No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.8 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

1st - Alamode

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Defense Mode feedback
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author Defense Mode feedback
Wild Cat
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-06-17 13:26   
As a UGTO player I've noticed quit a change in combat.

I'm by far no top-gun pilot, but do consider my self to be quit skilled at piloting the lower tier ships. Quit a few weapon configuration changes I've seen that I'm still getting used to.

In a one on one, frigate fights, I was quite able to stand on my own and had a 50/50 chance on winning or losing. (forcing a flee or killing blow)

Currently I've not won a single fight yet in a one on one, nor do I feel I have the staying power / damage out put I normally had. (with a few exceptions of players who flew almost like it was an AI ship)
Usually it felt like my fights lasted longer and would I have to flee I was at least satisfied that I also worn my opponent down to near death. Now I've to bail out or get killed as my armor gets worn down while my opponents his shields still stand strong.

Now the thing is, I don't know if this is due to the new shield mode that enables them to recharge a lot faster or the weapon changes I'm still not fully used to.

The few things that make me believe its related to the shield mode, is that several times I've noticed that my opponents started to dodge my attacks for a short period of time and the weapon fire slowed down or completely stopped. During that time, the shield strength increased, more rapidly then I'm used to. Shortly after, my opponent reengaged back in to combat.
This I've seen repeated several times ever time when I started to scratch the armor. I never really manage to do some serious hull damage.

Toyed around with EMP Cannons, but they hardly made a difference.

Any how, I can't say for sure if this is caused by the new shield mode, for it very well could be due to the weapons changes or I'm just a poor pilot with a to big ego about his own piloting skills

This is my feedback and my experience of the few fights I could obtain the best results from.

[ This Message was edited by: Wild Cat on 2010-06-17 13:29 ]

Rebellion
Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2010-06-17 13:35   
Quote:

On 2010-06-17 13:26, Wild Cat wrote:
As a UGTO player I've noticed quit a change in combat......yatta yatta yatta

[ This Message was edited by: Wild Cat on 2010-06-17 13:29 ]

#1 i dont see anything wrong if thay are useing it in combat to an extent

#2 i may be wrong but ICC's small ships are supposed to be the strongest

[ This Message was edited by: Fleet Admiral CRAZY45 *TO* on 2010-06-17 13:36 ]

\"War does not decide who is right, but who is left\"
\"I stopped fighting my inner demons we're on the same side now\"

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-06-17 14:30   
Quote:

On 2010-06-17 13:26, Wild Cat wrote:
As a UGTO player I've noticed quit a change in combat.

I'm by far no top-gun pilot, but do consider my self to be quit skilled at piloting the lower tier ships. Quit a few weapon configuration changes I've seen that I'm still getting used to.

In a one on one, frigate fights, I was quite able to stand on my own and had a 50/50 chance on winning or losing. (forcing a flee or killing blow)

Currently I've not won a single fight yet in a one on one, nor do I feel I have the staying power / damage out put I normally had. (with a few exceptions of players who flew almost like it was an AI ship)
Usually it felt like my fights lasted longer and would I have to flee I was at least satisfied that I also worn my opponent down to near death. Now I've to bail out or get killed as my armor gets worn down while my opponents his shields still stand strong.

Now the thing is, I don't know if this is due to the new shield mode that enables them to recharge a lot faster or the weapon changes I'm still not fully used to.

The few things that make me believe its related to the shield mode, is that several times I've noticed that my opponents started to dodge my attacks for a short period of time and the weapon fire slowed down or completely stopped. During that time, the shield strength increased, more rapidly then I'm used to. Shortly after, my opponent reengaged back in to combat.
This I've seen repeated several times ever time when I started to scratch the armor. I never really manage to do some serious hull damage.

Toyed around with EMP Cannons, but they hardly made a difference.

Any how, I can't say for sure if this is caused by the new shield mode, for it very well could be due to the weapons changes or I'm just a poor pilot with a to big ego about his own piloting skills

This is my feedback and my experience of the few fights I could obtain the best results from.

To me it's a good thing now that ICC is finally on par with the other 2 factions in terms of combat endurance. Makes for more interesting and protracted battles. More pres to go around for everyone.

Just like the one we had a couple of hours back in R33 at one of the gates near Haven. 3 way fight between K'luth, ICC and UGTO.

Those ICC dreads and stations are a lot tougher now, for sure.

[ This Message was edited by: Kenny_Naboo on 2010-06-17 14:31 ]

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-06-17 15:28   
ICC are not meant to have the most powerful small ships, or bigger ships. They're meant to be even. If the small ships end up too powerful, we'll change it as a result.

Reznor
Marshal

Posted: 2010-06-17 16:52   
Playing scenario as UGTO vs ICC, the cruiser class ships of the ICC have always been better.

Out flew a guy once, was on his tail almost the entire time, and I still took hull damage.

Interdictor: (DS) A planetary emplacement or Cruiser Class vessel capable of preventing FTL travel in a certain radius.

Wild Cat
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-06-17 17:20   
Quote:

On 2010-06-17 13:35, Fleet Admiral CRAZY45 *TO* wrote:

I don't recall saying it is wrong that its used during combat.
I only pointed out that it enhanced the combat staying capabilities during combat noticeably.

But I can't say for sure, never asked if my opponent if he was using the defense mode to recharge or not. I only assume he did due the the rapid shield regeneration believed to see.

Any way,
I just played a good scenario game with a couple of good long battles with lots of players involved. During combat mixed with cruisers dreads and stations, I didn't notice much of a difference trying to hammer down the shield of my target, but then again I wasn't the only one shooting at my target.

However, I noticed that wounded/damage ICC ships that managed to shake free from the front line or managed to keep an ally between them and the fire where able to recharge and get back in to the fray with out actually leaving the battle.

I'm pretty jealous of this , even if I manage to shake free I still need to have a friendly supply ship around or pull back from the battle field to lick my wounds at a depot before I can effectively rejoin battle.

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-06-17 17:27   
Quote:

On 2010-06-17 07:10, Lark of Serenity wrote:
pakhos,
A) playing a hit and run faction as a slugging match faction is probably not wise. if youve run out of energy youre doing it wrong.
B) if its shields went up, you were trying to solo a station. dont shoot stations by yourself next time.

energy drain off shield regen is pretty massive. usually i have to drain my ships entire energy store to run shields back up from all 0s. its balanced just lovely.

Dont be paranoic ! Seriously , this is a feedback about def mode. This isnt a how wrong i play because i run out of energy or shooting station by myself.

All i am saying DEF MODE is good and i am happy for icc!

Rebellion
Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2010-06-17 19:50   
Quote:

On 2010-06-17 17:20, Wild Cat wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-06-17 13:35, Fleet Admiral CRAZY45 *TO* wrote:

I don't recall saying it is wrong that its used during combat.
I only pointed out that it enhanced the combat staying capabilities during combat noticeably.

But I can't say for sure, never asked if my opponent if he was using the defense mode to recharge or not. I only assume he did due the the rapid shield regeneration believed to see.

Any way,
I just played a good scenario game with a couple of good long battles with lots of players involved. During combat mixed with cruisers dreads and stations, I didn't notice much of a difference trying to hammer down the shield of my target, but then again I wasn't the only one shooting at my target.

However, I noticed that wounded/damage ICC ships that managed to shake free from the front line or managed to keep an ally between them and the fire where able to recharge and get back in to the fray with out actually leaving the battle.

I'm pretty jealous of this , even if I manage to shake free I still need to have a friendly supply ship around or pull back from the battle field to lick my wounds at a depot before I can effectively rejoin battle.

What now are u guys gunna complaine about not getting into combat fast......are u kidding me?

do u really want to strip us of all of our few tactical advantages lets just take away our misseles wile we are at it....The Nerve of some people!

\"War does not decide who is right, but who is left\"
\"I stopped fighting my inner demons we're on the same side now\"

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-06-17 20:27   
Quote:

On 2010-06-17 15:28, BackSlash wrote:
ICC are not meant to have the most powerful small ships, or bigger ships. They're meant to be even. If the small ships end up too powerful, we'll change it as a result.

icc small ships have always been harder to kill becuase of there shields, not so much due to there weapon load outs.

as for defence mode. i love how quickly my shields recharge after a battle. only problem i have noitced is when i go to shut off my shields in combat i have been having to press ctrl s 3 to 4 times to get my shields to shut off and outta defence mode. if by some mistake you leave it in defence mode you noticed real soon that you made the mistake, and your outta power.
[ This Message was edited by: Fatal Borgie on 2010-06-17 20:29 ]

Email Borgie
Aradrox
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-06-18 00:03   
Quote:

On 2010-06-16 22:46, Kenny_Naboo wrote:

Overcharge, Regen, Defense..... bah. Just semantics.

ICC got what they wanted, a way to keep their shields up. That's all that matters.

Def mode works as intended. Gets ICC back into combat faster, and a way to keep up with the Uggies. Now they can just sit at planets and let the rep drones work on their armor and hull, while Def mode restores shielding.

And I noticed that Def mode works great on their stations. ICC stations are now tough nuts to crack. 3 K'luth dreads took a damned long time to kill a single ICC station with blue Def enh + Def mode. Granted that the station couldn't really use its beams to fire back much. But if there had been a couple of ICC dreads about, it would have resulted in an ICC win.

and 1 icc station and 1 - 2 icc dreads SHOULD win vs 3 luth dreads...
[ This Message was edited by: Fleet Admiral Aranox on 2010-06-18 00:09 ]

Aradrox
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-06-18 00:07   
Quote:

On 2010-06-17 15:28, BackSlash wrote:

well then you prolly needa change it i play ICC and our smaller ships HAVE been more powerful ive taken on 3 ugto scout in my ICC sensor scout and won so im either the best play ever or my ship is totally OP i shall concede it was the latter of the two
yet i think the cruisers and up are well balanced atm the smaller ships shields just already regen to fast for 4x regen to apply effectivly impletment a if statement for each ship and change the regen the smaller ships get for example
if ship=scout
set defModeRegen=x2
if ship=frig
set defModeRegen=x3
if ship=cruiser
defModeRegen=x4
if ship=dread
set defModeRegen=x4
if ship=station
set defModeRegen=x4
end if

this is just a pseudocode example of how i believe the def mode regen function or module could be reworked i know its more complicated but just a suggestion and thought id get in a little pratice for my if statements since the idea popped up in my head
[ This Message was edited by: Fleet Admiral Aranox on 2010-06-18 00:15 ]

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-06-18 00:39   
Quote:

On 2010-06-18 00:03, Fleet Admiral Aranox wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-06-16 22:46, Kenny_Naboo wrote:

Overcharge, Regen, Defense..... bah. Just semantics.

ICC got what they wanted, a way to keep their shields up. That's all that matters.

Def mode works as intended. Gets ICC back into combat faster, and a way to keep up with the Uggies. Now they can just sit at planets and let the rep drones work on their armor and hull, while Def mode restores shielding.

And I noticed that Def mode works great on their stations. ICC stations are now tough nuts to crack. 3 K'luth dreads took a damned long time to kill a single ICC station with blue Def enh + Def mode. Granted that the station couldn't really use its beams to fire back much. But if there had been a couple of ICC dreads about, it would have resulted in an ICC win.

and 1 icc station and 1 - 2 icc dreads SHOULD win vs 3 luth dreads...
[ This Message was edited by: Fleet Admiral Aranox on 2010-06-18 00:09 ]

Prior to def mode, 3 Kluth dread would have killed the station in a hurry then give the 2 dreads a good fight before escaping. Now with Def mode, we'll definitely approach with more caution.

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-06-18 01:35   
Quote:

On 2010-06-18 00:07, Fleet Admiral Aranox wrote:

well then you prolly needa change it i play ICC and our smaller ships HAVE been more powerful ive taken on 3 ugto scout in my ICC sensor scout and won so im either the best play ever or my ship is totally OP i shall concede it was the latter of the two

Were you using enhancements? Were the UGTO scouts antisensor or long range maybe? Or just new players. I've taken on multiple UGTO scouts with my sensor corvette and won as well, but I'm certainly not the best pilot ever, nor is a stock sensor corvette overpowered. It's amazing the difference a few enhancements will make.

Lux (Polaris)
Fleet Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2010-06-18 01:37   
I would have to say that Defense Mode is quite useful. I use it during the first stages of combat or during extended planetary sieges, and I have to say, it works quite well. It's not invincible by any means, of course, and toe to toe, Battle Dreadnaughts and EADs drain my shields and energy quite fast.

I feel like it has made quite a positive impact on the endurance of ICC ships, (obviously) and at the same time does not make fighting "easy" for us. Teamwork and tactics make a far greater impact than Defense Mode does; that in my mind, is good, as Defense Mode just gives us more strategic options at our disposal without giving us a "Win" button.

Loyal Admiral of the Interstellar Cultural Confederation Navy.
Senior Commander of the Raven Warriors, the ICC elite.
Captain of the Assault Dreadnaught \"Gungnir\"

Email Lux (Polaris)
Aradrox
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-06-18 02:07   
Quote:

On 2010-06-18 01:35, Talien wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-06-18 00:07, Fleet Admiral Aranox wrote:

Were you using enhancements? Were the UGTO scouts antisensor or long range maybe? Or just new players. I've taken on multiple UGTO scouts with my sensor corvette and won as well, but I'm certainly not the best pilot ever, nor is a stock sensor corvette overpowered. It's amazing the difference a few enhancements will make.

no enhancements...the icc sensor scout is addmitedly OP

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.027121 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR