote:

On 2010-06-25 16:43, Talien wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-06-25 11:48, YIIMM wrote:
No prestige reward.

What he said. I guess it's a good thing there's a few people around who don't care about pres anymore and don't mind flying Interdictors or beacon ships.

Too bad they usually are GAs and above.....

Antra
Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2010-06-25 20:16   
I typically fly non-supply support ships. Check my deaths. I'm also still an Admiral, partially because I don't fly a lot of pew pew. Quite a bit of *fwoosh*fwoosh*fwoosh*fwoosh*.....................*boom*. But not so much the pew pew.

Interdictor cruisers are one of my favorite ships. I wish they had some sort of offensive capability of their own instead of feeling like sitting ducks, like the Zuul's Node Cannon in SotS or somesuch. In any case, grouping is one solution and it has worked well in the past. I just wish that fulfilling important strategic and tactical roles gave you rewards other than "thanks for being a target, bro!" and with grouping, a little bit of pres.

Email Antra
JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2010-06-25 20:53   
Grouping system will allow for Interdictors, Scouts, etc... To earn a percentage of the prestige that the ships they are assisting are earning.

Quote:

On 2010-06-07 09:29, Mersenne Twister wrote:
- Grouping system which allows players to form groups within their faction in-game.
Players will most likely be automatically added into groups with their fleetmates (fleet joining perk). Pres gained in a category (say bombing) will be shared at a reduced percentage to nearby group members (and other mechanisms to discourage leeching). It may be possible to create and disband groups on the fly with other players as well.

[ This Message was edited by: Continuum on 2010-06-25 20:57 ]

Email JBud   Goto the website of JBud
Antra
Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2010-06-25 20:58   
It will work wonders for us support vessels. Was great in the past, and is great now. Encouraged task forces with interdictor support to go on the offensive. I remember the days...let's hope they come back.

Email Antra
DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-06-25 21:16   
Is there ANY reward for using EXTRACTOR?

It upsets me that new players always ask for pres when they fly the ships. The most importance that new players should ask for, is the skills - skills to use ALL the ships.

When playing, every player has the goal to archieve, therefore using the right ship at the right time in the right way is the most valuable decision. It is more precious when supporting the other players when needed.

Danek Ma`arna C`arns
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-06-25 22:18   
Once upon a time, the reward for using the extractor was Planet Caps, as it was the best K'Luth transport.

They were talking about grouping pres in 2004. If it hasn't happened since then, it never will.

Besides, the people who really drive the decision making in this game have no desire to see MORE interdictors in the game. They might lose pres.

Email Danek Ma`arna C`arns
Page created in 0.019828 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR