No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +3.3 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

1st - Alamode

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Why I chose ICC.
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author Why I chose ICC.
Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2010-06-14 04:35   
Well figured to make a place for people to post on WHY they chose there home faction. This is for people who are LOYAL to there faction, no stupid faction hoppers.

This pic here was so awesome looking,
http://www.darkspace.net/downloads/darkspace2.jpg
its why I picked ICC.

There ships look awesome, uglies looked almost not human and just didn't fit space combat look. Also ICC was with shields, I always in any game, picked defense over offense, and ICC fit that role.

Anyone else?
[ This Message was edited by: Starcommand of ICC *XO* on 2010-06-14 04:36 ]

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

There is a thin line between knowing when to give up and when to try harder.

Email Starcommander
Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-06-14 05:02   
allthough i prefer to enjoy 100% of the game,

i am mostly ICC.

why?

ICC look cool, i like their tech, pulse cannon sound is annoying, shields are allmighty good.

but above all, its the players. while some may be dificult to get moving, when they are all determined, the job gets done.

Great Budda
Fleet Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-06-14 05:03   
Quote:

On 2010-06-14 04:35, Starcommand of ICC *XO* wrote:
Well figured to make a place for people to post on WHY they chose there home faction. This is for people who are LOYAL to there faction, no stupid faction hoppers.

So because I have not decided where my faction home is I'm as you say "A stupid faction hopper". I used to think highly of you but now my faith is beginning to waiver. I thought ICC was my home but it's not fair for me to make that assumption until I have experienced the other side to see if the grass is truly greener. Now I do take your comments with a grain of salt because you were a driving factor of the faction hopping FTL fleet (which I was also a part of). All of a sudden you are full of rhetoric and grandstanding about inferior faction hoppers. I personally take offence to the bravado you are jack booting. You have no right to look down on people who are still making a choice..... If they ever choose to make one.

I choose ICC..... Now I need to know I made the right choice for the right reasons. No matter the amount of swagger you place on loyalty to a faction I owe it to myself to walk my own path and then will pledge my loyalty to a faction when I choose to do so.

Regards,

Great Budda

NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-06-14 05:05   
unfortunatly i'm a "stupid faction-hopper", but the reason i choose icc:

missle-spam, because its cool

the reason, why i prefer playing luth:
cloak
and people, who dont care about faction-hoppers

[ This Message was edited by: NoBoDx on 2010-06-14 05:07 ]

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-06-14 05:17   

LOL Faction hoppers. That's fine.

WHat I really detest are Fleet Hoppers.

Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2010-06-14 05:17   
@ Budda.

I was aiming that comment at people who are known to sabo and hop around when it suites them and they can get more pres. The people who are a faction for one combat, and 4 min later are on another faction attacking the planet that just got taken. I did not aim that at people who are still choosing there "home" faction. Yes I did start FTL to aim for balancing the game player wise when the player base was small and it was needed. Also it coudn't move for a WEEK as that was the cooldown between moving from faction to faction. Now its not and now I have thrown my towel in with ICC for good, after FS I was a free agent, and didn't know exactly what to do. I never had been free of a fleet, since I joined FS shortly after starting up with the game. I still despise and do not trust people who are unfleeted, why? Because they can back-stab you at any moment, turning a perfectly tuned attack on its end because he hopped over and told the enemy. Faction Hopper is a hard to place condition, and is thrown around a little too easily even by myself. Faction hoppers are ones that move around daily, or more then once a day.

People who are fleeted are for 2 reasons, one is to always have someone to fly with, the other is because they have chosen that faction as home. They will typically stay there for a vary long time to the point where if they aren't flying that faction, it is a shock to the entire player base.

[ This Message was edited by: Starcommand of ICC *XO* on 2010-06-14 05:21 ]

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

There is a thin line between knowing when to give up and when to try harder.

Email Starcommander
Great Budda
Fleet Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-06-14 05:29   
I accept your explanation and apologize for my harsh undertone. The way you put it in your original post struck a mighty tender nerve of mine.

Sops
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-06-14 08:56   
When I joined I didn't spend too much time exploring the factions, the guys that introduced me to the game were playing ICC so that is the faction I flew. I kept playing dark space, they didn't. There was one period when UGTO was getting pushed off the MV and generally getting their ass kicked, I thought I would switch over and give them an extra hand. Was never inclined to switch back.

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-06-14 09:31   
I don't care if anybody calls me "faction hopper"... People who don't trust me really don't have faith in the RoC.

I choose ICC cause ICC requires many skills. When I play in ICC ships, I can see the clear challenge to manage the ship. Of course UGTO and Kluth also requires distinguishing skills, and they're hard to master, too. But only in ICC, I can feel the dense pressure with the head when trying to survive by rotating the shield.

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-06-14 09:48   
I play ICC because I like the loadouts for most ships, and the models for the most part look better to me aside from the Scouts, the forward lighted cockpit area just looks horribly out of place. Ironic since Scouts are mainly what I fly.

James 296
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-06-14 14:11   
Call me a Faction hopper if you will but I hop because my reasons for staying has not been met:

A. Having fun with a group of people/person

B. earning pres (no matter how small)

C. feeling helpful in the cause.

if just one of these reason are met then I will stay with that faction. As far as loyality, I 'm loyal to my friends no matter which side their on. Now, ICC I prefer their cruisers (and below) to any other faction and when I become an Admiral I shall chose which dreads I like after that I will pick my home faction. for unknown to you ICC was the faction I picked when I first started this game on a long forgotten profile (way back when they deleted inactive acounts) and I still have the box along with the cd......somewhere in my computer room (hard to keep track when you have 75+ pc games lying around ). However i do have ATLEAST a shread of respect for all factions and players even thro I have a great distest for k'luth and I do play luth from time to time. and you my good sir, must have respect for them, for faction hoppers are the mercs of Darkspace and their currency is Pres as pres is the currency for all of us. Note: credits are a completely different story. Now for the reason; if I choose ICC, it will not be because of the ships nor because of the time spent in icc ships , but because of the people and my personal taste. I wish all of you the best of luck as a pilot in DS and I will see you on the other side.
[ This Message was edited by: James296 on 2010-06-14 14:12 ]

Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2010-06-14 14:26   
Cool ships.

Agile ships.

A few smart pilots.

Email Sens [R33]
Reznor
Marshal

Posted: 2010-06-14 14:27   
Like you, I always play defensively.

But the major part as to why I joined ICC, is at the time they were the worst faction (defense mode FINALLY turning this around? Until it's nerfed I guess) .

Playing kluth was SO EASY. So what your armor is thin, it comes back fast, if you get hit at all.

And UGTO is night invincible with a few sups on them, plus have ultra firepower.

It doesn't feel right flying in space and not being able to "Red Alert, RAISE SHIELDS" anyway .

Plus, a double barreled ion cannon with super range and speed? Best Core wep in the game. And yes, thier ships look the best too.

Interdictor: (DS) A planetary emplacement or Cruiser Class vessel capable of preventing FTL travel in a certain radius.

Veronw
Marshal

Posted: 2010-06-14 14:39   
Hmmm, way back in 483, I went to ICC because well.. there weren't any left. For a time, maybe a month or so, there was only the occasional newbie flying about. Was a uggy back then, and got bored of the typical 'OMG SHIP KILL ITTTT' thing that was going on.

So, I elected to go ICC. Left the fleet I made, and became a one man wrecking crew for a bit

Ahhhh, I'm sure some people from that era recall me flying about with a fleet of uggies following

Lux (Polaris)
Fleet Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2010-06-14 14:44   
I actually like UGTO more, who stuck with good-old fashioned plate armor, and were the "main" human faction in my mind, having Earth as their capital, etc.

But then after seeing Raven (ICC at the time) completely decimate a numerically superior UGTO fleet, which fell apart due to bad teamwork, I made the switch.

Loyal Admiral of the Interstellar Cultural Confederation Navy.
Senior Commander of the Raven Warriors, the ICC elite.
Captain of the Assault Dreadnaught \"Gungnir\"

Email Lux (Polaris)
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.022266 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR