No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.7 Days

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Please play in Sagi
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
 Author Please play in Sagi
Lark of Serenity
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2010-06-23 21:57   
reminder: the MV gets reset if one faction "wins" by capping all of the planets. Sag is not the only server available to play in. in fact, im kind of miffed that everyone just automatically joins sag, since theres nothing stopping us from making cass, lacerta, or ursa our primary battleground.

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-06-23 22:11   
Due to all discussions in this thread, I come up with the final solution to make Sagi an intertesting place to play is: Make Sagi SCEN-like. It means after the reset of a day, Sagi is restarted to the original form: all planets are empty, 1000 resource, unknown. So players have the reason to build and cap, and attack. Happy everyone?

If a day is not long enough, then perhaps a week, a month?

Personally, I think that Sagi really needs a reset each week, so that it stays refresh and players feel eager to play. Sagi is a long-term war, but it should not be everlasting. The staff wants the players's influence to modify it, but in facts not always take place. Some days I fly in Sagi doing nothing, cause nothing to do: planets are well-built, full of resource, no enemy and not enough players to bomb (I don't want to tranny rush).

About scen, scen is for all, of course. Coombie - #1 player has gain most pres through scen. However, it would be nice if scen has more different rank limit. DS have many ranks, why I only see Chief Marshal and Lieutenant Commander appear? Is FA, VA, captain, ... not considered specific rank? Sometimes, a scen with some FA and above shall end it too quick (less than 5 mins) that newbie will be at fault. On the other hands, I'd love that newbie player listen more to the vets and the vets take time to tell newbie what to do.

As the last line, I want to repeat: capture the entire Sagi will end up with flying around, doing nothing. Finally, BOREDOM KILLS MMO.

Azure Prower
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-06-23 22:54   
Quote:

On 2010-06-23 21:37, SPaRTaN Z (Star Fox) wrote:
It takes 1 person to defend a system.,
Perhaps that 1 person cannot completely stop enemys capturing planets,. but he can sure as hell slow the invading faction down,..
What are the rest of the UGs doing ?
Apart from just flying stations? and... dying..
I gotta say I do have a good laugh sometimes, but can get really frustrated when i gotta stop what i'm doing just to save a planet capture when there are people defending.,
Good to see ICC having a good crack at it all for a change,.. and reality is,. most active faction will dominate most of the time.
... Admittedly tho, from my observations, ICC have only been capping planets while no-one is on the opposing factions,. .
ICC never capped anything on my watch!, and were usually beaten into a pulp if i was prepared. Rarely flying a station, what are they good for anyway?? Capturing a planet with only a station defending it is relativly easy,. its all in the initial approach and not just wasting inf on a tranny rushing,. ya'll need a bit of spartan in ya's and grow some gohonez,. and not give up!! Cuz its really easy once you know how,.

I remember you. When I first started getting rank, I kept harassing you on my missile frigate until I forced you to fly a smaller ship. T'was fun.

But admittedly, ICC didn't have their act together until the day after. You weren't there when we had massive battles against UGTO as we slowly pushed them back until the last system.

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-06-23 23:16   
Quote:

On 2010-06-23 22:54, Azure Prower wrote:

I remember you. When I first started getting rank, I kept harassing you on my missile frigate until I forced you to fly a smaller ship. T'was fun.

You remember him? Dude, you are talking to best ugto pilot EVER!

Azure Prower
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-06-23 23:28   
Quote:

On 2010-06-23 23:16, Pakhos wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-06-23 22:54, Azure Prower wrote:

You remember him? Dude, you are talking to best ugto pilot EVER!

Only came back to DS recently.

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-06-24 05:19   
Quote:

On 2010-06-23 21:57, Lark of Serenity wrote:
reminder: the MV gets reset if one faction "wins" by capping all of the planets. Sag is not the only server available to play in. in fact, im kind of miffed that everyone just automatically joins sag, since theres nothing stopping us from making cass, lacerta, or ursa our primary battleground.

Is this being reinstated? MV resets after a faction takes the server have not happened in more than 4 years. The word then was no more resets. So, are they returning?

And as far as not having planets, to be frank, Kluth doesnt need a single planet to remain viable. Thats a human addiction. All Kluth needs are DECENT numbers. Not large numbers, just decent numbers, and we can fight just the same.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Glaceon
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-06-24 07:07   
Quote:

On 2010-06-24 05:19, Azreal wrote:
Quote:

Is this being reinstated? MV resets after a faction takes the server have not happened in more than 4 years. The word then was no more resets. So, are they returning?

And as far as not having planets, to be frank, Kluth doesnt need a single planet to remain viable. Thats a human addiction. All Kluth needs are DECENT numbers. Not large numbers, just decent numbers, and we can fight just the same.

get 3 kluth players that know what they are doing and you are in troble with or without planets

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2010-06-24 08:29   
There's no set policy on resets. Historically we'd do it upon total capture, then we did it on capture-and-hold-24-hours, now I think the idea is to spawn additional AI and have staff help out an underdog, and if there's no real progress within a day or two and everyone is getting frustrated, we'd reset.

Its partly based on the details of the MV (ie, fully capped for a period of time) and partly on the feeling of the playerbase (ie, whether people are enjoying the challenge or just QQing). But I don't think resets are off the table.

Email Shigernafy
Jar Jar Binks
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-06-24 08:47   
Quote:

in fact, im kind of miffed that everyone just automatically joins sag, since theres nothing stopping us from making cass, lacerta, or ursa our primary battleground.

i wanna have a 4 front war in proc UGTO vs ICC vs K'luth vs MI...

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-06-24 09:39   
Quote:

On 2010-06-24 08:47, Jar Jar Binks wrote:
Quote:

in fact, im kind of miffed that everyone just automatically joins sag, since theres nothing stopping us from making cass, lacerta, or ursa our primary battleground.

i wanna have a 4 front war in proc UGTO vs ICC vs K'luth vs MI...

That would be fun, instead of "players leave eachother alone and farm MI in different areas" that usually seems to happens now. I don't even go into proc because it's so horridly boring.

SPaRTaN Z
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-06-24 11:46   
Sagittarius is ment to be the centre of conflict for all factions.
A central place of conflict. CONFLICT AGH.
Where we can all meet up and duke it out and not have to go looking through different servers just to find an (human) enemy.

Okay so its a game of war and conquest, no denying that,.. although it is one thing to completely wipe a faction out of Sagittarius then go into their homeworld systems to capture, but a little underhanded if you resort to homeworld capping just because you can't capture a planet in Sagittarius, don't you say?

From what i gathered last week,. All was well when I logged into my usual roost at Rememberance, not much going on,. a couple UGTO flying around,.
Mmm, Lots of ICC logged into the metaverse chat,. but can't find no ICC,. I Wonder Where They ARE?
Now WTF? I find it pretty hard to believe that a fleet the size it was, got that deep into Sol,. undetected,. then captured it. Well actually I don't,. cuz the game allows for it,. . And yes,. People should check homeservers more often,. .
Probably pretty realistic for a faction to send a small squad to establish a foothold before the main force comes through the gate after finishing wiping out whoever from Sagittarius,. pretty darn unlikely they will send their whole fleet straight into whats ment to be the heart of the whole faction,. and do so completely undetected.

redbandit87
Chief Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2010-06-24 13:37   
Only reason I play in scen occasionally is because playing in Sag all the time gets boring to me. Scen is a good way to mix things up a bit. It is also good if I know I can't be on for very long.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Page created in 0.015548 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR